Bloomberg’s nannyism: It’s come to this

The nanny state is going after moms.

Mayor Bloomberg is pushing hospitals to hide their baby formula behind locked doors so more new mothers will breast-feed.

Starting Sept. 3, the city will keep tabs on the number of bottles that participating hospitals stock and use — the most restrictive pro-breast-milk program in the nation.

Under the city Health Department’s voluntary Latch On NYC initiative, 27 of the city’s 40 hospitals have also agreed to give up swag bags sporting formula-company logos, toss out formula-branded tchotchkes like lanyards and mugs, and document a medical reason for every bottle that a newborn receives.

Read more: Mayor Bloomberg pushing NYC hospitals to hide baby formula so more new mothers will breast-feed - NYPOST.com

They need a "medical reason" to use a bottle? How about "none of your fucking business"? I would ask them to write that down on my chart.

How did this clown get re-elected?

More reason not to live in new york city.

So now we're forcing patients to choose whether or not they'll subject themselves to harassment. Good job libtards. Good job.

No one is harassing anyone. Patients are free to choose whatever hospital they like and can pay for.

Under Latch On NYC, new mothers who want formula won’t be denied it, but hospitals will keep infant formula in out-of-the-way secure storerooms or in locked boxes like those used to dispense and track medications.

With each bottle a mother requests and receives, she’ll also get a talking-to. Staffers will explain why she should offer the breast instead

Read more: Mayor Bloomberg pushing NYC hospitals to hide baby formula so more new mothers will breast-feed - NYPOST.com

Now you want them to choose between "getting a talking to" and why "she should breast feed" with EACH and EVERY bottle. It's harrassment all day long and no matter how many times you say it isn't it still IS.

Is anyone else seeing the parallels between this and the laws that have women jumping through hoops (viewing sonograms, getting counseling, etc...) before they get abortions?

Patients can choose which hospital they go to moron.

So now we're forcing patients to choose whether or not they'll subject themselves to harassment. Good job libtards. Good job.

No one is harassing anyone. Patients are free to choose whatever hospital they like and can pay for.
:lol:

You've never been in labor. You don't choose your hospital at the best of times. Whoa geeze it starts normally with a flood sadly in a food court and you are waddling and screaming to the closest hospital. Hahahaha. Puuuuuuuuuuuuuush... Puuuuuuuuuuuuuushs breathe in breath out Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuush.

Local government should be limited by federal and state laws (including Constitutions) and by the Will of the local People as expressed through that government. That's not "dodge em" - its actually a very direct answer to your question.

That's my view. I'm sorry it isn't your view.

I don't know whether it's my view or not,
Not my fault you don't know what your own views are.

because I'm not sure how you interpret federal and state laws (if you haven't noticed, there's quite a lot of disagreement on that issue). That's why I'm asking you to actually tell me what you think, rather than delegating to an abstract authority. I mean, it's fine to say you believe in limited government, but without stipulating what those limits should be it's sort of meaningless, don't you think?

The limits are stipulated by the U.S. Constitution, state constitution, and federal and state law. None of those prohibit NYC from regulating NYC businesses. If you disagree kindly point out where it is prohibited.

:lol:

You've never been in labor. You don't choose your hospital at the best of times. Whoa geeze it starts normally with a flood sadly in a food court and you are waddling and screaming to the closest hospital. Hahahaha. Puuuuuuuuuuuuuush... Puuuuuuuuuuuuuushs breathe in breath out Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuush.

If you haven't chosen your hospital by the time you're in labor you've got some major personal responsibility issues. If you go out of town and haven't chosen a contigency hospital - again - poor planning on your part. But I suppose every hospital in the land should cater to your particular desires and needs just in case you wind up there. Kinda greedy of you, don't you think?

Under Latch On NYC, new mothers who want formula won’t be denied it, but hospitals will keep infant formula in out-of-the-way secure storerooms or in locked boxes like those used to dispense and track medications.

With each bottle a mother requests and receives, she’ll also get a talking-to. Staffers will explain why she should offer the breast instead

Now you want them to choose between "getting a talking to" and why "she should breast feed" with EACH and EVERY bottle. It's harrassment all day long and no matter how many times you say it isn't it still IS.

Is anyone else seeing the parallels between this and the laws that have women jumping through hoops (viewing sonograms, getting counseling, etc...) before they get abortions?

Those aren't voluntary, they're required. Medical providers have no choice as to whether or not to participate in them.

