BOARD status

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head
Is it happening to lots of folks -- or is it just something I have done?

LOTS of HTML code seems not to work.

No smilies.

No italics, bold or underlining (at least not without manually entering the brackets and letters and backslashes, etc.) and no click-able size or color options.

Also, no avies for at least half of the Board -- maybe more.

No smilies.

No italics, bold or underlining (at least not without manually entering the brackets and letters and backslashes, etc.) and no click-able size or color options.

I'm not having any problems at the moment, but I've had a number of browser issues with this site before.

Does it seem to be a connection issue, or a browser one?

Is your internet running really slow, or is it only this site that's causing problems?

No smilies.

I'm not having any problems at the moment, but I've had a number of browser issues with this site before.

Is your internet running really slow, or is it only this site that's causing problems?

No. My internet speed is still pretty fast. I THINK it's just this Board. (It happened on my Office computer when I checked in earlier today, too, but I hadn't given it much thought at that point.)

No smilies.

No. My internet speed is still pretty fast. I THINK it's just this Board. (It happened on my Office computer when I checked in earlier today, too, but I hadn't given it much thought at that point.)

Have you tried a different browser?

I'm having to click twice to submit my Rep comment, then I get a message that I can't Rep the same post twice

*shrug*

I just gave a rep out and instead of the box opening up ON the same screen as the post I was repping, I got a new screen for JUST the rep comment. It went through, but it is another quirk. I am wondering if somebody has gotten to the Mother Ship of USMB?

I had not. But I will.

EDIT:

Hm.

On the browser which I usually choose not to use, the glitches are not there.

Last edited:
It is either Obama's fault or Romney's fault. Just not the actual fault of your IP :D

No smilies.

Are you still using Netscape Navigator as your browser? That might be the problem.

I had not. But I will.

EDIT:

Hm.

On the browser which I usually choose not to use, the glitches are not there.

It's funny how that works sometimes.

I've had problems with this site in Chrome and Firefox, but never with Safari (which I normally never use).

No smilies.

Are you still using Netscape Navigator as your browser? That might be the problem.

Ah, a trip down memory lane.

Is netscape even still in bidness?

No smilies.

AOL ate them in the mid-nineties, but the source code from Netscape Navigator went to Mozilla (a non-profit), which then made Firefox.

No smilies.

No, but posting that brought back fond memories. I'll probably be telling my grandkids about browsers some day.

But to answer your original question, no, I haven't had any problems with Firefox.

I have the same kinds of problems.

And, when I post a reply in a thread, the page just keeps refreshing over and over again. Threads never open with the last post read.

That's part of the reason why I seldom try to follow a thread.

I've cleaned out cookies again but it didn't help.

But then, sometimes, the board will suddenly work for a day or even two. Then its right back to all the glitches.

I have the same kinds of problems.

And, when I post a reply in a thread, the page just keeps refreshing over and over again. Threads never open with the last post read.

That's part of the reason why I seldom try to follow a thread.

I've cleaned out cookies again but it didn't help.

But then, sometimes, the board will suddenly work for a day or even two. Then its right back to all the glitches.

I like modern technology. But I can't pretend to know what the hell is going on with that kind of behavior.

Did you try the reboot?

ALso, you might want to consider investing in a great utility to keep your system running as efficiently as possible. As an example, you might look at iolo's "System Mechanic" as well as a making sure your firewall and security SYSTEM is integrated and up to date. I like Zone Alarm, but there are several others that will help you.

Forum List

Back