And The Season 13 American Idol Winner Is.........

TruthSeeker56

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2011
New Hampshire
CALEB JOHNSON!

Despite low ratings this season, and the return of only one judge from last season, and a rather lackluster top ten, the voters of American Idol definitely did the right thing by voting for CALEB JOHNSON as the new American Idol.

The better half and I picked Caleb right from the start. He has INCREDIBLE pipes, great stage present, and a vocal range that I have never heard before.

Johnson was BY FAR the best contestant after the tryouts were done, and he proved how great he was, week after week after week.

And, it's about damn time that a TRUE ROCKER won American Idol.

17-year-old Jena "Don't Call Me Jenna" Irene, was the runnerup, and although she has a very unique singing style, she simply is not in the same league as Caleb Johnson.

I predict that, if Caleb's "new career" is handled correctly, he could be as big of a star as Carrie Underwood is.

I just don't know how much demand there is anymore for a future "rock star" who can sing anything from Whitesnake and Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith to Paul McCartney.

If Caleb were back in the '80s, he would be a superstar. In today's music world of hip hop, rap music, and half-naked young females posing as singers, it's hard to say what sort of "niche" Caleb will be able to carve out for himself.

Chris Daughtry, another American Idol alumnus, has carved out a nice career for himself, so there is hope for Caleb Johnson.

It would be a DAMN SHAME to see a RARE "super talent" like Caleb Johnson end up on the scrap heap.

Good luck to Caleb, and to Jena Irene. Jena never had a chance, but she is still very good.

Forum List

Back