Bloomberg’s nannyism: It’s come to this

Equivocation. Taxation is not 'voluntary'. Should I increase that font for you?

The People consent to it through their government. That was kinda the whole point of the Revolution - that we not be taxed without our consent through a representative body. Did the Revolution fail?

Again, democratic consent isn't the issue. Taxes aren't voluntary, even if we give government our consent to levy them. If you really believe otherwise, try not paying your taxes and tell me how that works out.

I'm asking about your own ideals concerning the scope and purpose of government. Do you have any?

I believe I've made it abundantly clear , so long as it is within the bounds of overriding federal and state laws. What about that do you not understand?

What I don't understand is what your conception of federal and state limitations on government are.

I believe I've made it abundantly clear that local governments must operate within the limits of federal and state law - including the U.S. and state Constitution. What about that do you not understand? If it doesn't violate a higher law, NYC can regulate however it chooses.

Our leaders have made careers of obfuscating and evading those limitations with the same king of vague sophistry you're leaning on here. So, falling back on the "bounds of overriding federal and state laws" is a copout. I'm asking you what you think those bounds should be. Because very often you argue as though they should be virtually nothing at all - and that leaves us with your naked statement that: "the purpose of local government is whatever the fuck the locally governed decide it is" - which is mob rule and dangerous in the extreme.

What should they be? I think the U.S. Constitution is fine the way it is. You believe we should amend it to disallow state and local governments from regulating business?

Bloomberg is NO republican. He reminds me of Big Brother.

It would not surprise me in the least if we see him appointed to some health nazi committee in the future. (That's if Dear Leader wins)

Picture this scenario:

New Mom: May I have a bottle please?

Nurse Ratchett: The hospital recommends the breast.

New Mom: Been there; done that. Hated it.

Nurse Ratchett: "Hated it" is not a valid medical excuse.

New Mom: How about "refuses"?

Nurse Ratchett: I don't think you want me to write that down. I'd have to call CPS.

New Mom: Scratch that. Tell Mayor Bloomberg and the Boobie Police that I am an alcoholic, pole dancer, who enjoys S&M role play. Lactating breasts could negatively impact my livelihood and my lifestyle choices.

Nurse Ratchett: Oh in that case, New Mom, how many cases would you like? :lol:

Clearly you should be allowed to feed your newborn anything you like. In Mexico Coca-cola is a favorite.

Don't wanna play by hospital rules get a fucking midwife.

Not that bright huh? We had to use bottles because my wife had trouble with the kids latching on. We where worried they where not getting enough food when she tried.

Bloomberg can go fuck himself.

Thank you thank you thank you. And did using formula make your wife less than a wonderful mother?

Of course not. Of course it didn't. I've been trying to explain in the thread that sometimes no matter how much one would love to, breastfeeding didn't work out as planned.

This new endeavor by Bloomberg by mandating formula bottles being given out as "prescriptions" just demeans the new mother as a failure.

This is really sickening. It hurts the heart. It's just plain wrong.
Well actually it did make her feel like she failed. But our kids needed food and we did what we had to do. Bloombergs idea isn't very well thought out.naturally he is a man and thus more inclined to be ignorant on such matters.

Not that bright huh? We had to use bottles because my wife had trouble with the kids latching on. We where worried they where not getting enough food when she tried.

Thank you thank you thank you. And did using formula make your wife less than a wonderful mother?

Of course not. Of course it didn't. I've been trying to explain in the thread that sometimes no matter how much one would love to, breastfeeding didn't work out as planned.

This new endeavor by Bloomberg by mandating formula bottles being given out as "prescriptions" just demeans the new mother as a failure.

Well actually it did make her feel like she failed. But our kids needed food and we did what we had to do. Bloombergs idea isn't very well thought out.naturally he is a man and thus more inclined to be ignorant on such matters.

Bloomberg wouldn't have stopped your wife from using formula. You're being a moron.

Hey guys, just FYI, the Mayor of New York City isn't the same as the Governor of New York state.
Enforce the New York State hospital regulation to not supplement breastfeeding infants with formula unless medically indicated and documented on the infant’s medical chart

Info. for Health Care Providers : Bureau of Maternal, Infant, and Reproductive Health : NYC DOHMH

So now you're just bitching about the Mayor of New York enforcing a state law that he had no say in passing.

So what? He is wrong in doing so, the state is wrong in doing so. Its a needless law that wastes everyones time and takes away choice.

You know that whole womans right to choose angle pro choice people go with? Yeah you look like asses here.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just FYI, the Mayor of New York City isn't the same as the Governor of New York state.
Enforce the New York State hospital regulation to not supplement breastfeeding infants with formula unless medically indicated and documented on the infant’s medical chart

Info. for Health Care Providers : Bureau of Maternal, Infant, and Reproductive Health : NYC DOHMH

So now you're just bitching about the Mayor of New York enforcing a state law that he had no say in passing.

