Bloomberg’s nannyism: It’s come to this

Okay, I'm going to go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt, one last time, and assume that you've just been misunderstanding my question. To clarify, I'm not interested in current state law or constitutional constraints. I'm interested in what you think they SHOULD be.

I think SHOULD BE for New York whatever the People of New York think SHOULD BE - I don't know how much clearer I could be than that. Its simply not my place to determine what is best for New Yorkers - its NEW YORKERS' place to do that. How you cannot understand the simple principle of SELF-GOVERNANCE is fucking beyond me.

I'm trying to get an understanding of what you believe are the proper limits on government power. I'm not trying to prove or disprove the legal standing of the policy in question. I'm looking for some kind of insight into the ideology of those who support it.

If you simply can't answer, that's fine. I'll take "I don't know" and give up. But I am curious.
?

Support it? I DIDN'T SAY I SUPPORTED THE LAW. I neither support it or not support it. In fact, I could give a fuck one way or another what laws New Yorkers pass - so long as they don't violate higher laws. I actually don't have to take an opinion on every single law passed everywhere in the country. Its perfectly rational for me to let New Yorkers worry about New Yorkers and I will worry about New Orleans.

Its amazing how stupid you are. He isn't asking about the ny law. He is asking your opinion on the overview of the role of government law and their powers.

And I think I've been quite explicit in my view on that - the role of local government is to carry out the will of the local people within the constraints of higher laws. I don't know how much more clear I could be.

New Yorkers didn't vote for this rule, just like they had nothing to say when Nanny Bloomberg banned large drinks.

Its called a representative democracy. Did you miss out on civics class?

Care to point to the rule that prohibits representative local democracies from regulating local business?

Great.. another OoohPoopyDiaper thread espousing the virtues of the Nanny State.

And for the record, fuck NYC.. I left there years back and unless I absolutely have to, I never go near the place.

New Yorkers didn't vote for this rule, just like they had nothing to say when Nanny Bloomberg banned large drinks.

Care to point to the rule that prohibits representative local democracies from regulating local business?

You know, I think N. Koreaa would be your utopia.

:lol:

I had no idea you hated representative democracy so much.

Hell yell they voted for hillary clinton they will vote for anything.:eusa_whistle:

:dance::dance::dance:

Representative democracy does not exist in NYC. Bloomberg has clearly abused his authority when it comes to the Health Dept. (And the Ground Zero mosque).

Smokers and soda drinkers and fat people are demonized into silence. New moms have no voice. It's only the court of public opinion that will have any impact to prevent this nonsense from spreading nationwide.

I love NY. I visit a couple times a year. If he bans happy hour (coming soon) I will have to spend my money elsewhere.

This may or may not be a "local issue". The Healthy Babies initiative is one of Mrs Obama's pet projects.

And as we have seen with this Chick fil a nonsense, mayors love to join the bandwagon. I'm sure Rahm is singing right now "If we can do it there, we can do it anywhere. It's up to you NY, NY"

The nanny state is going after moms.

Mayor Bloomberg is pushing hospitals to hide their baby formula behind locked doors so more new mothers will breast-feed.

Starting Sept. 3, the city will keep tabs on the number of bottles that participating hospitals stock and use — the most restrictive pro-breast-milk program in the nation.

Under the city Health Department’s voluntary Latch On NYC initiative, 27 of the city’s 40 hospitals have also agreed to give up swag bags sporting formula-company logos, toss out formula-branded tchotchkes like lanyards and mugs, and document a medical reason for every bottle that a newborn receives.

Read more: Mayor Bloomberg pushing NYC hospitals to hide baby formula so more new mothers will breast-feed - NYPOST.com

They need a "medical reason" to use a bottle? How about "none of your fucking business"? I would ask them to write that down on my chart.

How did this clown get re-elected?

He's a fuckin tard....I'd rather have Baldwin or Mark Green than this clown....

It's called Detroit, people leave and you're left with a piece of shit city that looks like something in a Mad Max film

Natural birth is a much safer option than an epidermal or drugs. What's to stop Bloomie from forcing new moms to be ripped open without pain relief?

Where are the women's groups? What happened to "my body, my choice"?

I think SHOULD BE for New York whatever the People of New York think SHOULD BE - I don't know how much clearer I could be than that. Its simply not my place to determine what is best for New Yorkers - its NEW YORKERS' place to do that. How you cannot understand the simple principle of SELF-GOVERNANCE is fucking beyond me.

?

Support it? I DIDN'T SAY I SUPPORTED THE LAW. I neither support it or not support it. In fact, I could give a fuck one way or another what laws New Yorkers pass - so long as they don't violate higher laws. I actually don't have to take an opinion on every single law passed everywhere in the country. Its perfectly rational for me to let New Yorkers worry about New Yorkers and I will worry about New Orleans.

Its amazing how stupid you are. He isn't asking about the ny law. He is asking your opinion on the overview of the role of government law and their powers.

And I think I've been quite explicit in my view on that - the role of local government is to carry out the will of the local people within the constraints of higher laws. I don't know how much more clear I could be.

apparently not.

You know, I think N. Koreaa would be your utopia.

:lol:

I had no idea you hated representative democracy so much.

People didnt vote for this stuff, clearly you are insane...admit defeat and that your thread was the ultimate partisan hackjob fail.......You dont see me defending signs of OBama compared to the shooter in Co......sometimes you have to put down the partisan weapons......and it's pretty bad when I of all people are lecturing you on being less partisan or less ideological.......

Natural birth is a much safer option than an epidermal or drugs. What's to stop Bloomie from forcing new moms to be ripped open without pain relief?

Where are the women's groups? What happened to "my body, my choice"?

No one is being forced to breast feed, moron.

Of course not, they are just being shamed by having to ask for formula which is locked up as if it were a drug.

Right. Shamed, bullied, forced... I guess in oopa's world, forced means with the threat of a gun. Nannies tend to think that way.

It kills me. Breastfeeding is touted as a CHOICE. But god help you if you want to make a choice not too. Government can't be in our bedrooms, or in the 'vagina' but they sure as hell can be in a woman's shirt it seems!

Forum List

Back