Big Donor is cutting DeSantis off - No more money for you Ron, you have to change your ways

Tunafish

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2023
I get it. First off I would never vote for DeSantis. I will write Trump if I have to. This guy is WAY WAY off his rocker. "Extremism isn't going to get you elected" in a NATIONAL ELECTION.
Bernie Sanders is another example of extremism. He would not be elected to President if he ran. Trump is not extreme.
Trump loves the LGBTQ voters, DeSantis hates them. DeSantis is way way to extreme to run the USA. He will not get elected. It will be a BLOW OUT. They will not have to rig and steal it this time.
I will vote Republican, I will vote for Trump. Even if DeSantis "changes his ways" he will be lying. He is not going to "change his ways" He knows he will not win, and it will cost him his cushy job as the Governor of Florida. Trump is the BEST OPTION for 2024.

(Reuters) - Hotel entrepreneur Robert Bigelow, the biggest individual donor to a group supporting Ron DeSantis' presidential bid, told Reuters on Friday he will not donate more money unless the Florida governor attracts new major donors and adopts a more moderate approach.

"He does need to shift to get to moderates. He'll lose if he doesn't ... Extremism isn't going to get you elected," Bigelow said in an interview, adding that he had communicated these concerns to DeSantis' campaign.

Who are big donors going to give to now..... if not DeSantis then Trump? Don't make me laugh Trump's the most used up personality of the decade.

I get it. First off I would never vote for DeSantis. I will write Trump if I have to. This guy is WAY WAY off his rocker. "Extremism isn't going to get you elected" in a NATIONAL ELECTION.
Bernie Sanders is another example of extremism. He would not be elected to President if he ran. Trump is not extreme.
Trump loves the LGBTQ voters, DeSantis hates them. DeSantis is way way to extreme to run the USA. He will not get elected. It will be a BLOW OUT. They will not have to rig and steal it this time.
I will vote Republican, I will vote for Trump. Even if DeSantis "changes his ways" he will be lying. He is not going to "change his ways" He knows he will not win, and it will cost him his cushy job as the Governor of Florida. Trump is the BEST OPTION for 2024.

(Reuters) - Hotel entrepreneur Robert Bigelow, the biggest individual donor to a group supporting Ron DeSantis' presidential bid, told Reuters on Friday he will not donate more money unless the Florida governor attracts new major donors and adopts a more moderate approach.

"He does need to shift to get to moderates. He'll lose if he doesn't ... Extremism isn't going to get you elected," Bigelow said in an interview, adding that he had communicated these concerns to DeSantis' campaign.

I quit reading at "Trump is not extreme"

Relevant reading...

Watch for other states to operate this way with their delegate rules as well.

The establishment doesn't want the guy who fought and won against the branch covidians and all of the other tyrannies which were associated with it and that were widely forced upon the rest of the electorate in numerous other states at the barrel of a government gun in its name.

Nope. Huh uh. They don't want that guy in the delegate game. Not in any meaningful way anyway.

The establishment wants the two guys that are just passing the baton back and forth so either way it's business as usual for them.

So...expect DeSantis to get the Ron Paul treatment in terms of the delegate rules being changed to favor the establishment's choice(s)...

Last edited:

YOU ARE KIDDING? I hope???
An x president in the news every other day for something negative!

The DeSantis naysayers are a bit premature.

That said, he needs to shine at the first debate, or that may be that.

• Banned
How is his job as Governor in any danger?

(Let's see if Tunfish is just another Trumper dumbass. I'm taking bets.)

Statistics show those Governors that choose to run for President, fail to hold on to their Governorship. The one exception, in 2016 and potentially ever, is Kasich.

In the past two days he said the above and he has did an about face on AP psychology classes. He is slowly going moderate.

This biggest donor was against his 6 week abortion ban.

The DeSantis naysayers are a bit premature.

That said, he needs to shine at the first debate, or that may be that.

I highly doubt that any of the the glorified used car salesmen asking the questions in any of the debates will provide a stage for any meaningful, relevant dialogue to debate.

When do they ever? They're basically just a bunch of political operatives themselves and almost universally come carrying the establishment's own water. A whole pitcher full...

I highly doubt that any of the the glorified used car salesmen asking the questions in any of the debates will provide a stage for any meaningful, relevant dialogue to debate.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing DeSantis and Ramaswamy square off.

The rest may as well not even bother taking the stage.

(Trump not withstanding, of course.)

Statistics show those Governors that choose to run for President, fail to hold on to their Governorship. The one exception, in 2016 and potentially ever, is Kasich.

He can't lose it and cannot run again after this term.

Ah yes. Heh heh. The ''moderate'' vote.

We certainly don't wanna have an election without specifically placating the demographic that has historically served as the single-most consistent threat to the cause of Individual liberty in America, now do we? The demographic that is historically recognized as just being collectively okay with all of the bad, anti-liberty legislation coming from both theoretical sides of the party-of-one.

Tell him to take his money and shove it up his ass and go back to simple grassroots. The doner class is the problem and as long as they're calling the shots, you may as well stay home on election day.

Last edited:
Who are big donors going to give to now..... if not DeSantis then Trump? Don't make me laugh Trump's the most used up personality of the decade.
Sorry, Mr or Ms. Lemmi, President Trump still attracts thousands at his rallies. Every once in a while I catch a glimpse of the American people who are lucky enough to get to go to rallies having a great time cheering for promises they know Trump will keep for the making of America the amazing country our Constitution set out to accomplish--peace, plenty, brotherhood, and peace in a troubled world. Since I've been home bound for quite some time now, President Trump cheers eveyone up--he works with businesses to increase their payrolls with incentives to well-paid employees who repay them with hard work and bringing home the bacon. The laws of the Constitution were set in place to prosper all American citizens. Trump will bring back the oil and gas industry and give American their own personal choices, not some selfish oligarch who makes enemies out of taxpayers paying a fortune in taxes for services that have become so tempting people run for Congress merely to get rich quick rather than to make certain no American gets left behind. :cranky:

Forum List

Back