Bernie Sanders Panders: Let’s End “Institutional Racism” By Emptying Prisons. And Stuff.

"Racial unjustice".

This is when black people commit more crime and have to do the time. The way of fixing it is obvious, no time for crime.

They side with criminals over Americans every time, don't they?

And this is what's wrong with the plantation. Let's see, how can we help the black communities across America? I KNOW! We will release their criminals back into their neighborhoods!

The sad thing is, Democrats are dumb enough to see this as a plus.

Bernie's right on this one. We imprison a larger percentage of our population that any other nation. Mostly for non-violent - ie victimless - crimes. We send people to prison for crimes that aren't real crimes. It's insane, and it's wrong.

The Left have no limit on their insanity to destroy America.

Bernie Sanders, who was criticized by liberal activists in 2016 for not focusing more on racial injustice, is unveiling a sweeping plan on Sunday aimed at slashing the country’s prison population in half and ridding the criminal justice system of “institutional racism and corporate profiteering.”

The ambitious, nearly 6,000-word proposal seeks to remake the nation’s prisons, police departments, courts, drug laws and treatment of people who have mental illnesses with a full-throated progressive agenda. Sanders’ left-wing allies have argued he has “evolved” in recent years on the issue of criminal justice.

The plan calls for banning cash bail, solitary confinement and civil asset forfeiture, which allows law enforcement officials to seize people’s homes and other property even if they are not convicted of a crime. The plan also looks to legalize marijuana and abolish the death penalty, a practice Sanders has long opposed.

Sanders unveils proposal for massive overhaul of criminal justice system

He understands his constituency are basically stupid people. End private prisons? For what reason?

The reason given is that prisons profit by having more prisoners. However the private prison doesn't send people there, an independent judge does, in most cases, an elected judge by the voters. Secondly, when did we get into the era of having way too much prison space in this country that we need to find criminals to fill those spaces? I must have missed that.

But dummy Democrats will never ask those questions. Furthermore is they refuse to look at the man behind the curtain.

The real reason Democrats want to get rid of private prisons is because more public prisons means more government workers. And how do most government workers vote again?

Bernie's right on this one. We imprison a larger percentage of our population that any other nation. Mostly for non-violent - ie victimless - crimes. We send people to prison for crimes that aren't real crimes. It's insane, and it's wrong.

Not real crimes, like what, drugs?

There are others. But yeah, that's the elephant in the room.

As a person who was harmed by drug users, I can tell you it's a bad idea. You or Bernie will never get the support of the people on that subject. Pot? That's a little different because very few people end up dead because of pot.

The last statistic I checked, over 90,000 Americans die from opioid use a year, and that number has been climbing the last couple of years. That's comparable to one and a half professional football stadiums, and ten times more were saved from death.

Very few people serve prison time for drug usage alone. In most cases, it's drug usage with another associated crime. Sellers? That's where you spend the hard time, and rightfully so.

I hope to see that death figure decrease, or at the very least, not increase. Take away a deterrent, there is no way that would ever happen. We might even double or triple the number of deaths.

As a person who was harmed by drug users, I can tell you it's a bad idea. You or Bernie will never get the support of the people on that subject. Pot? That's a little different because very few people end up dead because of pot.

The last statistic I checked, over 90,000 Americans die from opioid use a year, and that number has been climbing the last couple of years. That's comparable to one and a half professional football stadiums, and ten times more were saved from death.

Very few people serve prison time for drug usage alone. In most cases, it's drug usage with another associated crime. Sellers? That's where you spend the hard time, and rightfully so.

I hope to see that death figure decrease, or at the very least, not increase. Take away a deterrent, there is no way that would ever happen. We might even double or triple the number of deaths.
I was reading something about that online today, but it was so many hours ago, I'll try to say it went like this...There's this guy in China who produces an opioid so potent what would fit in a suitcase could take out everyone in a city the size of St. Louis in one day. So that got banned coming out of china, which is internationally banned, but its precursor chemicals are not banned. So the guy sends it in bulk to Mexico where it is converted into different concentrations when it adds the other ingredients to make it fentanyl as it was originally intended by the guy in China. The conversion is hit-and-miss, and can result in a product ten times greater than the many times greater fentanyl is over mere heroin. And Americans who buy the product often die, because It now all comes over from Mexico, who pipes it up here through coyotes who also have a tendency to rape little girls who were entrusted to the coyote who deals in lethal drugs for yankee people's decimation.

