Bloomberg’s nannyism: It’s come to this

They need a "medical reason" to use a bottle? How about "none of your fucking business"? I would ask them to write that down on my chart.

How did this clown get re-elected?

Hey--I got a medical reason

It is "hunger"!!

Yes, the state of "hunger" is a medical condition. It is treated with "food".

A person can die from an extended periods of hunger.

Then food, all food, should be regulated as medicine because it is used to treat a medical condition.

This makes as much sense as water being a medicine because it is used to treat dehydration. Of course, once the UN got involved, water can no longer be used to treat dehydration. In fact, water can be completely withheld because it is not at all necessary for living things.

Brussels: Water cannot be sold as remedy for dehydration ? The Register

The law doesn't reclassify formula as medicine.

Where do you even get this shit?

The job of the NYC government is to do whatever it is the People of NYC decide it should do, within the constraints of the U.S. Constitution, the New York Constitution, and federal and state law.

Well, thank you for answering clearly. This is definitely where we disagree. Government is created to protect our rights, not impose our will on others.

No one is imposing anyone's will on others with this law. I thought you said you knew what the word VOLUNTARY meant. I guess you don't.

I reject your conception of the purpose of government.

So you don't think the People of New York have a right to self govern - you should get to decide which laws they have and can't have. That's your conception of government and its fucked.
If you could make the font even bigger it would be better, as it would show how large your misunderstanding of the situation is. Everything government does is grounded on coercion. It's the trait the distinguishes government from all other institutions. The involuntary portion is not mothers being forced into breast feeding. It's taxpayers being forced to pay for government that presumes to decide how we should feed babies and then promoting that decision via state programs.

Again, our principal disagreement is that I don't believe government exists to tell us how to live. You've avoided answering whether you think that is a valid purpose of government, instead falling back on general notions of democracy. But the extent of democratic power is the very issue - should the democratic power of the majority be applied to our personal decisions? You seem to be supporting the idea that it should.

Well, thank you for answering clearly. This is definitely where we disagree. Government is created to protect our rights, not impose our will on others.

No one is imposing anyone's will on others with this law. I thought you said you knew what the word VOLUNTARY meant. I guess you don't.

I reject your conception of the purpose of government.

So you don't think the People of New York have a right to self govern - you should get to decide which laws they have and can't have. That's your conception of government and its fucked.
If you could make the font even bigger it would be better, as it would show how large your misunderstanding of the situation is. Everything government does is grounded on coercion. It's the trait the distinguishes government from all other institutions. The involuntary portion is not mothers being forced into breast feeding. It's taxpayers being forced to pay for government that presumes to decide how we should feed babies and then promoting that decision via state programs.

New York City doesn't tax New Yorkers without their consent as expressed through their duly elected representative government.
Again, our principal disagreement is that I don't believe government exists to tell us how to live.

The principle disagreement is that you don't think New Yorkers have a right to regulate hospitals - even by voluntary regulation - through their own self government.

You've avoided answering whether you think that is a valid purpose of government, instead falling back on general notions of democracy. But the extent of democratic power is the very issue - should the democratic power of the majority be applied to our personal decisions? You seem to be supporting the idea that it should.
Its not my right to answer for New Yorkers what their government should do. Its a "valid purpose" if they decide it is - it isn't if they don't. Perhaps you've never even heard of local government?

Our principle difference is that YOU think you know what government is best for New Yorkers - I think NEW YORKERS know what government is best for them.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Ever heard of that? Does the Constitution prohibit New Yorkers from regulating their hospitals? It doesn't, does it? So its their right to do that if they choose, you and I have no say in the matter.

Last edited:
Hey--I got a medical reason

It is "hunger"!!

Yes, the state of "hunger" is a medical condition. It is treated with "food".

A person can die from an extended periods of hunger.

Then food, all food, should be regulated as medicine because it is used to treat a medical condition.

This makes as much sense as water being a medicine because it is used to treat dehydration. Of course, once the UN got involved, water can no longer be used to treat dehydration. In fact, water can be completely withheld because it is not at all necessary for living things.

Brussels: Water cannot be sold as remedy for dehydration ? The Register

The law doesn't reclassify formula as medicine.

Because someone said that hunger was a medical reason to eat food. IF, in fact, formula is not a medicine, then why does it require a prescription to give formula to the babies. Can a mother still give a baby a bottle if she has someone bring in the formula?

then food, all food, should be regulated as medicine because it is used to treat a medical condition.

This makes as much sense as water being a medicine because it is used to treat dehydration. Of course, once the un got involved, water can no longer be used to treat dehydration. In fact, water can be completely withheld because it is not at all necessary for living things.

brussels: Water cannot be sold as remedy for dehydration ? The register

the law doesn't reclassify formula as medicine.

because someone said that hunger was a medical reason to eat food. If, in fact, formula is not a medicine, then why does it require a prescription to give formula to the babies.

no prescription is required you idiot

can a mother still give a baby a bottle if she has someone bring in the formula?

yes

the law doesn't reclassify formula as medicine.

because someone said that hunger was a medical reason to eat food. If, in fact, formula is not a medicine, then why does it require a prescription to give formula to the babies.

can a mother still give a baby a bottle if she has someone bring in the formula?

yes

You must have missed the part that said that a hospital can still give formula IF IT IS MEDICALLY NECESSARY. This means the determination is made by the doctor who then will prescribe formula because it is now kept under lock and key like any other heavily regulated substances.

