Bill Maher Gets Owned

GDP = Brazil about 25% of the US.
Oil Consumption = 13% of what the US uses.

So... Essentially Brazil is damn near twice as efficient with it's oil use?
And what causes that "efficiency"?

Poverty.

List of countries by vehicles per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The US has 812 motor vehicles per 1000 people.

Brazil has 259 motor vehicles per 1000 people.

Is that what you want for the US?
depotoo beat you to it...
Have you comprehended it yet?

Poverty.

depotoo beat you to it...
Have you comprehended it yet?
Yeah... It's why I said what I did. Feel free to look back. It's the post directly before yours that says the same thing yours does. *shrugs*

Last edited:
You gotta be kidding me? This is what makes your little heart go pitter patter? :lol: 2010 yet ! You need something of real substance son / daughter.

As opposed to what the people from the left posting things about Romney from 50 year's ago? Compared to that two year's is nothing.

Of course Beretta thanked you, but the fact remains that Maher was NOT "owned." Contradicting that truncated clip from 2010, as evidence of the previous 5+years shows. Context matters, hell, FACTS matter.

The fact is I never said Maher was owned I just pointed out the silliness of someone from the left going on about something that involved Maher two year's ago when they post stuff about Romney from 50 year's ago.Yes facts do matter and the fact is this stuff from 50 year's ago is either simply alleged or distorited and matters no more than the Maher stuff from two year's ago. What's good for one side is good for the other.

I love how these Environmental libs talk about oil when they are in HUGE mansions drive around in limousines and take private planes. The biggest one AL Gore who is making tons of money off this shit and his house is far from GREEN

Is it still? From what I remember he was fighting town or city or county or state ordinances to get the permissions for the solar panels that would have MADE his house "green."
Not that I know that he made it green but still doesnt stop him from taking private planes does it

I love how these Environmental libs talk about oil when they are in HUGE mansions drive around in limousines and take private planes. The biggest one AL Gore who is making tons of money off this shit and his house is far from GREEN

Is it still? From what I remember he was fighting town or city or county or state ordinances to get the permissions for the solar panels that would have MADE his house "green."
Not that I know that he made it green but still doesnt stop him from taking private planes does it

Odd, I've never seen you bitch about the Koch brothers, or any republican Senators doing the same.

Funny, but it was a republican Atty General, Ashcroft it was, who, back when "NOBODY had any IDEA" that our planes were at terrorist risk, took private planes because commercial aircraft was something that was warned against. Nice of him to spread the word, and shit.

But it's so important to some Americans to support those oil companies.
You can move to Brazil and live in poverty if you like. No one's stopping you.
When cons run out of answers, or just can't answer, they just resort to "why don't you move there".

As opposed to what the people from the left posting things about Romney from 50 year's ago? Compared to that two year's is nothing.

Of course Beretta thanked you, but the fact remains that Maher was NOT "owned." Contradicting that truncated clip from 2010, as evidence of the previous 5+years shows. Context matters, hell, FACTS matter.

The fact is I never said Maher was owned I just pointed out the silliness of someone from the left going on about something that involved Maher two year's ago when they post stuff about Romney from 50 year's ago.Yes facts do matter and the fact is this stuff from 50 year's ago is either simply alleged or distorited and matters no more than the Maher stuff from two year's ago. What's good for one side is good for the other.

What's fair for one IS fair for another. Funny how what's "good" for one isn't necessarily so. :lol:

1. This video is from two years ago.
2. Maher oversold it a bit, but his general point was right. A significant amount of Brazil's fuel comes from domestic ethanol.
"Oversold it a bit"?

He was wrong. It's okay; you can say it. You won't burst into flames. I promise.

He wasn't though, Brazil achieved full oil independence. They had plenty of their own, and they, more than any other country, reduced their use even of that.

Do try to keep up.

Odd, I've never seen you bitch about the Koch brothers, or any republican Senators doing the same.

Funny, but it was a republican Atty General, Ashcroft it was, who, back when "NOBODY had any IDEA" that our planes were at terrorist risk, took private planes because commercial aircraft was something that was warned against. Nice of him to spread the word, and shit.

I haven't seen the Koch bros. preaching about being green, like Gore. Gore only changed his home to green when it was exposed that Bush had a more green home structure than Gore did, along with the amount of energy it took to support his property. It did make Gore look bad.

GDP - per capita (PPP) - Country Comparison

Brazil's GDP per capita is $11,900.

The US's GDP per capita is $49,000.

What's "working" for Brazil is that it's a lot poorer than the US.

But, hey, Obama's working on that.

Poverty.

More and better public transportation? HELL yes!

But it's so important to some Americans to support those oil companies.
When cons run out of answers, or just can't answer, they just resort to "why don't you move there".

You don't have to move, PJ, just give up you and your families vehicles in the name of conservation. No? You lead the way for America....the journey begins with that first step. :eusa_whistle:

I haven't seen the Koch bros. preaching about being green, like Gore. Gore only changed his home to green when it was exposed that Bush had a more green home structure than Gore did, along with the amount of energy it took to support his property. It did make Gore look bad.

Gore only made his home green when the code laws allowed him to. He'd been trying to the whole time.

How fucked up that someone would have to seek a zoning change to install solar panels. One would have to wonder what agenda would be behind the prohibition of such. :eusa_doh:

Poverty.

Public transportation for the most part has been a money hole for cities and counties, not to mention the federal AMTRAK. How can it be made better and be cost effective where people will be willing to give up their vehicles?

Gore only made his home green when the code laws allowed him to. He'd been trying to the whole time.

How fucked up that someone would have to seek a zoning change to install solar panels. One would have to wonder what agenda would be behind the prohibition of such. :eusa_doh:

Barb, I'm sure there are links to back up what you stated, but, I'm not buying his excuse. His electric bills were posted years ago, he could have cut back on the huge amount of electricity he used, but he didn't.

You don't have to move, PJ, just give up you and your families vehicles in the name of conservation. No? You lead the way for America....the journey begins with that first step. :eusa_whistle:

You first. Build your own plumbing, pipes to clean water, your own septic system, figure out your own electricity, enforce your own contracts, protect your own property, drive your own code blue ass to the hospital, don't get mad if they don't take you, educate your children, figure out for your damned self if your meds are safe, don't EVER eat at a restaurant (you should take your chances the dishwasher doesn't have hep C, it shouldn't be guaranteed), and blaze your and your customer's own trail to your place of work / business.
:eusa_silenced:

Barb, I'm sure there are links to back up what you stated, but, I'm not buying his excuse. His electric bills were posted years ago, he could have cut back on the huge amount of electricity he used, but he didn't.

Why should he have to more than anyone else? There are SO many contributors to global climate change, and the biggest of those are industrial / commercial.

Do you remember the SmokyBear PDAs, the Indian pollution PDAs?

"Only YOU" can prevent...

Well, it turns out those individualized blamefests had collective solutions, and corporate sponsors at both ends, which is why corporate responsibility was never brought up in campaigns, and while individual responsibility was applied to community problems that needed a collective response and corporate responsibility, and ONLY made possible through regulation, to fix.

Last edited:

Poverty.

Public transportation for the most part has been a money hole for cities and counties, not to mention the federal AMTRAK. How can it be made better and be cost effective where people will be willing to give up their vehicles?

People don't give up their vehicles, they drive them less. Park and ride. If they're NEAR enough, they don't drive to the stop, but it's still an overall savings. How can you say its not?

Forum List

Back