I consider this the death knell of the Democrat party that is more interested in getting rid of Donald Trump than it is about saving the lives of the illegals who are bounden in the overcrowded detainment centers. The the roof could come crashing down on the Democrats for criminalizing an innocent man who happens to the the President, so when their poisoning the well didn't work, they're now going to just say no to everything President Trump supports, starting with the illegals they're trying hard to deal with on the southern border of the USA.

The Left have no limit on their insanity to destroy America.

Bernie Sanders, who was criticized by liberal activists in 2016 for not focusing more on racial injustice, is unveiling a sweeping plan on Sunday aimed at slashing the country’s prison population in half and ridding the criminal justice system of “institutional racism and corporate profiteering.”

The ambitious, nearly 6,000-word proposal seeks to remake the nation’s prisons, police departments, courts, drug laws and treatment of people who have mental illnesses with a full-throated progressive agenda. Sanders’ left-wing allies have argued he has “evolved” in recent years on the issue of criminal justice.

The plan calls for banning cash bail, solitary confinement and civil asset forfeiture, which allows law enforcement officials to seize people’s homes and other property even if they are not convicted of a crime. The plan also looks to legalize marijuana and abolish the death penalty, a practice Sanders has long opposed.

Sanders unveils proposal for massive overhaul of criminal justice system

lol lol lol Sanders is such a fraud and con artist. He's a total sociopath like the rest of the Dems, and so is his base.

Except that pot dealing also puts money into the pockets of cartels, who in turn murder people in droves, so it's not 'harmless', and blaming the government for that is just silly, nobody is forcing dope heads to buy drugs at all, much less from gangster vermin.

Except that pot dealing also puts money into the pockets of cartels, who in turn murder people in droves, so it's not 'harmless', and blaming the government for that is just silly, nobody is forcing dope heads to buy drugs at all, much less from gangster vermin.

I only blame the sellers and the buyers. What I'm saying is that it would be a terrible idea to take any deterrent away given the huge problem we have with dope in this country.

I was reading something about that online today, but it was so many hours ago, I'll try to say it went like this...There's this guy in China who produces an opioid so potent what would fit in a suitcase could take out everyone in a city the size of St. Louis in one day. So that got banned coming out of china, which is internationally banned, but its precursor chemicals are not banned. So the guy sends it in bulk to Mexico where it is converted into different concentrations when it adds the other ingredients to make it fentanyl as it was originally intended by the guy in China. The conversion is hit-and-miss, and can result in a product ten times greater than the many times greater fentanyl is over mere heroin. And Americans who buy the product often die, because It now all comes over from Mexico, who pipes it up here through coyotes who also have a tendency to rape little girls who were entrusted to the coyote who deals in lethal drugs for yankee people's decimation.

I consider this the death knell of the Democrat party that is more interested in getting rid of Donald Trump than it is about saving the lives of the illegals who are bounden in the overcrowded detainment centers. The the roof could come crashing down on the Democrats for criminalizing an innocent man who happens to the the President, so when their poisoning the well didn't work, they're now going to just say no to everything President Trump supports, starting with the illegals they're trying hard to deal with on the southern border of the USA.

That figure I posted of 90,000 does include fentanyl, and it is a huge problem. Of course a border wall would help, but Democrats would rather see dead Americans than to stop people invading this country.

Pot? That's a little different because very few people end up dead because of pot.

Yep. That's mostly what we're talking about.

Bernie's right. As a country, we are supposed to stand for freedom, yet we have more people in prison than any other nation.

That figure I posted of 90,000 does include fentanyl, and it is a huge problem. Of course a border wall would help, but Democrats would rather see dead Americans than to stop people invading this country.
Yep. You have a real point.

But what I do not and cannot wrap my mind around is the Democrat Party. Democrats today are acting only to spite somebody else. They've lost sight of what is best for the most and chase the dollar for justification of wild spending on pet rock stuff. That's not my definition of wise governace. Seeing the big picture and acting accordingly is.

That attitude of puerile spite bothers me. Just sayin'.

