Better not happen.

If the school did this to my daughter I would beat their door with lawsuit in hand. Plus my daughter would not be going to that school anymore.

Girls, 13, given contraceptive implants at school - Telegraph

Yes, MUCH better to have your teenage daughter knocked up.
Did you READ the article?

These girls ASKED for it, behind their parents back.
Is your daughter going to ASK FOR IT behind your back?

That seems to me that the fundamental failure here is as a PARENT and not the schools fault. If your kid IS AFRAID or WON'T TALK to you about sex, all the school was doing was making sure they didn't COMPOUND the fricking issue with a baby.

These parents should be THANKING THE SCHOOL for taking more interest in the ACTUAL WELL BEING of their kids than their own fricking parents, with their "Oh I'm so morally outraged that someone ELSE knows my kid is sexually active and does the right thing" parents.
Doesn't matter. A 13 year old is not an adult. The parents are still responsible for her. The school had damn well inform me. By the way, I care more for my daughter than any school. The right thing is to teach your daughter the right thing is not to have sex. Then of course I will be talking to the boy's parents.

Do you realize how many times in this kind of case, the offending party is the girl's father?

Besides the fucking obvious that the school is not in existance to play surrogate Mommy & Daddy, the school opens itself up to all kinds of liability issues by performing this procedure...

Last I heard, a 13 year old child cannot sign a waiver of legal rights..

What if the child develops an allergic reaction? What if the procedure is performed incorrectly and causes medical complications?

This is beyond stupid...
It should be obvious, to most, this had happened in Great Britain.​

So? The age of consent in Great Britain is 16. Not 13.

Shaman apparently has a personal interest in promoting sex with children, and protecting them from pregnancy.

Do you realize how many times in this kind of case, the offending party is the girl's father?

No, I do not know how many times it is the case. Tell us what percentage of 13 year olds who are having sex are having sex with their fathers.

And if a girl is able to ask for contraception at school, don't you think she is capable of answering some questions about the nature of her sexual activity?

Good thing I'm not a parent...
If my kid was screwing at 13 I would
drive her to the Port Authority Bus Terminal
and hand her over to the first pimp I came across.
Get her on her way to her future and be done with it.....

That's nice.

How about it if was your 35 year old brother who was having sex with her? Still sell her?

Maybe Michelle Obama could
have her as a guest at the next State of the Union.
The typical Liberal teenager...and her pimp Hector.

If I had a daughter, I'd probably be pretty upset if I knew she was sexually active at 13. But if she was, I'd much rather her have access to birth control than not.

It'd be a failure on my part as a parent if my child didn't feel comfortable talking to me rather than going behind my back - not a failure on the part of the school for providing the service.

If you support her having sex at 13, then you are a criminal, and you are exploiting her.

Your job as a parent is to prevent, or, if you have failed to do that, to STOP her having sex. Not to say "gosh honey, okay, if you're going to fuck in the bedroom I pay for here are some rubbers. I'll wear ear plugs. Tell your cousin to go home soon."

If you support her having sex at 13, then you are a criminal, and you are exploiting her.

Your job as a parent is to prevent, or, if you have failed to do that, to STOP her having sex. Not to say "gosh honey, okay, if you're going to fuck in the bedroom I pay for here are some rubbers. I'll wear ear plugs. Tell your cousin to go home soon."

You and I have drastically different views on what parent's "jobs" are.

I think a parent's job is to protect his underage children from being victimized. If you don't, then yes, we have drastically different ideas of a parent's role.

I think a parent's job is to protect his underage children from being victimized. If you don't, then yes, we have drastically different ideas of a parent's role.

If you think that all sexually active children are being "victimized", you're mistaken.

I lost my virginity at 15, to a girl a few months younger than me. There was no "victimization". I knew plenty of sexually active kids at thirteen as well - and none of them were "victimized" either.

Not to say that sexual abuse doesn't happen - because of course it does - but that doesn't make all sexually active children victims of sexual abuse.

It is the parents job to do just that. However, one might note that the areas with the highest rate of adolescent pregnancy are not the liberal areas, but the conservative areas of this nation.

Good for you. You weren't victimized.

I promise you, the majority of girls who, at 13, NEED contraceptives, are being victimized.

To begin with, it's a crime for them to have sex, period. With kids their own age, with older people, with anyone. So if you know about it and allow it, you are responsible for a crime. Get it? If your primary concern upon discovering your 13 year old is having sex is that she might get pregnant in the future, you've got issues.

If you think that all sexually active children are being "victimized", you're mistaken.

I lost my virginity at 15, to a girl a few months younger than me. There was no "victimization". I knew plenty of sexually active kids at thirteen as well - and none of them were "victimized" either.

Not to say that sexual abuse doesn't happen - because of course it does - but that doesn't make all sexually active children victims of sexual abuse.

A point well taken. Growing up in what might be called rural white ghettos in logging towns and camps, I have seen many very active active teens, starting as young as 12, male and female. And many were enthusiastically experimenting on their own, very much without their parents consent or knowledge.

Yes, in that case their parents are at best neglectful, most likely abusive, and they should be removed from them.

Forum List

Back