Local government should be limited by federal and state laws (including Constitutions) and by the Will of the local People as expressed through that government. That's not "dodge em" - its actually a very direct answer to your question.

That's my view. I'm sorry it isn't your view.

Ok. So now you're just going for the Pee Wee Herman gambit. Whatever. It's your views we're chasing around here. And, if you're not going to be forthright about it - I'll wager a guess as to why you don't want to express them. Is it because you really do favor a government that has the power to make all our personal decisions for us? That gives the majority the right to dictate to the minority the most personal decisions in our lives?

Is NYC prohibited from regulating its businesses because you say so - or is there actually a Constitutional basis for your absurd argument?

I'm not even making an 'argument', and I'm not referencing the Constitution. You are. I'm trying to get a handle on what that means to you. And you're being most evasive about it.

Its not harassment to allow women to choose the hospital of their choice. That's actually the opposite of harassment.

Ok. So now you're just going for the Pee Wee Herman gambit. Whatever. It's your views we're chasing around here. And, if you're not going to be forthright about it - I'll wager a guess as to why you don't want to express them. Is it because you really do favor a government that has the power to make all our personal decisions for us? That gives the majority the right to dictate to the minority the most personal decisions in our lives?

The New York City government doesn't make any decision whatsoever for me.

Is NYC prohibited from regulating its businesses because you say so - or is there actually a Constitutional basis for your absurd argument?

I'm not even making an 'argument'
Well no shit - you've just stated without any legal justification that New York City isn't allowed to pass this law - because you say so. Not much of an argument.

, and I'm not referencing the Constitution.
Perhaps you should.

You are. I'm trying to get a handle on what that means to you. And you're being most evasive about it.

I've been very explicit. The purpose of local government is whatever the local people decide it should be within the bounds of higher laws. Do you disagree?

The nanny state is going after moms.

Mayor Bloomberg is pushing hospitals to hide their baby formula behind locked doors so more new mothers will breast-feed.

Starting Sept. 3, the city will keep tabs on the number of bottles that participating hospitals stock and use — the most restrictive pro-breast-milk program in the nation.

Under the city Health Department’s voluntary Latch On NYC initiative, 27 of the city’s 40 hospitals have also agreed to give up swag bags sporting formula-company logos, toss out formula-branded tchotchkes like lanyards and mugs, and document a medical reason for every bottle that a newborn receives.

They need a "medical reason" to use a bottle? How about "none of your fucking business"? I would ask them to write that down on my chart.

How did this clown get re-elected?

More reason not to live in new york city.

Congratulations on making the only reasonable right wing argument in this thread.

Its a LOCAL law. You don't live there? Not your problem. You do live there? Use your democratic voice to change it - or move away - or here's a concept - use one of the hospitals that have chosen not to participate in this VOLUNTARY program

... you've just stated without any legal justification that New York City isn't allowed to pass this law - because you say so.

Nope. I haven't. They probably are. And I'm not referencing the Constitution because, with the sitting Court, it provides us very little protection from overreaching government.

I've been very explicit. The purpose of local government is whatever the local people decide it should be within the bounds of higher laws. Do you disagree?

It depends on what the "bounds of higher laws" means to you. As long as refuse to say, I can't agree or disagree, no matter how big or awesome your font is.

... you've just stated without any legal justification that New York City isn't allowed to pass this law - because you say so.

Nope. I haven't. They probably are. And I'm not referencing the Constitution because, with the sitting Court, it provides us very little protection from overreaching government.

It depends on what the "bounds of higher laws" means to you. As long as refuse to say, I can't agree or disagree, no matter how big or awesome your font is.

It means that if there are higher laws that prohibit it - its prohibited. Do you not know what words mean? I can find no law which prohibits this action by NYC - neither can you - neither can ANYONE in fact, at least no one that's bothered to mention it - so it would appear - to NOT be prohibited. If that changes - I'm all ears! Until then, it would appear that regulating hospitals is a right that, under the 10th amendment, state and local governments have.

New Yorkers know what's best for New Yorkers. You obviously disagree.

Last edited:

It means that if there are higher laws that prohibit it - its prohibited. Do you not know what words mean? I can find no law which prohibits this action by NYC - neither can you - neither can ANYONE in fact, at least no one that's bothered to mention it - so it would appear - to NOT be prohibited. If that changes - I'm all ears! Until then, it would appear that regulating hospitals is a right that, under the 10th amendment, state and local governments have.

