Black Women: 50% of City's Female Arrests, Only 6% of the Female Population

Brian_1349

Mar 22, 2015
According to a new report from the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice African-American women in San Francisco account for 50% of the female arrests, but only make up 6% of the female population. The study points out that arrest disparities are not the result of African-Americans committing more crimes. In fact, 2012 San Francisco arrest rates for black women were lower than any time over the last 30 years. You can read the full report here.

Black Women in San Francisco Are Nearly 50 of City s Female Arrests and Only 6 of the Female Population Alternet

This thread is dedicated to arrest disproportions among black and non-black female residents of San Francisco. Everybody knows it is dangerous to be a black man when it comes to police-suspect negotiations. Turns out, black women can be a target of police's prejudice, as well.
Some of you will say Afro-Americans are more inclined to crime and therefore get what they deserve from police officers all around the country. I believe it was the case in Baltimore and Ferguson. However, it is clearly stated in the article that "arrest disparities are not the result of African-Americans committing more crimes". What is the reason for that if not stereotypical depiction of African-Americans?

If you are told from birth that your country hates you and treats you unjustly...that the Man is out to get you and racism toward you is self evident. If you experience crime, drugs, gangs, poverty, immorality, illiteracy, and aggression every day...well it is likely you will have difficulty staying on the right side of the law.

Sadly, I believe that message is given far too often.
If you are told from birth that your country hates you and treats you unjustly...that the Man is out to get you and racism toward you is self evident. If you experience crime, drugs, gangs, poverty, immorality, illiteracy, and aggression every day...well it is likely you will have difficulty staying on the right side of the law.

In moonbat city San Fransicko? I can't believe the entire dept hasn't been castrated.

Litterally I mean. I would have figured being gelded or at least a pre-operation tranny was a prerequisit to employment.

I'm suprised they apparently have been figuratively as well.

This guy totally ignored the "did not commit more crimes" part and went with a white version of what growing up black is like.

He'd be better off telling you the attitudes of todays generation of chipmunks than this camp fire story

The comparison of 50% arrests vs 6% of population is totally irrelevant without the unreported percentage of crimes committed by that 6%. If that group happened to commit 75% of crimes committed by females, the arrest ratio would seem low. I'm not saying they do, only that the figures quoted are only part of the equation. It's like saying the moon is only half as big, but is twice as far away.

According to a new report from the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice African-American women in San Francisco account for 50% of the female arrests, but only make up 6% of the female population. The study points out that arrest disparities are not the result of African-Americans committing more crimes. In fact, 2012 San Francisco arrest rates for black women were lower than any time over the last 30 years. You can read the full report here.

Black Women in San Francisco Are Nearly 50 of City s Female Arrests and Only 6 of the Female Population Alternet

This thread is dedicated to arrest disproportions among black and non-black female residents of San Francisco. Everybody knows it is dangerous to be a black man when it comes to police-suspect negotiations. Turns out, black women can be a target of police's prejudice, as well.
Some of you will say Afro-Americans are more inclined to crime and therefore get what they deserve from police officers all around the country. I believe it was the case in Baltimore and Ferguson. However, it is clearly stated in the article that "arrest disparities are not the result of African-Americans committing more crimes". What is the reason for that if not stereotypical depiction of African-Americans?
If you go to the graph of crimes committed you will see that 77% of the arrests were weapon charges and a big proportion is prostitution. Those are crimes.

http://www.cjcj.org/uploads/cjcj/documents/disproportionate_arrests_in_san_francisco.pdf

If you go to the graph of crimes committed you will see that 77% of the arrests were weapon charges and a big proportion is prostitution. Those are crimes.

http://www.cjcj.org/uploads/cjcj/documents/disproportionate_arrests_in_san_francisco.pdf

I wish I could post those graphs and ask how does 6% of the population just in San Fran makes up 4 times more run ins with the police than other areas of California.

Maybe because San Fran is worst than....every other part of California? Noo, thats silly.

Nobody has difficulty staying on the right side of the law. You either choose to commit a crime, or you choose to not commit a crime. It's a decision, each and every time. It's as simple as that.

Bad environments fail to instill values into young people. That lack of values often leads to ill advised decision making. While it's understandable for this to happen and for people to make such mistakes, especially when they are young and still quite impressionable, the fact remains that every single person must face a moment of truth in their life where they have the opportunity to either make well reasoned adult decisions to avoid legal problems, or non caring adult decisions to commit crimes.

It's your decision. It's always your decision. And nobody makes it for you.

I think you are missing the focus of this op.

1. Arrest disparities are not the result of African-American women committing more crimes in San Francisco.

That being the case, what is causing the arrest disparity between black women and non black women in "Frisco?"

white woman with a knife wont get arrested because first she has to be pulled over or suspected of something for the police to even engage.

black woman with the same knife will be arrested more often for the simple fact they are pulled over or suspected of something first.

It really very simple. You cant have high arrests for people who you do not engage. If the roles were reversed where cops only stopped whites more often than blacks. Just stopped them...you'd see a correlation with the increased rates of whites in jail.

Reminds me of the old saying "You miss 100% of the shots you dont take"

I think you are missing the focus of this op.

1. Arrest disparities are not the result of African-American women committing more crimes in San Francisco.

That being the case, what is causing the arrest disparity between black women and non black women in "Frisco?"

They are committing a disproportionate amount of the crimes. The data seems overwhelming, maybe you could call bias up to a point but those are some huge numbers.

Unfortunately the black community has been told for decades that nothing is their fault... it's all the fault of the white bogey man. When you can't address your problems honestly, they'll never get addressed.

Sad.

white woman with a knife wont get arrested because first she has to be pulled over or suspected of something for the police to even engage.

You're going out of your way to make a case for racial prejudice, and missing a very important fact. Look at the top three reasons for arrest: weapons, narcotics, prostitution. Think there might be a connection there?

Also take a look at the repetitious categories. There are separate categories for narcotics, drugs, and marijuana. There are also categories for robbery, and property crime. There are separate categories for assault, and for "violent" felonies. This is all a bit redundant, no? Clearly there is some double dipping here.

I'm wondering if you have any statistics that prove that Black women don't make up 50% of the female criminals in San Francisco. Why does it matter what the percentage of the general population is? It's what is the percentage of people who commit crimes that matter. And the report's conclusion that it's not due to them committing more crimes is a betrayal of the author's prejudice, as no real proof was offered to support that contention.

Last edited:

You're going out of your way to make a case for racial prejudice, and missing a very important fact. Look at the top three reasons for arrest: weapons, narcotics, prostitution. Think there might be a connection there?

Also take a look at the repetitious categories. There are separate categories for narcotics, drugs, and marijuana. There are also categories for robbery, and property crime. There are separate categories for assault, and for "violent" felonies. This is all a bit redundant, no? Clearly there is some double dipping here.

I dont get your point. But I'm pretty clear. Michael Jordan has missed more shots than he ever made. But he has a high number of clutch shots because he was given the ball more than others. So its sorta like saying that Pippen was shitty because he didnt hit as many game winning shots.

Except, he wasnt given the opportunity to make them.

Police dont go after whites liek they do blacks, thats pretty clear and even those that disagree with me know that but they have justifications for it. Put the justifications aside. How can one population have the same arrest records as others if they arent even being engaged by the police?

They cant.

Look, change it up. Tell cops to focus on Native Americans. At the end of the year you'd have more Native Americans in jail. Why? would the Native Americans be doing something different or the police?

Forum List

Back