Bernie Sanders unveils plan to boost broadband access, break up internet and cable titans

Those corporations are the Deep State...…

Did you vote any of those corporations into power?? Nope....so why should they be able to write policies for us? Because that is exactly what they do now....

I can not go to Target if I don't like target. I can not go to Mobil if i don't like Mobil. I can use Spectrum if I don't like Verizon.

Government I am stuck with.

It amazing how much power fools like you want in something that is becoming more and more unaccountable to the people it serves.
And if you stop being a party cheerleader, you can hold them accountable by voting them out....if you support candidates who actually support getting money out of politics, who actually support regulation against big pharma, big banks, big oil -- then come talk to me...

Right now, your apathy tells me you are A-OK with corporations writing our laws...

You elected them to write new laws. They’re letting corporations do it instead. – Center for Public Integrity

I live in a Democratic Controlled NYC. I vote Republican all the time. i am stuck with Dems because people accept the bullshit and chickenshit to get a few things they want.

At the federal level it is even worse because voting in someone who agrees with me will do NOTHING to remove the bloated federal bureaucracy that makes most of the boots on the ground rules I have issues with.

But keep railing against corporations, you blind moron. My sig covers my view on who the real enemy is.

And I would hope regulators would consult with the companies they are regulating. Should they rely on people who want to destroy said industries for all regulatory language and advice?
Of course government is the problem, but big corporations and big government have become one. We live in a oligarchic soft Fascist State. So condemning government is fine, but only one aspect of the problem.

So when are you running out and manning the barricades?
Never. Too old for that.

I do prefer the truth, even though it is most unsettling.

If I were king, I’d put an end to big government entirely. This would also have the beneficial effect of eliminating the enormous political power big corporations have attained.

The more Bernie makes these kinds of consumer oriented, egalitarian proposals designed to diffuse the concentration of corporate control..................the more money corps will spend to defeat him.

So we then give that power to the Deep State?

Did you vote any of those corporations into power?? Nope....so why should they be able to write policies for us? Because that is exactly what they do now....

I can not go to Target if I don't like target. I can not go to Mobil if i don't like Mobil. I can use Spectrum if I don't like Verizon.

It amazing how much power fools like you want in something that is becoming more and more unaccountable to the people it serves.
And if you stop being a party cheerleader, you can hold them accountable by voting them out....if you support candidates who actually support getting money out of politics, who actually support regulation against big pharma, big banks, big oil -- then come talk to me...

Right now, your apathy tells me you are A-OK with corporations writing our laws...

You elected them to write new laws. They’re letting corporations do it instead. – Center for Public Integrity

I live in a Democratic Controlled NYC. I vote Republican all the time. i am stuck with Dems because people accept the bullshit and chickenshit to get a few things they want.

At the federal level it is even worse because voting in someone who agrees with me will do NOTHING to remove the bloated federal bureaucracy that makes most of the boots on the ground rules I have issues with.

But keep railing against corporations, you blind moron. My sig covers my view on who the real enemy is.

And I would hope regulators would consult with the companies they are regulating. Should they rely on people who want to destroy said industries for all regulatory language and advice?
Of course government is the problem, but big corporations and big government have become one. We live in a oligarchic soft Fascist State. So condemning government is fine, but only one aspect of the problem.
Yup, you are exactly right...condemning government is more than fine -- but somehow, when folks start talking about the other aspect of the problem -- they get all defensive as if they are that corporation....

Funny thing is, I always thought the government was we the people of the people by the people.....corporations DO NOT have an allegiance to we the people...they are entities who exist to make profit, period.....

Yup, you are exactly right...condemning government is more than fine -- but somehow, when folks start talking about the other aspect of the problem -- they get all defensive as if they are that corporation....

Funny thing is, I always thought the government was we the people of the people by the people.....corporations DO NOT have an allegiance to we the people...they are entities who exist to make profit, period.....
Sadly many on the right are confused on this issue. Their dislike of government clouds their thinking.

Imagine if this huge omnipresent expensive government we have today, actually worked for the people rather than just the 1%. It would curtail the power corporations have and protect the people from the harms corporations cause.

Sadly many on the right are confused on this issue. Their dislike of government clouds their thinking.

Imagine if this huge omnipresent expensive government we have today, actually worked for the people rather than just the 1%. It would curtail the power corporations have and protect the people from the harms corporations cause.
It's not just the right...its also establishment democrats who gladly bend over for that corporate cash.....