Okay, I'm going to go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt, one last time, and assume that you've just been misunderstanding my question. To clarify, I'm not interested in current state law or constitutional constraints. I'm interested in what you think they SHOULD be. I'm trying to get an understanding of what you believe are the proper limits on government power. I'm not trying to prove or disprove the legal standing of the policy in question. I'm looking for some kind of insight into the ideology of those who support it.

If you simply can't answer, that's fine. I'll take "I don't know" and give up. But I am curious.

Okay, I'm going to go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt, one last time, and assume that you've just been misunderstanding my question. To clarify, I'm not interested in current state law or constitutional constraints. I'm interested in what you think they SHOULD be.

I think SHOULD BE for New York whatever the People of New York think SHOULD BE - I don't know how much clearer I could be than that. Its simply not my place to determine what is best for New Yorkers - its NEW YORKERS' place to do that. How you cannot understand the simple principle of SELF-GOVERNANCE is fucking beyond me.

I'm trying to get an understanding of what you believe are the proper limits on government power. I'm not trying to prove or disprove the legal standing of the policy in question. I'm looking for some kind of insight into the ideology of those who support it.

If you simply can't answer, that's fine. I'll take "I don't know" and give up. But I am curious.

Support it? I DIDN'T SAY I SUPPORTED THE LAW. I neither support it or not support it. In fact, I could give a fuck one way or another what laws New Yorkers pass - so long as they don't violate higher laws. I actually don't have to take an opinion on every single law passed everywhere in the country. Its perfectly rational for me to let New Yorkers worry about New Yorkers and I will worry about New Orleans.

I suppose hospitals should just provide you with whatever the fuck you like then.

OK. So now your prefer forcible regulation to voluntary regulation. That would appear to be a 180 in your viewpoint. Its beginning to look like you don't actually care what the law does - you just know you're supposed to hate it.

How long have you lived in New York?

Yeah when it comes to formula and such yes. Don't be stupid.

Forcible? What are you smoking. I prefer there be nothing. No regulation at all you dipshit.
way to get that wrong, stop assuming things. You are only going to hurt yourself.

"Making it voluntary is even worse." - YOU said that, right? Even worse than WHAT?

Living in new york is a irreverent question. This is a message board where we state our opinions.

Its quite relevant considering laws in New York City don't affect you, yet you've been feigning that this is somehow an assault on your rights.
No making this law period is worse.christ you need to learn how to read. Its evident from this and what dblack is asking that you can't.

The laws in vermont don't either, but I find the notion that they are trying single payer neat.
I find the north carolina law banning same sex marriage to be bigoted,it doesn't affect me so fuck it right?

Look it is irrelevant, its a tangent that really deflects from the main topic.I guess you think you are being clever or something...

Okay, I'm going to go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt, one last time, and assume that you've just been misunderstanding my question. To clarify, I'm not interested in current state law or constitutional constraints. I'm interested in what you think they SHOULD be.

I think SHOULD BE for New York whatever the People of New York think SHOULD BE - I don't know how much clearer I could be than that. Its simply not my place to determine what is best for New Yorkers - its NEW YORKERS' place to do that. How you cannot understand the simple principle of SELF-GOVERNANCE is fucking beyond me.

I'm trying to get an understanding of what you believe are the proper limits on government power. I'm not trying to prove or disprove the legal standing of the policy in question. I'm looking for some kind of insight into the ideology of those who support it.

?

Support it? I DIDN'T SAY I SUPPORTED THE LAW. I neither support it or not support it. In fact, I could give a fuck one way or another what laws New Yorkers pass - so long as they don't violate higher laws. I actually don't have to take an opinion on every single law passed everywhere in the country. Its perfectly rational for me to let New Yorkers worry about New Yorkers and I will worry about New Orleans.

Its amazing how stupid you are. He isn't asking about the ny law. He is asking your opinion on the overview of the role of government law and their powers.

New Yorkers didn't vote for this rule, just like they had nothing to say when Nanny Bloomberg banned large drinks.

Yeah when it comes to formula and such yes. Don't be stupid.

Forcible? What are you smoking. I prefer there be nothing. No regulation at all you dipshit.
way to get that wrong, stop assuming things. You are only going to hurt yourself.

"Making it voluntary is even worse." - YOU said that, right? Even worse than WHAT?

Living in new york is a irreverent question. This is a message board where we state our opinions.

Its quite relevant considering laws in New York City don't affect you, yet you've been feigning that this is somehow an assault on your rights.
No making this law period is worse.christ you need to learn how to read.

You need to learn how to write.

Forum List

Back