Pot? That's a little different because very few people end up dead because of pot.

Bernie's right. As a country, we are supposed to stand for freedom, yet we have more people in prison than any other nation.

Which means nothing, just that we prosecute criminals while many other countries don't; nobody in Islmao-Land goes to prison for stoning girls to death, or raping them, or disfiguring them. Only idiots will try and claim what we have is comparable to that or what goes on in most Asian and African countries, or in South American narco-states. It just a fake 'talking point' pulled out of some dope addled tard's ass and endlessly repeated so mentally lazy people can feel all 'sophisticated n stuff.

Yep. You have a real point.

But what I do not and cannot wrap my mind around is the Democrat Party. Democrats today are acting only to spite somebody else. They've lost sight of what is best for the most and chase the dollar for justification of wild spending on pet rock stuff. That's not my definition of wise governace. Seeing the big picture and acting accordingly is.

That attitude of puerile spite bothers me. Just sayin'.

You have to keep in mind the real goal of the Democrat party. It's the same as Republicans, and that is to expand the tent.

If we ever found a way to rid our country of government dependents and victims, the only time you'd hear of the Democrat party is in history books. Bernie wants to have opium dens like the 70's, and call that a solution to our problem. However all it does is pander to dope heads who are likely government dependents, and of course, will vote for Democrats every time. More people out of prison means more Democrat votes, because Democrat states are now allowing ex-cons to vote.

On the 2nd amendment front, if they are able to disarm society, we all become victims of the criminals. How do you fight big crime? The same way you fight big everything else, and that is with a bigger government.

Freedom doesn't mean breaking any laws you like. If you don't like people being locked up for something, that's not up to the President, the police, or the courts. That's up to our Congress.

Bernie yelped about the same thing last time running. Here is what Politifact found about his claims:

Prisoner data

What the figures show is that possession itself isn’t usually enough to land someone in jail. Rather, those sentenced to prison for marijuana offenses were typically found to be committing crimes more serious than just possessing marijuana (or "smoking" it, as Sanders put it). Often, this means selling it or trafficking it.

The Justice Department estimated that 3.6 percent of state inmates in 2013 had drug possession as their most serious offense. That includes possession charges for all drugs, not just marijuana.

Bernie Sanders says people are getting prison sentences for smoking marijuana

Which means nothing, just that we prosecute criminals while many other countries don't; nobody in Islmao-Land goes to prison for stoning girls to death, or raping them, or disfiguring them. Only idiots will try and claim what we have is comparable to that or what goes on in most Asian and African countries, or in South American narco-states. It just a fake 'talking point' pulled out of some dope addled tard's ass and endlessly repeated so mentally lazy people can feel all 'sophisticated n stuff.

Sure. Nothing to see here. Move along.

I'm routinely stunned by the way people will come up with excuses for authoritarian government.

Freedom doesn't mean breaking any laws you like. If you don't like people being locked up for something, that's not up to the President, the police, or the courts. That's up to our Congress.

Bernie yelped about the same thing last time running. Here is what Politifact found about his claims:

Prisoner data

What the figures show is that possession itself isn’t usually enough to land someone in jail. Rather, those sentenced to prison for marijuana offenses were typically found to be committing crimes more serious than just possessing marijuana (or "smoking" it, as Sanders put it). Often, this means selling it or trafficking it.

The Justice Department estimated that 3.6 percent of state inmates in 2013 had drug possession as their most serious offense. That includes possession charges for all drugs, not just marijuana.

Bernie Sanders says people are getting prison sentences for smoking marijuana

It's also a way to clear the streets of gangbangers when they can't get anything else on them.

Sure. Nothing to see here. Move along.

I'm routinely stunned by the way people will come up with excuses for authoritarian government.
So what do you 'libertarians' think is the more 'authoritarian', gangsters ruling your neighborhoods or police arresting violent street thugs of all sorts? See if you can go without smoking some meth or pot before you answer. You think narco states like Mexico and Columbia are 'freer' because they don't arrest hardly anybody for murder in the streets and other Fun Pastimes of the Stoner Biz Execs?

Democrats are insisting handing Trump 4 more years on a silver platter
their insanity isn't going to give voters any choice but to vote for Trump

Forum List

Back