Ben Carson to an Atheist

It took billions of years for evolution to produce the some of the species alive today. Dinosaurs had come and gone before man evolved....from a common ancestor to the apes. We share a very high percentage of our DNA with apes. The common ancestor had to be an earlier version of ape.

I understand a lot of people believe this but I can't accept things on faith. We have ZERO evidence that any "common ancestor" exists for anything outside it's genus. An ape is not a homo sapien. An ape heart doesn't work in a human, it doesn't care that the DNA is similar. By the way, we share a high percentage of DNA with cabbage... do we also have a common ancestor? DNA is a very complex three dimensional coding for every living thing. It defines every aspect of what something is or ever becomes. In terms of history we just recently discovered DNA, there is MUCH we do not know. To speculate that because some DNA coding looks similar to other DNA coding, and this proves we came from "common ancestors" is ludicrous and NOT science at all.

And drinking simulated blood and believing we were all made complete out of a handful of dirt is so much more logical.

It took billions of years for evolution to produce the some of the species alive today. Dinosaurs had come and gone before man evolved....from a common ancestor to the apes. We share a very high percentage of our DNA with apes. The common ancestor had to be an earlier version of ape.

I understand a lot of people believe this but I can't accept things on faith. We have ZERO evidence that any "common ancestor" exists for anything outside it's genus. An ape is not a homo sapien. An ape heart doesn't work in a human, it doesn't care that the DNA is similar. By the way, we share a high percentage of DNA with cabbage... do we also have a common ancestor? DNA is a very complex three dimensional coding for every living thing. It defines every aspect of what something is or ever becomes. In terms of history we just recently discovered DNA, there is MUCH we do not know. To speculate that because some DNA coding looks similar to other DNA coding, and this proves we came from "common ancestors" is ludicrous and NOT science at all.
Maybe we're closer to pigs. Their heart parts work in humans....occasionally.

And drinking simulated blood and believing we were all made complete out of a handful of dirt is so much more logical.
Symbolism is beyond your comprehension?

Everything came from dust....cosmic dust.

Symbolism is beyond your comprehension?

Everything came from dust....cosmic dust.

So you don't think the bible is literally true? Bad Christian!

It's interesting to note, in current abiogenetic theory-- life originated from moisture present in the clay of early earth.Now, I don't know about that, it's one of over 120 theories regarding abiogenesis... so who knows? But it's almost eerie to me-- If you were somehow charged with going back in time and explaining this process to the earliest man, something with the science literacy of an average dog or cat... how would you go about that? Suddenly, "He spat in the dust" is not all that wacky.

Who would know better how to fix the health care system?
The lawyers we have now don't have a clue as to what they are doing.
They know nothing about how to run health care or how businesses are run.
So far, his healthcare proposals have been far from impressive and demonstrate a lack of compassion

What do you mean lack of compassion?

His plans are weak when it comes to healthcare for the poor and those without employer health coverage

Everything should not be done by the Government.
Especially health care.
Better that your boss be allowed to make your healthcare choices for you

No that was wrong to do also.
Free market and free clinics work better. It's being done around different areas of the country and is working very well.

So far, his healthcare proposals have been far from impressive and demonstrate a lack of compassion

His plans are weak when it comes to healthcare for the poor and those without employer health coverage

Especially health care.

Free market and free clinics work better. It's being done around different areas of the country and is working very well.

Works fine for a case of the sniffles

But if you need to be hospitalized, you need serious insurance. Why do we trust our employer to decide the quality of insurance and coverage we can have?

Especially health care.

But if you need to be hospitalized, you need serious insurance. Why do we trust our employer to decide the quality of insurance and coverage we can have?

Yes and free market is the way to go.
Competition has always worked better and kept costs down.

Umm...evolution doesnt say humans came from monkeys. This guy's a Doctor?

Damn the atheist in this thread are sure butt hurt....

You can believe all you want you are monkeys...

:)

But I was created by God.

Especially health care.

Yes and free market is the way to go.
Competition has always worked better and kept costs down.

I agree...it would bring down the costs of prescriptions and common procedures
Many Americans will travel abroad to get surgery at low cost....medical tourism

But do you feel comfortable having to rely on your employer to select your health insurance?

Forum List

Back