Big Brother 16

Production wants a Frankie win. His sister gives some kind of props for the show.
Meanwhile...I read that Frankie was telling the hamsters that his balls are the size of lemons..and proved it by showing them. Do these people not care thousands of people WATCH the feeds? That is just gross. And Frankie is a scumbag, anyway..but this proves he is an assinine scumbag.

Don't hold your breath for a Nicole win. I think she will go next, then Donny. Then they will begin to feed on each other, those left in the house. A lot of people are dumping the feeds now due to boredom. Donny doesn't confront any of them, the girls are too wimpy to act on their own and Derrick is in complete charge.

So over Derrick now !

I was really hoping Nicole would turn the house upside down.

At this point it's just agony watching Christine and Derrick talk smack on Donny.

This Season Sucks !

Production wants a Frankie win. His sister gives some kind of props for the show.
Meanwhile...I read that Frankie was telling the hamsters that his balls are the size of lemons..and proved it by showing them. Do these people not care thousands of people WATCH the feeds? That is just gross. And Frankie is a scumbag, anyway..but this proves he is an assinine scumbag.

Don't hold your breath for a Nicole win. I think she will go next, then Donny. Then they will begin to feed on each other, those left in the house. A lot of people are dumping the feeds now due to boredom. Donny doesn't confront any of them, the girls are too wimpy to act on their own and Derrick is in complete charge.

Well, if Frankie wins, it will be more than likely that the show is fixed and I certainly won't be bothering with it again. If Derrick wins it is because he has been very good at manipulating people without pissing them off, and I have no problem with him winning it. If Nicole has a chance at all, she must win HOH and nominate two from the alliance, and then win the veto so her nominations stay the same and they'll be forced to vote one off. If someone else wins the veto and one of them comes off she puts another one up, and then makes deals with Donny and Christine (who is so stupid, she'll be voting the way they tell her till they're voting for her). Can't say I see that happening.

Production crew is for Donny. They can be heard behind the wall rooting for him during competitions. Grodner wants a Frankie win because of Frankie's sister. Majority of watcher wanted a Zach win but he's gone so now they are focusing on Nicole and Donny. Most hate Derrick, Cody, Frankie, Christine. Caleb swings back and forth in the love/hate thing.

Meanwhile...victoris is out of the house and in ER. Her hair extensions has caused a scalp infection, and she has impacted wisdom teeth. So far, nobody knows if she will be able to return.

Which means...production is trying like hell to save Donny.

Victoria is back in the house.

Anyway..I thought this about sums up BB16:

BurnThisMedia How CBS Big Brother Buried the Lead

SATURDAY, AUGUST 23, 2014
How CBS Big Brother Buried the Lead
It must be difficult producing a show that runs in nearly real time. You may think going in you know what the narrative will be, who will be the stars, what the fans will care about. For Big Brother 16, Alison Grodner and the rest of the behind-the-scenes players had their story going in - pop star Ariana Grande's brother and YouTube personality Frankie was going in cognito with his secret identity. Secondary stories were sweet Duck Dynasty-bearded groundskeeper Donny and police sergeant Derrick (hiding his profession).

Let's admit it. Casting for a reality TV show is a crap-shoot. Someone who looks great in their interviews turns into a dud (aka PowPow who was more like meow meow). Some story lines don't pan out (Christine the super fan became Christine the literal hanger-on). And then there's Zach Rance, or ZachAttack as he's now known.

Cast as a Dr. Will wannabe, Zach was some background noise at first. He was given a few seconds to do his "I hate everyone" bit then was moved off screen for the main stories. And then Zach and the star of the show Frankie started Zankie and now the powers-that-be were interested in the will-they-or-won't-they showmance. That became the new lead story. Zankie was everywhere; even Ariana tweeted about them. Julie Chen asked questions about them. Tribute videos exploded and all eyes were on the two.

But CBS mistakenly thought all this interest was because of Frankie and missed that a new BB star was born right before their eyes. Zach is watchable. You can't take your eyes off of him. Cody may be the cute one, Caleb the body, but Zach is the one who captures your attention. The unpredictable outbursts, the joie de vivre, the catch phrases and poems made Zach the one you cared to see what he'd do next. His excitability, his spontaneity, and his enthusiasm captured the fans' imaginations.