That establishment political class is the reason Bloomberg feels he can skip the debates and 4 or 5 primaries because he knows he has the money to simply buy his way into a campaign for his own vanity project....

In fact, 2 or 3 billionaire candidates gladly pissed away tens of millions of dollars for their own vanity projects -- but complain a 2% tax increase on them is unsustainable....

Yes and imagine if the world was filled with Unicorns, fairy dust and an unlimited supply of chocolates that wouldn't make you fat....

... however history indicates that government inevitably grows to the point where it turns upon it's own citizens, not just "sometimes", EVERY time. Do you think that the American "rich & powerful" are the first group of plutocrats that figured out that the best way to accumulate and maintain a grip on wealth was to seize control of the machinery of the state?

Expecting government to protect "the people" from the rich & powerful interests that control it is like expecting the street gangs to protect people from violent crime.

Never has happened, not gonna start happening now.

Never. Too old for that.

If I were king, I’d put an end to big government entirely. This would also have the beneficial effect of eliminating the enormous political power big corporations have attained.

I am an Engineer by trade and education and prefer workable solutions that at least move towards a goal than wishing for the perfect end result.

And again I prefer people who lust for profit than those who lust for power.

Money is power you dumb ass....

Do you think they lust for profit as to not have power??

Do you think these corporations spend hundreds of millions on political campaigns because they don't want any influence (POWER)??

Your wealth worship isn't anything new tho….like I said, find you a political movement to get behind that campaigns on expansion of corporate power over all others...especially those of us who are not in the top 1%....

Never. Too old for that.

I am an Engineer by trade and education and prefer workable solutions that at least move towards a goal than wishing for the perfect end result.
I’m afraid you are the one dreaming.

Yes and imagine if the world was filled with Unicorns, fairy dust and an unlimited supply of chocolates that wouldn't make you fat....

... however history indicates that government inevitably grows to the point where it turns upon it's own citizens, not just "sometimes", EVERY time. Do you think that the American "rich & powerful" are the first group of plutocrats that figured out that the best way to accumulate and maintain a grip on wealth was to seize control of the machinery of the state?

Expecting government to protect "the people" from the rich & powerful interests that control it is like expecting the street gangs to protect people from violent crime.

Never has happened, not gonna start happening now.
You misunderstand me. I know full well our government as it stands today, will never do right by the people. Our government is a criminal enterprise. It is a racket the Mafia can only dream of.

when our government ignores the law of the land, ie the Constitution, which is has been doing for a long time, it can be described as a criminal enterprise. It needs a major adjustment.

Do you think these corporations spend hundreds of millions on political campaigns because they don't want any influence (POWER)??

Your wealth worship isn't anything new tho….like I said, find you a political movement to get behind that campaigns on expansion of corporate power over all others...especially those of us who are not in the top 1%....
Many Americans don’t know money equals political power. How their couldn’t know this is a testament to the power the elites have other public opinion.

The billionaires run the country and most of them are greedy ignorant bastards, who only care about their own.

Worshipping the wealthy is engrained in many Americans, to our own detriment. They may know how to get rich, but they know little else.

Bullshit. You assume what fits your twisted worldview.

I trust people out to make a buck far more than people out for power, or more importantly, power over others.

Greed has limits, thirst for power has none.
Meanwhile...how is that Trumpcare coming along??

Why no demands for Trump to have any solutions towards healthcare?

Why is it that the GOP was so depraved of any real solutions that they were campaigning on protecting Obamacare in 2018??

Because it actually favors their corporate lobbyists. Democrats wrote a law that funnels money to the insurance industry. You expect Republicans to repeal it?
I see only one faction of any party who is AGAINST corporate money buying politicians and dictating policy...

But I am sure you hate him too.....so can you tell me what Trump has done to fight against this funneling of money into any industry, let alone insurance??

I'm not a Trumpster. Try again.
Yes, you are....anyone who makes the dumb ass arguments in favor of corporate power that you do -- is a republican....aka, Trumper….

So, why don't you prove I'm a Trump supporter, douche bag? Go see if you can find one post where I'm expressing ANY support for Trump. And then when you fail, miserably, come back here and apologize.

Last edited:

Many Americans don’t know money equals political power.
Money and politics have merged because idiots like you keep promoting it. You think that government getting in bed with business will mean government controls business. Think again. Read history. Read the news. It doesn't work that way.

Last edited:

Never. Too old for that.

Nope.

Never. Too old for that.

Nope.

Yep.

Forum List

Back