Black Army Sgt Attacked By White Racist Gets Charged With Felony

Considering we only have part of the story, no one can say with certainty racism did or didn’t play a part in the charge. Anyone immediately assuming (of course the left does) anything until this plays out in court is looking for nothing more than a political talking point.
Black Army Sergeant Hit With Felony Assault Charges After Defending Herself Against Racist Road Rage Attacker

So recently, Army Sgt, Kai Waters was charged with a felony resulting from a road rage attack that she was the victim of. Since this incident, she has been suspended by the Army and has been forced to depend on Go Fund me campaigns to be able to support herself.

Basically, Waters said she was driving home when she noticed a woman driving aggressively behind her. She said it was clear the woman wanted her and another driver to move out of the fast lane.

“She started honking her horn and pulled next to me,” Waters recalled. That’s when she said the woman rolled down her window and began hurling racial slurs at her. “She called me a black b—h, and said ‘your kind,’ said Waters. “She said, ‘I’m so tired of your people’ and all this.” The woman then bumped Sgt. Waters' car, forcing her to pull over at a busy gas station. Waters was still in her car with the door open and had already dialed 911 when the woman began attacking her, Waters in fear for her safety, stabbed the woman in the leg with a knife. When police arrived, they arrested Waters without even bothering to ask what happened. Waters felt she was automatically assumed as being the attacker because of her race -- she also has filed a complaint against the woman, but the police never acted on her complaint and the other woman was never charged for her involvement -- did I mention there was a surveillance camera that backed up Sgt Waters' claim? However, Waters was still charged with a felony, suspended by the Army and she feels it was racism that played a huge part in this whole situation.

Now the interesting twist to the story is --- Sgt Waters is a Candace Owens loving, Trump supporting, black conservative. In fact, she has posted numerous times on her social media page about how there is no such thing as racism, how Black Lives Matter are worse than the KKK and how they (Black Lives Matter, not the KKK) need to be taken out -- So I find it funny that she would claim that racism now suddenly exists in this situation. Either way, did she or did she not have a right to defend herself? I have seen people justify killing someone in self defense for far less.
What? You dont want to just take the word of a knife stabber? :laugh:

Black Army Sergeant Hit With Felony Assault Charges After Defending Herself Against Racist Road Rage Attacker

So recently, Army Sgt, Kai Waters was charged with a felony resulting from a road rage attack that she was the victim of. Since this incident, she has been suspended by the Army and has been forced to depend on Go Fund me campaigns to be able to support herself.

Basically, Waters said she was driving home when she noticed a woman driving aggressively behind her. She said it was clear the woman wanted her and another driver to move out of the fast lane.

“She started honking her horn and pulled next to me,” Waters recalled. That’s when she said the woman rolled down her window and began hurling racial slurs at her. “She called me a black b—h, and said ‘your kind,’ said Waters. “She said, ‘I’m so tired of your people’ and all this.” The woman then bumped Sgt. Waters' car, forcing her to pull over at a busy gas station. Waters was still in her car with the door open and had already dialed 911 when the woman began attacking her, Waters in fear for her safety, stabbed the woman in the leg with a knife. When police arrived, they arrested Waters without even bothering to ask what happened. Waters felt she was automatically assumed as being the attacker because of her race -- she also has filed a complaint against the woman, but the police never acted on her complaint and the other woman was never charged for her involvement -- did I mention there was a surveillance camera that backed up Sgt Waters' claim? However, Waters was still charged with a felony, suspended by the Army and she feels it was racism that played a huge part in this whole situation.

Now the interesting twist to the story is --- Sgt Waters is a Candace Owens loving, Trump supporting, black conservative. In fact, she has posted numerous times on her social media page about how there is no such thing as racism, how Black Lives Matter are worse than the KKK and how they (Black Lives Matter, not the KKK) need to be taken out -- So I find it funny that she would claim that racism now suddenly exists in this situation. Either way, did she or did she not have a right to defend herself? I have seen people justify killing someone in self defense for far less.

The military these days due to obama polices has become extremely politically correct....thus her record of being a Trump supporter most likely has caused her so much grief.

Obama's Military Coup Purges 197 Officers In Five Years | Investor's Business Daily

You say: “Now the interesting twist to the story is --- Sgt Waters is a Candace Owens loving, Trump supporting, black conservative. In fact, she has posted numerous times on her social media page about how there is no such thing as racism, how Black Lives Matter are worse than the KKK and how they (Black Lives Matter, not the KKK) need to be taken out -- So I find it funny that she would claim that racism now suddenly exists in this situation.”

I don't see any inconsistency between her two statements. On the one hand she is claiming that there is no pervasive systemic racism, but on the other hand she rightfully acknowledges there are, and always will be, isolated instances of overt racism.

You ask if she had the right to defend herself. Of course she did! The right to defend oneself is ingrained in the entire body of American jurisprudence. In fact, the right to use deadly force is lawful when a person reasonably believes such force is necessary to prevent death or serious bodily injury to himself/herself or an innocent third party.