Your reading comprehension is suffering.

I just head an interview with an NYC doctor who explained how it works. Intensive counseling and home visits will start early in pregnancy to persuade women to breastfeed. If a woman still wants to give her baby a bottle, the OB/GYN will prescribe it, but the LAW states that prior to each feeding, the mother has to be subjected to additional counseling.

New York City doesn't tax New Yorkers without their consent as expressed through their duly elected representative government.

Equivocation. Taxation is not 'voluntary'. Should I increase that font for you?

The principle disagreement is that you don't think New Yorkers have a right to regulate hospitals - even by voluntary regulation - through their own self government.

You've avoided answering whether you think that is a valid purpose of government, instead falling back on general notions of democracy. But the extent of democratic power is the very issue - should the democratic power of the majority be applied to our personal decisions? You seem to be supporting the idea that it should.
Its not my right to answer for New Yorkers what their government should do. Its a "valid purpose" if they decide it is - it isn't if they don't. Perhaps you've never even heard of local government?

No one is asking you to decide for New Yorkers. We're all expressing our opinions here, and I'm asking for yours. I'm asking about your own ideals concerning the scope and purpose of government. Do you have any?

If it were me, I would deck the counselor.

The only reason why bottles and formula have not been completely banned is because many women already suffer from post partum depression that could be made worse by forced breastfeeding.

yes

You must have missed the part that said that a hospital can still give formula IF IT IS MEDICALLY NECESSARY. This means the determination is made by the doctor who then will prescribe formula because it is now kept under lock and key like any other heavily regulated substances.

Your reading comprehension is suffering.

That's not what it means.

I just head an interview with an NYC doctor who explained how it works. Intensive counseling and home visits will start early in pregnancy to persuade women to breastfeed. If a woman still wants to give her baby a bottle, the OB/GYN will prescribe it, but the LAW states that prior to each feeding, the mother has to be subjected to additional counseling.
Is that true, or did you hear it on FOX News? Does FOX usually use medical doctors as legal experts?

The People consent to it through their government. That was kinda the whole point of the Revolution - that we not be taxed without our consent through a representative body. Did the Revolution fail?

No one is asking you to decide for New Yorkers. We're all expressing our opinions here, and I'm asking for yours.

You've already decided what laws New Yorkers should and shouldn't have.

I'm asking about your own ideals concerning the scope and purpose of government. Do you have any?

I believe I've made it abundantly clear the purpose of local government is whatever the fuck the locally governed decide it is, so long as it is within the bounds of overriding federal and state laws. What about that do you not understand?

You would choose a hospital which is in this program and then commit a crime against an employee at that hospital because you don't like the program. Kinda childish.

The only reason why bottles and formula have not been completely banned is because many women already suffer from post partum depression that could be made worse by forced breastfeeding.
No, that's not the only reason. Another reason is that the People haven't decided they should be banned. Probably because it would be stupid.

Hey guys, just FYI, the Mayor of New York City isn't the same as the Governor of New York state.
Enforce the New York State hospital regulation to not supplement breastfeeding infants with formula unless medically indicated and documented on the infant’s medical chart

Info. for Health Care Providers : Bureau of Maternal, Infant, and Reproductive Health : NYC DOHMH

So now you're just bitching about the Mayor of New York enforcing a state law that he had no say in passing.

This is not good.

That 'water banned for dehydration" is also BS. Hey, some people are ignorant, say about the many health benifits of breastfeeding- mainly redneck/ignorami Pub dupes. Now they know. Voluntary, end of story.

The People consent to it through their government. That was kinda the whole point of the Revolution - that we not be taxed without our consent through a representative body. Did the Revolution fail?

Again, democratic consent isn't the issue. Taxes aren't voluntary, even if we give government our consent to levy them. If you really believe otherwise, try not paying your taxes and tell me how that works out.

I'm asking about your own ideals concerning the scope and purpose of government. Do you have any?

I believe I've made it abundantly clear , so long as it is within the bounds of overriding federal and state laws. What about that do you not understand?

What I don't understand is what your conception of federal and state limitations on government are. Our leaders have made careers of obfuscating and evading those limitations with the same king of vague sophistry you're leaning on here. So, falling back on the "bounds of overriding federal and state laws" is a copout. I'm asking you what you think those bounds should be. Because very often you argue as though they should be virtually nothing at all - and that leaves us with your naked statement that: "the purpose of local government is whatever the fuck the locally governed decide it is" - which is mob rule and dangerous in the extreme.

So now Bloomberg fancies himself a medical expert too, hmm? Typical statist, elitist thinking.Tell me, is there ANY facet of human life you DON'T think government should stick its unwanted nose into? Damn, people, go somewhere else where you can regulate yourselves to death; the rest of us would rather die of natural causes.

So now Bloomberg fancies himself a medical expert too, hmm? Typical statist, elitist thinking.Tell me, is there ANY facet of human life you DON'T think government should stick its unwanted nose into? Damn, people, go somewhere else where you can regulate yourselves to death; the rest of us would rather die of natural causes.

Preview of Obamacare? Look at all these libs supporting this. "It's for the children!"

I feel badly for this next generation. They will be the ones telling their children about how Americans once lived free.

Forum List

Back