Only one problem emerged. Zach and Frankie had a falling out. Frankie targeted Zach, then Zach targeted him, and the showmance became a flop. How to deal with this? CBS could air what really went down, or they could devise a poor Frankie and Derrick narrative. Suddenly, it was the 31-year-old former dancer accusing Zach of taking money away from needy Africans and the 30-year-old former undercover cop telling Zach he was taking food out of his daughter's mouth. If you watched the live feeds, you heard Frankie talk about euthanizing Zach, putting the baby to sleep and then stabbing it. But that didn't make the show. On the feeds, you saw Derrick threaten to choke Zach out and break every bone in his jaw. But that didn't make the show.

Nothing negative that Frankie or Derrick said was shown; instead they were painted as reluctant heroes trying to save the alliance from the volatile Zach. The home viewers didn't see them plant seeds in Victoria and Christine's minds that Zach was a danger to them. They didn't see how Derrick made false allegations about Zach being a threat to Frankie's safety. The producers tried their best to make Zach the goat, solely responsible for his own downfall. They must have hoped this would keep their Team American trio, and especially Frankie, safe for weeks to come.

What they couldn't have imagined was the groundswell of support for Zach. Never before in BB history has one houseguest become the center of such a large social media movement. When his fans thought Frankie had violated house rules telling Zach he was nominated, "Renom Rules" trended on Twitter. Before the eviction vote, #SaveZach was as ubiquitous as #ZachAttack. Past houseguests from the godfather of them all Dr. Will to Dan Gheesling tweeted their appreciation and support of Zach. Ariana Grande, and her mother Joan, even tweeted out support for Zach and their wishes that Frankie would come to his senses before it was too late. As Big Brother co-producer Chris Roach tweeted last week: "I get the sense a lot of people wish they had voted #BBZach to be a part of Team America."

Zach said often in the BB house that he hoped he'd have 79K Twitter followers by the time he exited the BB house; as of today he has 115K for an idle account that has just one tweet from two years ago. His Instagram has 188K followers. "Froot Loop Dingus" has entered BB parlance as a new favorite phrase. The episode where he was evicted was the season's highest rated episode.

CBS let a star slip through their fingers and will continue to shove Frankie, and to a lesser extent eventual winner Derrick, down our throats. But we will miss the former frat boy from South Florida with loose lips, questionable dance moves, and more personality than the rest of the house combined. We can't wait for BBAllStars2 and the return of Zach Rance, who came into the house to be hated and to win $500K and failed on both accounts.

That was quite interesting. And, I agree.....I didn't like Zach at first, especially when he came after Nicole and Christine and made demeaning remarks, but then it seemed to have just been for amusement and not malicious at all, and when I saw how Frankie (whom I can't stand) was stabbing him in the back, I actually wanted a miracle to happen to save Zach. Probably because he actually made the show fun and interesting, you never knew what Zach was going to do next. I can't even say that I like Derrick. He's playing well in the sense that he controls almost everyone (except Nicole/Donny), but I don't like his personality that much. Donny, whom I didn't care for from the beginning is beginning to look more and more my favorite, just because I don't like back-stabbers and hypocrites, and Donny seems to be the most honest of them all. I may be wrong, because I don't get to see the behind-the-scene stuff that goes on, but based on what we are allowed to see, I believe he is the most honest.

Agreed. Zach is da man. Just cuz he is funny. Donny...because he is a good man. The rest? Meh. Derrick has shown he is just another scumbag.

Production crew is for Donny. They can be heard behind the wall rooting for him during competitions. Grodner wants a Frankie win because of Frankie's sister. Majority of watcher wanted a Zach win but he's gone so now they are focusing on Nicole and Donny. Most hate Derrick, Cody, Frankie, Christine. Caleb swings back and forth in the love/hate thing.

Meanwhile...victoris is out of the house and in ER. Her hair extensions has caused a scalp infection, and she has impacted wisdom teeth. So far, nobody knows if she will be able to return.

Victoria's collapse

Yesterday someone yelled Frankie's the Sab and Derricks a cop, I am pretty sure it was production trying to liven up a boring season:badgrin: Just kidden of course

Donny's toast!

