Blacks Against Obama’ Interrupt Campaign Rally

not to toss cold water on your idea, but it's not one I'd go for. amnios aren't done til between 10 and 12 weeks, then you have to get the results and make a decision based on them.
as with what silence said....but exceptions for child deformities should be included in the medical exceptions after 12 weeks.

First, the gay marriage thing......

All the state would have to do is to have 2 boxes on the marriage license. One for "civil union" which could be anything from a JP to whatever, and the other one marked "marriage". If it is signed by a non-ordained, authorized person, it's a civil union. If it's signed by a preacher (of any faith), it's a marriage. That way, not only would the gays get the same legal rights as the rest of us, but they would also be able to hook up with a church to get married (if it's gay friendly). BTW, you people really ought to look into all the different kinds of marriage ceremonies all over the word. Some of what actual churches and religions do, would be considered aberrant to most of the people here in the US. It seems like most of us here in the US are pretty close minded about people from other cultures. One of the best things I ever did for myself was learn how to avoid the "ugly American" syndrome while I was traveling all over the Med, Atlantic and Persian Gulf.

As far as abortion........

Well, yes, there is a rule that God put down to us saying "thou shalt not kill". Basically that means live and let live. However....if you were to actually look into some of the things contained in the Torah, you would see that according to the Hebrews, it takes 40 days for God to put a soul into an embryo, which means that it's technically not a person (no soul) until AFTER 40 days. Now, having a month and a week to decide what you want to do, isn't really putting much pressure on anyone. Trouble is, most of these right-wing fundamentalist Christians have taken things way too far, saying that life begins at conception. It doesn't.

As far as needing to do it because of rape or incest? Well, since most of the victims of incest are usually outside of 40 days when things are found out, yes, because birth defects aren't easy to work with, and most of them happen from inbreeding. As far as rape? Standard issue with all rape kits should be a morning after pill. If the life of the mother is in jeopardy and the kid won't live? Abort. If the mother will die, but the kid will live? Depends on what the family and father want.

If people would quite looking at these issues from only one side and just open their minds a bit, most of these things could be solved quite nicely. Only trouble is, because of our current idiot admin, we have polarized ourselves into the mess that we're in.

Forum List

Back