Bernie Sanders unveils plan to boost broadband access, break up internet and cable titans

Yeah they give crumbs, while giving trillions to the 1%. We just can’t afford HC for all Americans, but we can afford trillion dollar wars and massive transfers of wealth to the rich.
Actually we can't afford either;

Health care is un-affordable because we're fat slobs that eat garbage and don't exercise thus creating demand for health care services that is outstripping supply.

We can't afford to keep being the policeman for the globe, because we simply cannot afford to pay the tab in blood & treasure, we only keep doing it because;

"War is the health of the state" -- Randolph Bourne

Bernie's plan would just end up being yet ANOTHER wealth transfer scheme from the lower echelons of the economic stratum to the upper because that's what federal government "programs" inevitably do. Government is the tool of the rich & the powerful, why would anyone want to voluntarily give it MORE POWER than it already has? At least the telecoms are constrained by competition, not as much as they would be without crony capitalism but still SOMEWHAT.

It’s the American Way.
It's the plutocrat way has been since the institution of the state was invented.
Can you imagine if Michelle Obama tried to encourage healthy eating habits among children by saying "we're fat slobs that eat garbage and don't exercise thus creating demand for health care services that is outstripping supply"??

..but she didn't say any of that shit you just said, but she did try to encourage healthy eating and exercise habits amongst young people -- and trumpers were still pissed about it....
Are you genetically incapable of just making a statement of fact without inserting some idiotic partisan reference or is it that you just don't know how?

Yes Michelle Obama had some worthwhile ideas about combating childhood obesity, unfortunately the situation continues to get worse not better.
I know you dic suckers hate memory...but if you wasn't cheerleading the demonizing of what she did because of your genetic inability to not be a partisan hack -- things would have got better....

But as usual with you dic suckers -- you will vote against your own interest if your cult leaders tell you to.....
ROFLMAO! Who are you talking about? When did I ever "demonize" what she did with respect to childhood obesity?

You mindless hyper-partisan lemmings are too incredibly wrapped up in your own fantasy world to even recognize the audience you're attempting to insult with your vapid nonsense.
Oh we are gonna play the whole "well I didn't personally demonize her for it" game??

But remain silent the whole 8 years about it....joined in on all the attacks you and republican circle jerk team-mates said about her pushing against childhood obesity..... -- so I could give a fuck about you coming after the fact to say "oh, yea, she had some good things..." FOH

Yes they should be broken up. Money is political power in our corrupt government. These huge corporations have enormous political power. They are influencing elections, not the Russians.

We need another Teddy Roosevelt to break up these big corporations. Alas, I’m dreaming.

So we then give that power to the Deep State?
Those corporations are the Deep State...…

Did you vote any of those corporations into power?? Nope....so why should they be able to write policies for us? Because that is exactly what they do now....

I can not go to Target if I don't like target. I can not go to Mobil if i don't like Mobil. I can use Spectrum if I don't like Verizon.

Government I am stuck with.

It amazing how much power fools like you want in something that is becoming more and more unaccountable to the people it serves.
And if you stop being a party cheerleader, you can hold them accountable by voting them out....if you support candidates who actually support getting money out of politics, who actually support regulation against big pharma, big banks, big oil -- then come talk to me...

Right now, your apathy tells me you are A-OK with corporations writing our laws...

You elected them to write new laws. They’re letting corporations do it instead. – Center for Public Integrity

I live in a Democratic Controlled NYC. I vote Republican all the time. i am stuck with Dems because people accept the bullshit and chickenshit to get a few things they want.

At the federal level it is even worse because voting in someone who agrees with me will do NOTHING to remove the bloated federal bureaucracy that makes most of the boots on the ground rules I have issues with.

But keep railing against corporations, you blind moron. My sig covers my view on who the real enemy is.

And I would hope regulators would consult with the companies they are regulating. Should they rely on people who want to destroy said industries for all regulatory language and advice?
I know you worship corporations...so why don't you advocate for total fascism and let the corporations write all policies....

Every 8 years, a different corporation gets to be in control......dic suckers like you would love it

Did you vote any of those corporations into power?? Nope....so why should they be able to write policies for us? Because that is exactly what they do now....