I hope Nicole wins HOH and puts up Derrick/Frankie lol

It was a poster at Survivor Sucks with a bullhorn. Hang on and I will see if I can find the exact words he said.

Tooms wrote:Actually it was me, and I yelled this:

Frankie is the Saboteur. The Saboteur is Frankie.
He's lying to everyone and can't be trusted.
Christine is hated by America.
Derrick, stop being the fun police. It's a TV show and you're not on duty.
Caleb, you're trusting the wrong people. Frankie will stab you in the back.

SATURDAY, AUGUST 23, 2014
How CBS Big Brother Buried the Lead
It must be difficult producing a show that runs in nearly real time. You may think going in you know what the narrative will be, who will be the stars, what the fans will care about. For Big Brother 16, Alison Grodner and the rest of the behind-the-scenes players had their story going in - pop star Ariana Grande's brother and YouTube personality Frankie was going in cognito with his secret identity. Secondary stories were sweet Duck Dynasty-bearded groundskeeper Donny and police sergeant Derrick (hiding his profession).

[...]

Excellent (and thorough) review, Gracie.

I haven't watched the last few shows and have pretty much lost interest. I'm glad Nicole and Victoria are hanging on. They are the only remaining who I like, so I hope they win.

I played the clip over and over full volume and couldn't hear it. They all think it was the popo (christine's words) except Cody, Cody heard part if it.

I didn't write the review, Mike. Found it at SS and brought it here.
I think Donny is toast this coming Thursday...then Nicole. Or vice versa. Victoria will get pretty far because she is Derricks pet.

I played the clip over and over full volume and couldn't hear it. They all think it was the popo (christine's words) except Cody, Cody heard part if it.
Hang on. MOre stuff from SS:

Jenerrific713 wrote:MissingLynx wrote:Early this morning, Derrick, totally paranoid was upstairs pretending to take a shower and was freaking out about everyone. He confirmed with Cody that they heard "Don't trust Frankie." "Don't trust Christine." outside and that Christine heard it too, looked at Cody and was "shitting her pants" and telling him "don't put me up".

Good job!

Only Derrick is so fucking sanctimonious, humorless and joyless that I really do not want him near F2 either.
You don't by any chance have an approximate time stamp for this do you? Thanks in advance! :)
Starts around 2:40am BBT

And, after the megaphone thing happend, they were put in lockdown for a long time.

Here is another good article:

BB16: The Downfall of Big Brother. full article here: Big Brother Shenanigans

I didn't mean to turn this into a Big Brother history post, but bear with me. There's purpose to my rambling.

Production interference through strategically placed twists has been making appearances more and more blatantly, but more often than not, they were placed to further players that the fans were rooting for at the time. I mean, why else interfere but to encourage the viewing public to watch their favorite story lines? Right?

What happened in season 15 and 16 though? It's simple. Bad casting and production favorites that do not coincide with fan favorites.

Both seasons were plagued by unfortunate casting based on a formula whose motivation is to repeat the successful story lines of the past. The problem is, you can't cast a show based on stereotypes without extensive interviews of these people. One can easily portray someone who they aren't in a video and certainly in a bar from which they are recruited. The other problem is, you can't cast people to fit a story line that might or might not happen, and you certainly cannot force them to be what you want them to be.

Both seasons were also plagued by production's stubborn insistence to control the outcome of these storylines, ignoring the "reality" of the situation and the fans' favorites. Simply put, the twists did not help the victims of racism and bullying in BB15 and the victims of misogyny and bullying in BB16. As we watched each of our favorites get evicted, we lost all faith or interest in the show. There was no real romance, no victory of the heroes, no redemption, no satisfaction.

Big Brother is a TV show and like all TV shows, it's scripted and manipulated. That's a fact. But, what's the point if the manipulation only brings the lowest common denominator to the end? And really, who gives an eff if they win?

Donny will more than likely be voted out on Thursday, and since he's the last person I really care about or have been rooting for, I'm done. Sure there's more game to play, but it's Derrick's game that will round off a season of incredible bashing, horrific personalities, no power shifts, and a stupid off off off off off off off off Broadway show starring wannabe Fakie J Shot for the ridiculous "Team America" task. No thanks. Bye Felicia.

Forum List

Back