Beer, Cigarettes & Marijuana -- What's the difference?

If you want to get down to "facts" on this subject, none of the three things mentioned are any good for you the way MOST people actually use them. To see them go on and on about the burden they bear from the laws is quite immature and selfish as near as I can see.

Actually most people who smoke pot only do it a few times a month. I fail to see how that can be harmful.

If you want to get down to "facts" on this subject, none of the three things mentioned are any good for you the way MOST people actually use them. To see them go on and on about the burden they bear from the laws is quite immature and selfish as near as I can see.

Your handle is 'saveliberty' - what a fucking hypocrite you are. What you mean is "save MY liberty and FUCK everyone else's"

Sometimes selfishness isn't a vice.

Your handle is 'saveliberty' - what a fucking hypocrite you are. What you mean is "save MY liberty and FUCK everyone else's"
Such is the credo of the fundy.

Yes how dare they want to choose whether to put things into their own body, what do those people think they deserve liberty or something?

Gee, no one died from a fire, slip and fall, bicycle, bear or any number of other things not included on your list. Wonder how many people were high when they died in the car accident, were hunting with a firearm or used another drug in conjunction with marijuana?

That's the problem with statistics. Most of the time, people who are smoking pot are also doing other drugs, including alcohol. That's why the statistics here are almost completely meaningless. Except the obvious one - no person EVER has died of an overdose of marijuana.

The fact of the matter is that marijuana is significantly less dangerous a drug than alcohol or cigarettes - and the fact that it is illegal while the others are not is due not to facts about the drug, but other political maneuvering.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

paper industry

And Standard Oil.

Why are two of the above legal but the one isn't?
- 75000 die a year from alcohol related incidents.
- 0 die a year from Marijuana related incidents.
Why the hell can you drink as much alcohol as you want in America but a person can't smoke a joint without worrying about doing jail time? Simple question, please answer to the point.

Get your facts straight and then maybe we can talk. No one died from a marijuana related incident? Really? Link please.
You know differently (...you know...besides expecting someone to prove a negative... :rolleyes: )??

Link please.​

Get your facts straight and then maybe we can talk. No one died from a marijuana related incident? Really? Link please.

Ok, since you seem to know what the number is, please provide. This is where I got my info: Annual Causes of Death in the United States | Drug War Facts

i knew a dude that was stoned and fell to his death....i am sure weed is harmless....i mean how could a drug harm you....
I'm pretty-certain those sudden-stops have a little-more to do with Death, than any Pot-smoking.

:rolleyes:

What do cigarettes have to do with this? Are you claiming they are also a perception altering substance??

No. But cigarettes do cause 435,000 deaths a year.

But how many people die from "cigarette related incidents"??
New to the subject, are you?

"Each year, a staggering 440,000 people die in the US from tobacco use. Nearly 1 of every 5 deaths is related to smoking. Cigarettes kill more Americans than alcohol, car accidents, suicide, AIDS, homicide, and illegal drugs combined."

It seems to me that lots of people want to justify their addiction to marijuana by saying it's harmless, or less harmful than alcohol or cigarettes. Simply put, lie to yourselves if you must - take whatever drug you feel inclined to.... but.... don't affect me and mine. I'm sick and tired of my family being impacted by the selfish stupidity of others. You want to affect your brain, body and kill yourselves. Absolutely fine and dandy. Just don't kill someone else while your doing it. Thanks.

Gee, no one died from a fire, slip and fall, bicycle, bear or any number of other things not included on your list. Wonder how many people were high when they died in the car accident, were hunting with a firearm or used another drug in conjunction with marijuana?

The fact of the matter is that marijuana is significantly less dangerous a drug than alcohol or cigarettes - and the fact that it is illegal while the others are not is due not to facts about the drug, but other political maneuvering.
i.e. bu$ine$$ (...and, garden-variety racism, an ol' "conservative"-fave)....as-usual.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvUgJEhQ5cY]YouTube - Grass, A Marijuana History - Narrated by Woody Harrelson#Part1#[/ame]​

That's the problem with statistics. Most of the time, people who are smoking pot are also doing other drugs, including alcohol. That's why the statistics here are almost completely meaningless. Except the obvious one - no person EVER has died of an overdose of marijuana.

Agree 100%. In fact, the number 1 lobbyist in Washington DC against the use of medical marijuana is in fact, the pharmacutical industry in this country--that has bought and paid for decades of propoganda against a completely organic plant.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap2:

Jonik-Marijuana-User.GIF

What do cigarettes have to do with this? Are you claiming they are also a perception altering substance??

They are.

Subtly, yes. But they do - if they didn't, why would someone get addicted to cigarettes?

I have friends that claim they are addicted to chocolate. Is this also a perception altering substance?
Ya' gotta get-out, more......

99ad793509a05e6764781110.L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The perfect-book for the half-witted/Just-Say-No! Nancy-disciple.​

It's also necessary to consider that marijuana-related illnesses and incidents (such as traffic accidents) are usually just lumped into the stats for other substances. The stats for the health effects of tobacco, for example, are derived from statistics on a variety of health problems linked to tobacco, whether the sufferer actually smoked or not. This means that if long-term marijuana smoking DID cause lung cancer and emphysemia, we'd never know because it would just be labeled a "smoking-related death" and left at that.

Likewise, people DO get in traffic accidents under the influence of marijuana for the same reasons they do with alcohol: both of them screw with your reaction time and judgement ability.
.....But, go ahead....let's see your's!!

:eusa_whistle:

Agree 100%. In fact, the biggest lobbyist in Washington DC against the use of medical marijuana is in fact, the pharmacutical industry in this country--that has bought and paid for decades of propoganda against a completely organic plant.

This while they're PUSHING on us all their new drugs which is the primary reason why our medical insurance rates have gone through the roof. New drugs for restless leg syndrome, and all of the other syndromes, including erectile dysnfunction. You get a 10 second description of what this new pill is for, then a 45 second warning of the side effects, which include: death, suicidal thoughts, weight gain, musle and joint pain, etc. etc. ect. Yet--the Federal Government still does not recognize an organic plant--with no long term side effects-while we're spending billions of dollars each year to prosecute and lock up the marijuana user.

Of course, all of this paranoia over something you could grow in your backyard that could wipe out half of your medicine cabinet.

Our Federal GOVERNMENT at work!!!:clap2: Did I forget to mention that I am a conservative--and active tea party member?

What the smuck does "organic" have to do with anything? Nightshade and hemlock are both "organic", but they'll still kill you.
You surely-do ask a lotta questions.

Ya' ever do your OWN research?????

They are.

Subtly, yes. But they do - if they didn't, why would someone get addicted to cigarettes?

I have friends that claim they are addicted to chocolate. Is this also a perception altering substance?

If cigarettes are in the same rank as marijuana & alcohol, can you provide me with the numbers for drivers convicted of driving under the influence of tobacco???

You're right--prohibition has never worked in this country. We witnessed that in the 1930's. Americans were making bath tub liquor. The Government realised that it was fruitless to pursue and incarcerate people who wanted to drink alcohol--and then decided to regulate it. Meaning tax it.
....AND, apply the same rules (for Pot) as beer & wine; you can grow your own - No Sales!

(That should take-care o' the ol' criminal-elements, profiting from sales justification for Prohibition).​

Forum List

Back