So what? He is wrong in doing so, the state is wrong in doing so. Its a needless law that wastes everyones time and takes away choice.

It doesn't take away choice. You're 100% incorrect. You can bring all the formula you like.

Not to mention that if the doctor doesn't failure to latch is a medically sufficient reason to warrant formula - you probably picked a really crappy doctor and have bigger problems.

Last edited:

Trust me, if you ask your wife she will tell you that there are many who will make you feel like you are "less". It's horrible. It's so wrong.

Look just to get in gear to really do the breast feeding I really worked nutrionally at this. My issue was strictly to try to pass on antibodies because the formulas they have today the similac and enfalac are better than most of what we can crank out. :D

I'd like to point out something else I did. Because this is where I personally think breast feeding maniacs miss a big deal.

I used to pump so my husband could be part of the process. To see and experience my husband holding and feeding our kids was beyond wonderous. Beyond amazing.

All I'm going to say on this issue is...get out of our lives Bloomberg Some women can some women cant but to now make it a "medical condition" if you can't breast feed is the worst blight, the most horrid thing you could ever say. It's wrong. And its not true.

Last edited:

Bloomberg wouldn't have stopped your wife from using formula. You're being a moron.

Literally? No but I would have had to get permission in order to.

No you wouldn't have. There is no law preventing you from feeding your baby formula, water, coca-cola - whatever you like.

Not to mention the entire program is VOLUNTARY. Hospitals do not have to participate if they don't want.

Sheesh.

Last edited:

Trust me, if you ask your wife she will tell you that there are many who will make you feel like you are "less". It's horrible.

Look just to get in gear to really do the breast feeding I really worked nutrionally at this. My issue was strictly to try to pass on antibodies because the formulas they have today the similac and enfalac are better than most of what we can crank out. :D

I'd like to point out something else I did. Because this is where I personally think breast feeding maniacs miss a big deal.

I used to pump so my husband could be part of the process. To see and experience my husband holding and feeding our kids was beyond wonderous. Beyond amazing.

All I'm going to say on this issue is...get out of our lives Bloomberg

You're a New Yorker?

It doesn't take away choice. You're 100% incorrect. You can bring all the formula you like.

Not to mention that if the doctor doesn't failure to latch is a medically sufficient reason to warrant formula - you probably picked a really crappy doctor and have bigger problems.

Sure it does. Unless a doctor ok's or puts it on the chart we can't use it while there.
This is a stupid issue with stupid people who are bored.

The point was we didn't need a doctor to decide if we should use formula. I don't need a medical reason nor should the state deem I must have one.

Stay out of my vagina!! But my tits, well that's ok??
Read much?

Under the city Health Department’s voluntary Latch On NYC initiative, 27 of the city’s 40 hospitals have also agreed to give up swag bags sporting formula-company logos, toss out formula-branded tchotchkes like lanyards and mugs, and document a medical reason for every bottle that a newborn receives.

Read more: Mayor Bloomberg pushing NYC hospitals to hide baby formula so more new mothers will breast-feed - NYPOST.com

But it doesn't mater. You've already decided what your emotional response will be, no amount of factual reality will alter it.

Last edited:

Sure it does. Unless a doctor ok's or puts it on the chart we can't use it while there.

100% incorrect.

This is a stupid issue with stupid people who are bored.

The point was we didn't need a doctor to decide if we should use formula. I don't need a medical reason nor should the state deem I must have one.

And like I said, you're free to dispense all the formula you wish to your infant. This VOLUNTARY program only restricts what DOCTORS and HOSPITALS can and can't do, it doesn't restrict what YOU can and can't do.

BTW - how long have you lived in New York City?

Last edited:

No, just harassess the piss out of her every time she asked for one. Bloomberg is a moron and so are you.

No you wouldn't have. There is no law preventing you from feeding your baby formula, water, coca-cola - whatever you like.

Not to mention the entire program is VOLUNTARY. Hospitals do not have to participate if they don't want.

Sheesh.
just unless I want the hospital to provide it. Again I am going off your posts cupcake.

Making it voluntary is even worse. That means some retard thought this up, passed it and made it a law. What a waste of government resources.

Stay out of my vagina!! But my tits, well that's ok??
Read much?

Under the city Health Department’s voluntary Latch On NYC initiative, 27 of the city’s 40 hospitals have also agreed to give up swag bags sporting formula-company logos, toss out formula-branded tchotchkes like lanyards and mugs, and document a medical reason for every bottle that a newborn receives.

Read more: Mayor Bloomberg pushing NYC hospitals to hide baby formula so more new mothers will breast-feed - NYPOST.com

Do you know how much fun it is to get one of these baskets after you've been pushing and screaming for <fill in the blank> hours?

Holy toledo. You're lying there going "I just passed a bowling ball" and at least someone comes in and hands you free stuff.

:D

No, just harassess the piss out of her every time she asked for one. Bloomberg is a moron and so are you.

No one is harassing anyone. The entire program is VOLUNTARY

Forum List

Back