I have a JD (doctorate in law) and I always go where the evidence leads me. There is a lot I do not know about this case, but the fact that the White woman followed the sergeant into the gas station is problematic. Also, the video seems to confirm that White woman was the aggressor. At any rate, the soldier doesn't have to prove a damn thing; instead, the state must prove that the White “lady” did nothing to provoke the attack and that the soldier's use of force was excessive. I'm going with the soldier on this one.

So is the moral of the story "if threatened, do not call 911"?

I mean I've read about many cases of people getting arrested, even killed by police after they called 911. And people who have called for bs reasons never get charged.

They should take into consideration that a person who calls them is really being threatened, and not a threat.

I'm afraid the problem here is the law, there should be special laws about 911 calls and the 911 calls being used as evidence in a case. I mean, they probably can be, but their value seems about the same as that of toilet paper.

You say: “Now the interesting twist to the story is --- Sgt Waters is a Candace Owens loving, Trump supporting, black conservative. In fact, she has posted numerous times on her social media page about how there is no such thing as racism, how Black Lives Matter are worse than the KKK and how they (Black Lives Matter, not the KKK) need to be taken out -- So I find it funny that she would claim that racism now suddenly exists in this situation.”

I don't see any inconsistency between her two statements. On the one hand she is claiming that there is no pervasive systemic racism, but on the other hand she rightfully acknowledges there are, and always will be, isolated instances of overt racism.

You ask if she had the right to defend herself. Of course she did! The right to defend oneself is ingrained in the entire body of American jurisprudence. In fact, the right to use deadly force is lawful when a person reasonably believes such force is necessary to prevent death or serious bodily injury to himself/herself or an innocent third party.

I have a JD (doctorate in law) and I always go where the evidence leads me. There is a lot I do not know about this case, but the fact that the White woman followed the sergeant into the gas station is problematic. Also, the video seems to confirm that White woman was the aggressor. At any rate, the soldier doesn't have to prove a damn thing; instead, the state must prove that the White “lady” did nothing to provoke the attack and that the soldier's use of force was excessive. I'm going with the soldier on this one.
Yes, she said there is no racism - PERIOD - she didn't add any qualifiers..but if you have this need to move the goal posts and clarify it by saying "but but but, she didn't mean systemic"..

What part of accusing the police department of being racist is not systemic?

Considering we only have part of the story, no one can say with certainty racism did or didn’t play a part in the charge. Anyone immediately assuming (of course the left does) anything until this plays out in court is looking for nothing more than a political talking point.

You can look at the surveillance footage and the fact that she could be heard over the 911 call being attacked...at no point was she the aggressor....

Its a pity, all of that buckdancing Sgt Waters did in order to get folks like you to accept her as one of your own and be extended benefits of a doubt that you gladly give others of a certain "ilk" -- at the end of the day -- she is still being put in the same boat as those "BLM" terrorists

You can look at the surveillance footage and the fact that she could be heard over the 911 call being attacked...at no point was she the aggressor....

Its a pity, all of that buckdancing Sgt Waters did in order to get folks like you to accept her as one of your own and be extended benefits of a doubt that you gladly give others of a certain "ilk" -- at the end of the day -- she is still being put in the same boat as those "BLM" terrorists
Zimmerman called the cops too. Witnesses saw Trayvon attacking Zimmerman. Why didnt you support Zimmermans right to defend himself?

If the video shows she was defending herself and had not other way to retreat from the situation then yes she had the right to defend herself.

What you might have not noticed the Sargent is trained, so she is considered more dangerous not because she is black but because of her Military Training.

Also if the Sargent was in the fast lane impeding traffic by not passing a slower but was actually driving slower in the passing lane then she caused the road rage.

As for the other woman she should have been charged too because of her Physical attack on the Sargent.

I bet you will miss everything I wrote and scream I am a racist...

Impeding traffic is not grounds for an attack. Training is not grounds for an arrest. The cops just screwed up and arrested the wrong person. If you think her being black had nothing to do with that, then you're nuts. No amount of excuse making can change that.

As usual you make up stuff to suit your argument it is all about this or that.

1. You can be charged for a crime because of your military training because she could have used other options to defuse the situation.

She is a trained soldier and used a knife in the conflict, so yes that will be taken into consideration.

2. You do not know what the Sargent had said or had she flipped off the driver that was trying to get her to pull over and let the other driver pass.

You are taking the word of one person while not hearing the other side.

3. You will automatically assume the white person is at fault and declare racism but ask what did the Sargent say and what did her words cause the incident to esculate?

Finally:

The Army suspended her because they need to investigate and I know you will claim the Army is racist but of found guilty the reality is there is more information than what the Sargent is giving but you do not care because all you see is her skin color and believe she is innocent.

So no she can not stab someone because of her Military training and she knew this and the justification would have been life threatening on her part and it seem it was not at the time.