I can not go to Target if I don't like target. I can not go to Mobil if i don't like Mobil. I can use Spectrum if I don't like Verizon.

It amazing how much power fools like you want in something that is becoming more and more unaccountable to the people it serves.
And if you stop being a party cheerleader, you can hold them accountable by voting them out....if you support candidates who actually support getting money out of politics, who actually support regulation against big pharma, big banks, big oil -- then come talk to me...

Right now, your apathy tells me you are A-OK with corporations writing our laws...

You elected them to write new laws. They’re letting corporations do it instead. – Center for Public Integrity

I live in a Democratic Controlled NYC. I vote Republican all the time. i am stuck with Dems because people accept the bullshit and chickenshit to get a few things they want.

At the federal level it is even worse because voting in someone who agrees with me will do NOTHING to remove the bloated federal bureaucracy that makes most of the boots on the ground rules I have issues with.

But keep railing against corporations, you blind moron. My sig covers my view on who the real enemy is.

And I would hope regulators would consult with the companies they are regulating. Should they rely on people who want to destroy said industries for all regulatory language and advice?
I know you worship corporations...so why don't you advocate for total fascism and let the corporations write all policies....

Every 8 years, a different corporation gets to be in control......dic suckers like you would love it

Bullshit. You assume what fits your twisted worldview.

I trust people out to make a buck far more than people out for power, or more importantly, power over others.

Greed has limits, thirst for power has none.

That's pretty much where we're headed. It's where the policies you advocate will take us.

I trust people out to make a buck far more than people out for power, or more importantly, power over others.

Meanwhile...how is that Trumpcare coming along??

Why no demands for Trump to have any solutions towards healthcare?

Why is it that the GOP was so depraved of any real solutions that they were campaigning on protecting Obamacare in 2018??

Actually we can't afford either;

Health care is un-affordable because we're fat slobs that eat garbage and don't exercise thus creating demand for health care services that is outstripping supply.

We can't afford to keep being the policeman for the globe, because we simply cannot afford to pay the tab in blood & treasure, we only keep doing it because;

"War is the health of the state" -- Randolph Bourne

Bernie's plan would just end up being yet ANOTHER wealth transfer scheme from the lower echelons of the economic stratum to the upper because that's what federal government "programs" inevitably do. Government is the tool of the rich & the powerful, why would anyone want to voluntarily give it MORE POWER than it already has? At least the telecoms are constrained by competition, not as much as they would be without crony capitalism but still SOMEWHAT.

It's the plutocrat way has been since the institution of the state was invented.
Can you imagine if Michelle Obama tried to encourage healthy eating habits among children by saying "we're fat slobs that eat garbage and don't exercise thus creating demand for health care services that is outstripping supply"??

..but she didn't say any of that shit you just said, but she did try to encourage healthy eating and exercise habits amongst young people -- and trumpers were still pissed about it....
Are you genetically incapable of just making a statement of fact without inserting some idiotic partisan reference or is it that you just don't know how?

Yes Michelle Obama had some worthwhile ideas about combating childhood obesity, unfortunately the situation continues to get worse not better.
I know you dic suckers hate memory...but if you wasn't cheerleading the demonizing of what she did because of your genetic inability to not be a partisan hack -- things would have got better....

But as usual with you dic suckers -- you will vote against your own interest if your cult leaders tell you to.....
ROFLMAO! Who are you talking about? When did I ever "demonize" what she did with respect to childhood obesity?

You mindless hyper-partisan lemmings are too incredibly wrapped up in your own fantasy world to even recognize the audience you're attempting to insult with your vapid nonsense.
Oh we are gonna play the whole "well I didn't personally demonize her for it" game??
LOL, Yeah moron because you just tried to accuse me personally of "cheerleading the demonizing of what she did", despite the fact that you have no evidence of it.

That's how it works out here in the real world or did you forget what you posted already? :rolleyes:

But remain silent the whole 8 years about....joined in on all the attacks you and republican circle jerk team-mates said about her pushing against childhood obesity.....
LOL, Newsflash Buckwheat, I'm not a Republican, I despise Crime Family-R and all its denizens-R just as much as I despise the Crime Family and it's mindless morons that you're associated with.

