Big Bird, Typical Liberal

PBS costs the US one hundredth of one per cent of the budget. Meanwhile Willard wants to add $2Trillion to the military, which they don't want, and a $5Trillion dollar tax cut [revenue].

How many teachers could you pay with the eight million dollars that we're giving to a company that made 132 million dollars in addition to taking public money. Why do you like welfare to the rich?

PBS costs the US one hundredth of one per cent of the budget. Meanwhile Willard wants to add $2Trillion to the military, which they don't want, and a $5Trillion dollar tax cut [revenue].

How many teachers could you pay with the eight million dollars that we're giving to a company that made 132 million dollars in addition to taking public money. Why do you like welfare to the rich?
Why do cons support corporate welfare to the likes of Exxon?

Cause it's cheaper than corporate welfare for the green energy companies.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/economy/commentary/item/12350-corporate-welfare-spending-hits-$100-billion-in-fy-2012

ExxonMobil paid no federal income tax in 2009. (Updated) | ThinkProgress

http://www.thenewamerican.com/economy/commentary/item/12350-corporate-welfare-spending-hits-$100-billion-in-fy-2012

Romney says he'll put oil subsidies on the table. What's Obama willing to put on the table? Why shouldn't Big Bird pay taxes like the rest of us?

This is an outright lie...!

There is not 5 Trilion dollars in wealth, let alone being able to tax Americans for it!!! Where in the Hell is he going to find that much money????
You could take every penny the top 1% posess and it would not even come close to that giant number!!

Plus 2 Trillion to the military???

Damn.... !

Romney says he'll put oil subsidies on the table. What's Obama willing to put on the table? Why shouldn't Big Bird pay taxes like the rest of us?
Of course you believe Willard.

How much income tax did General Electric pay in 2010 & 2011..?

Of course you believe Willard.

Yeah... I actually do?

What is Obama's track record of telling the truth?
If ya do not know... just ask Uivision TV.

I know this is not going to change anyone's mind but,,,,,

30 TV Shows That Are Actually Educational

30 TV Shows That Are Actually Educational | Edudemic

In 2011, the Federal Budget was $3.4 trillion, PBS received $430 million. That's like .0001% of the Federal Budget.

Yet according to Tom Coburn, the wealthy receive $30 billion dollars in taxpayer giveaways each year.
http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public...&File_id=544ae3e7-195b-40ad-aa84-334fdd6a5e1f

So let's kill Big Bird/PBS, but let's continue to worship the wealthy and let them continue on getting billions of dollars annually that contribute almost 100 times more dollars to the deficit than the cost of helping finance good education for our kids.

It's not a taxpayer GIVEAWAY when the welathy get to keep their own fucking koney.

Dickcheese.

Of course Mex clearly shows he didn't read the Tom Coburn (R-OK) Report that I linked, he just reacted ignorantly. Maybe he should have watched CTW when he was a pre-school child, then he might possess reading comprehension and maybe a little ambition to actually read the links to posts. Ya know Mex, reading can be fun and educational.

Bottom line Kiwi.... Sesame Street will be just fine in private hands.
It will make enough money to support itself.

PBS does not need us to subsidize it.

How is that any of your business?

Me personally, none. I don't have kids.

But frankly, if I had kids, I'd rather have a show that taught them how to read than a show that taught them that violence was a solution to problems and they needed to have more toys.

I think we've hit on the fundemental issue. Do things exist for the public good, or do they exist so a few people can make a quick buck?
Didn't ask what you would rather have, but how it's any of your business.

And you admitted that it's not.

So buzz off.
:rolleyes:
As a member of society he has a right to his opinion and the business of the society.

How is that any of your business?

Me personally, none. I don't have kids.

But frankly, if I had kids, I'd rather have a show that taught them how to read than a show that taught them that violence was a solution to problems and they needed to have more toys.

I think we've hit on the fundemental issue. Do things exist for the public good, or do they exist so a few people can make a quick buck?
Didn't ask what you would rather have, but how it's any of your business.

And you admitted that it's not.

So buzz off.

actually, it is my business.

Takes a village, baby.

I want the kid who grew up with Sesame Street Values, not TMNT values.

And frankly, so do you.

When Mitt's President, he's going to outsource Sesame Street to China.

Get ready for

Sesame_Street_China_sign.jpg

Big Bird, 43 years old, has been on public assistance since birth.

A lifetime of exposure to Liberal ideology has convinced him that he is unable to support himself without public assistance. Liberals have robbed him of any ambition to venture forth into the free market.

Big Bird, you're 43 fucking years old, its time you moved out of your Mom's basement. You and your friends are easily worth $1 billion so it's time to grow a pair. Get out there, earn a living and pay your fair share.

Take Elmo, Grover and that creep who is always in the Garbage Can with you too. Oh, and don't send "Veggie Monster" back until he eats Cookies again. Your Liberal friends made a fucking mockery of him.

Perhaps if you had watched Sesame Street, you wouldn't be such a worthless illiterate on the public doll.

I watched it when I had young kids before Cookie Monster went complete Liberal Faggot and became Veggie Monster.

Unlike you, I don't have to go there for news and current events.

And it's dole, not doll, you dolt

:lol:

I gatta spread it around. Damn it!
Are you serious? Cookie Monster is now referred to as Veggie Monster? Wow.

When Mitt's President, he's going to outsource Sesame Street to China.

Get ready for

Sesame_Street_China_sign.jpg

Not to worry, all you bloodsuckers who sold us out to China will get your reckoning, eventually.

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Now, excuse me while I count this

]

Yes, I know you'll be counting it for the big boys you get coffee for.

And then shine their shoes...

bustin-ur-balls-meme-generator-salute-now-go-home-and-get-your-fuckin-shinebox-77869e.jpg

Not to worry, all you bloodsuckers who sold us out to China will get your reckoning, eventually.

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Now, excuse me while I count this

]

Yes, I know you'll be counting it for the big boys you get coffee for.

And then shine their shoes...

bustin-ur-balls-meme-generator-salute-now-go-home-and-get-your-fuckin-shinebox-77869e.jpg

You're retort would have been more witty if that guy hadn't ended up dead.

You can think of a more clever meme in between planning for The Revolution, Comrade.

Just out of curiosity, why are we pretending that removing federal funding from PBS would cause it to close down and kill Big Bird?

Is this a game? And no one told me?

Um... no, probably not.

of course, the question is, what would PBS be without that federal subsidy?

I think that is the question.

A big market like Chicago will still have WTTW and maybe that second and third PBS Station.

But the markets like Northern Wisconsin, where the PBS stations only exist because of that federal subsidy.

Forum List

Back