I never said anything about the Army suspending her. I assume the military automatically does that when soldiers are arrested. In any event, her supervisor sent a letter of support for her urging that charges be dropped. I am not taking the word of any person over another. I took the complete article as written, as well as the videos at face value. I maintain that the known information indicates she was unfairly treated. I won't have a problem changing that assessment if or when more information indicating otherwise is made available. I didn't automatically assume the white person was at fault. I evaluated the information and determined that was most likely. You are the only one who seems to automatically assume anything, by insisting there is further information that will show the Sargent at fault. That might be the case, and I have already said that I will certainly reevaluate my belief if that happens, but, for now, there is no further information available, and no reason to believe more will be forthcoming. Do you know any other way to fairly consider the situation with the known information?

If the video shows she was defending herself and had not other way to retreat from the situation then yes she had the right to defend herself.

What you might have not noticed the Sargent is trained, so she is considered more dangerous not because she is black but because of her Military Training.

Also if the Sargent was in the fast lane impeding traffic by not passing a slower but was actually driving slower in the passing lane then she caused the road rage.

As for the other woman she should have been charged too because of her Physical attack on the Sargent.

Impeding traffic is not grounds for an attack. Training is not grounds for an arrest. The cops just screwed up and arrested the wrong person. If you think her being black had nothing to do with that, then you're nuts. No amount of excuse making can change that.

1. You can be charged for a crime because of your military training because she could have used other options to defuse the situation.

She is a trained soldier and used a knife in the conflict, so yes that will be taken into consideration.

2. You do not know what the Sargent had said or had she flipped off the driver that was trying to get her to pull over and let the other driver pass.

3. You will automatically assume the white person is at fault and declare racism but ask what did the Sargent say and what did her words cause the incident to esculate?

Finally:

The Army suspended her because they need to investigate and I know you will claim the Army is racist but of found guilty the reality is there is more information than what the Sargent is giving but you do not care because all you see is her skin color and believe she is innocent.

So no she can not stab someone because of her Military training and she knew this and the justification would have been life threatening on her part and it seem it was not at the time.

I never said anything about the Army suspending her. I assume the military automatically does that when soldiers are arrested. In any event, her supervisor sent a letter of support for her urging that charges be dropped. I am not taking the word of any person over another. I took the complete article as written, as well as the videos at face value. I maintain that the known information indicates she was unfairly treated. I won't have a problem changing that assessment if or when more information indicating otherwise is made available. I didn't automatically assume the white person was at fault. I evaluated the information and determined that was most likely. You are the only one who seems to automatically assume anything, by insisting there is further information that will show the Sargent at fault. That might be the case, and I have already said that I will certainly reevaluate my belief if that happens, but, for now, there is no further information available, and no reason to believe more will be forthcoming. Do you know any other way to fairly consider the situation with the known information?
The "assault" in the video didnt look particularly dangerous or life threatening. Its going to be tough to justify the use of a knife in this case.

Finally:

The "assault" in the video didnt look particularly dangerous or life threatening. Its going to be tough to justify the use of a knife in this case.

The Castle Doctrine applies to your car as well as your house. You can do anything up to and including killing someone to defend yourself if attacked.inside.

It is because she used the knife in a fist fight.
George Zimmerman used a gun in a fist fight.....
Zimmerman used a gun to preserve his life from an angry black man.

"Zimmerman used a gun to preserve his life from an angry black man"

or...

Zimmerman, knowing he had a gun, and after being told by authorities "DON'T DO ANYTHING" , IGNORED the authorities, harassed/attacked the black kid, INSTIGATING the event, the kid fought back (standing his ground) and zimmerman, cowardly conservative that he is, pulled out the gun and murdered the black kid.....

That's how I see it.

I'm truly surprised that more conservatives don't use this method....

"I shot that liberal in self defense! He called me "MEAN" and I was completely in fear for my life"

conservative judge appointed by trump "sounds about right to me!"

or...

Zimmerman, knowing he had a gun, and after being told by authorities "DON'T DO ANYTHING" , IGNORED the authorities, harassed/attacked the black kid, INSTIGATING the event, the kid fought back (standing his ground) and zimmerman, cowardly conservative that he is, pulled out the gun and murdered the black kid.....

That's how I see it.

"I shot that liberal in self defense! He called me "MEAN" and I was completely in fear for my life"

He did NOT "harass" the angry black man. Zimmerman had the RIGHT to keep an eye on the black man walking on private property past your window at night.

Atlanta Black Star?

Can’t get much more racist than that.
BTW:
Fake News.

Finally:

The Castle Doctrine applies to your car as well as your house. You can do anything up to and including killing someone to defend yourself if attacked.inside.
If its deemed necessary. That video doesnt appear to require a knife.

or...

That's how I see it.

He did NOT "harass" the angry black man. Zimmerman had the RIGHT to keep an eye on the black man walking on private property past your window at night.

Trayvon was either a peeping tom or he was out in the dark on a rainy night casing homes to burglarize---or perhaps both.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back