Like I said you're too inane to even recognize the audience you're attempting insult.

Why is it that the GOP was so depraved of any real solutions that they were campaigning on protecting Obamacare in 2018??

Why does a solution require government meddling in something?

I had good healthcare before Obamacare, now it's not as good. I didn't get to keep my plan. I liked my plan.

Trump has proposed transparent pricing by hospitals, something the hospitals are fighting.

That'd pretty much where we're headed. It's where the policies you advocate will take us.
Aside from self-projection...

Can you tell me how being against corporations dictating our policy leads to fascism??

What leads to fascism is dic suckers like you and your useless apathy...if you feel nothing can be done, get the fuck out of the way and shut the fuck up...…

Everyone else isn't as cowardly as you are...

Because it actually favors their corporate lobbyists. Democrats wrote a law that funnels money to the insurance industry. You expect Republicans to repeal it?

LOL, Yeah moron because you just tried to accuse me personally of "cheerleading the demonizing of what she did", despite the fact that you have no evidence of it.

That's how it works out here in the real world or did you forget what you posted already? :rolleyes:

But remain silent the whole 8 years about....joined in on all the attacks you and republican circle jerk team-mates said about her pushing against childhood obesity.....
LOL, Newsflash Buckwheat, I'm not a Republican, I despise Crime Family-R and all its denizens-R just as much as I despise the Crime Family and it's mindless morons that you're associated with.

Like I said you're too inane to even recognize the audience you're attempting insult.
Name a policy being pushed by conservatives that expands or reinforces what Michelle was advocating??

I'll wait

That'd pretty much where we're headed. It's where the policies you advocate will take us.

Can you tell me how being against corporations dictating our policy leads to fascism??

Because you don't understand how corporations dictate policy. And because of that, you're proposing policies that actually feed their dominance.

Because it actually favors their corporate lobbyists. Democrats wrote a law that funnels money to the insurance industry. You expect Republicans to repeal it?
I see only one faction of any party who is AGAINST corporate money buying politicians and dictating policy...

But I am sure you hate him too.....so can you tell me what Trump has done to fight against this funneling of money into any industry, let alone insurance??

I see only one faction of any party who is AGAINST corporate money buying politicians and dictating policy...

But I am sure you hate him too.....so can you tell me what Trump has done to fight against this funneling of money into any industry, let alone insurance??

I'm not a Trumpster. Try again.

Because you don't understand how corporations dictate policy. And because of that, you're proposing policies that actually feed their dominance.
Still waiting for these solutions that the conservatives are pushing.....can you list them please instead of telling me what I don't understand...because I can back up my position with policies...can you?

Or does being apathetic protect you from having to stand on any solutions

Yes, you are....anyone who makes the dumb ass arguments in favor of corporate power that you do -- is a republican....aka, Trumper….

and I predict in the next 5 or 6 more pages of comments from trumpers whining like bitches....not one of them will be able to give you one single solution, one single policy position...

But will spend eternity bitching and complaining about Bernie, because bitching and complaining is what they do...

Name a policy being pushed by conservatives that expands or reinforces what Michelle was advocating??
I'll wait
There aren't any conservative specific policies that I'm aware of:yourpointsmile:

Oh I forget you're a confused cretin and thus your posts are entirely point, fact and insight free, apparently you just post to give all the voices in your head an outlet to further pollute the Internet with insipid commentary.

Yes, you are....anyone who makes the dumb ass arguments in favor of corporate power that you do -- is a republican....aka, Trumper….

Heh.. sure man. Hang with those delusions. Literally.

Yes they should be broken up. Money is political power in our corrupt government. These huge corporations have enormous political power. They are influencing elections, not the Russians.

We need another Teddy Roosevelt to break up these big corporations. Alas, I’m dreaming.

Of course government is the problem, but big corporations and big government have become one. We live in a oligarchic soft Fascist State. So condemning government is fine, but only one aspect of the problem.

Of course government is the problem, but big corporations and big government have become one. We live in a oligarchic soft Fascist State. So condemning government is fine, but only one aspect of the problem.

So when are you running out and manning the barricades?

Forum List

Back