Beer, Cigarettes & Marijuana -- What's the difference?

They are.

Subtly, yes. But they do - if they didn't, why would someone get addicted to cigarettes?

I have friends that claim they are addicted to chocolate. Is this also a perception altering substance?

If cigarettes are in the same rank as marijuana & alcohol, can you provide me with the numbers for drivers convicted of driving under the influence of tobacco???

Actually, chocolate is absolutely a "perception altering substance".

Phenethylamine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And, no - I clearly did NOT put cigarettes on the same rank as marijuana and alcohol in terms of "perception alteration".

That's why we see all those chocomoms cashing their welfare checks for Hershey bars and letting their kids starve.

I have friends that claim they are addicted to chocolate. Is this also a perception altering substance?

If cigarettes are in the same rank as marijuana & alcohol, can you provide me with the numbers for drivers convicted of driving under the influence of tobacco???

And, no - I clearly did NOT put cigarettes on the same rank as marijuana and alcohol in terms of "perception alteration".

That's why we see all those chocomoms cashing their welfare checks for Hershey bars and letting their kids starve.

Are you attempting to make a point?

What do cigarettes have to do with this? Are you claiming they are also a perception altering substance??

They are.

Subtly, yes. But they do - if they didn't, why would someone get addicted to cigarettes?

You're right--prohibition has never worked in this country. We witnessed that in the 1930's. Americans were making bath tub liquor. The Government realised that it was fruitless to pursue and incarcerate people who wanted to drink alcohol--and then decided to regulate it. Meaning tax it.

Today--marijuana recreational use is second and second only to alcohol. It's not near as dangerous or as addictive as alcohol or tobacco. Yet--it's still illegal. We spend billions each year for DEA enforcement--who primarily go after marijuana--when we do have serious problems--with crack/cocain/herion and our worst hideous drug meth.

It's time to lay off of marijuana--stop spending money on prosecution and incarceration--and go after the illegal substances that really do harm to our society.

Last edited:

Are you attempting to make a point?

That you're a moron.
But you demonstrate that better than I ever could.

Why are two of the above legal but the one isn't?
- 75000 die a year from alcohol related incidents.
- 0 die a year from Marijuana related incidents.
Why the hell can you drink as much alcohol as you want in America but a person can't smoke a joint without worrying about doing jail time? Simple question, please answer to the point.

What do cigarettes have to do with this? Are you claiming they are also a perception altering substance??

They are.

Nice qualifier. Must explain why i get falling down drunk on 2 shots, but can smoke 3 cartons and still drive half a country away.

That's the problem with statistics. Most of the time, people who are smoking pot are also doing other drugs, including alcohol. That's why the statistics here are almost completely meaningless. Except the obvious one - no person EVER has died of an overdose of marijuana.

The fact of the matter is that marijuana is significantly less dangerous a drug than alcohol or cigarettes - and the fact that it is illegal while the others are not is due not to facts about the drug, but other political maneuvering.

Agree 100%. In fact, the biggest lobbyist in Washington DC against the use of medical marijuana is in fact, the pharmacutical industry in this country--that has bought and paid for decades of propoganda against a completely organic plant.

This while they're PUSHING on us all their new drugs which is the primary reason why our medical insurance rates have gone through the roof. New drugs for restless leg syndrome, and all of the other syndromes, including erectile dysnfunction. You get a 10 second description of what this new pill is for, then a 45 second warning of the side effects, which include: death, suicidal thoughts, weight gain, musle and joint pain, etc. etc. ect. Yet--the Federal Government still does not recognize an organic plant--with no long term side effects-while we're spending billions of dollars each year to prosecute and lock up the marijuana user.

Of course, all of this paranoia over something you could grow in your backyard that could wipe out half of your medicine cabinet.

Our Federal GOVERNMENT at work!!!:clap2: Did I forget to mention that I am a conservative--and active tea party member?

What the smuck does "organic" have to do with anything? Nightshade and hemlock are both "organic", but they'll still kill you.

Then, of course--you have a link to anyone--over the decades that has ended up in one of our emergency rooms because of an overdose of marijuana--or one that has died of some kind of lung disease--over long term use of it.

Then maybe--you'll show some credibility.

The facts are: That our forefathers were fined if they did not grow marijuana plants--whose bi-products were used for rope and tents. George Washinton's main crop was the marijuana plant--and our Declaration Of Independence is written on hemp paper.

Last edited:

They are.

Nice qualifier. Must explain why i get falling down drunk on 2 shots, but can smoke 3 cartons and still drive half a country away.

That would be why I put the qualifier there. Of course it's not the same. I never claimed that it was. But medically, yes nicotine is a mood-altering drug.

2 shots? You're a lightweight.

They are.

That would be why I put the qualifier there. Of course it's not the same. I never claimed that it was. But medically, yes nicotine is a mood-altering drug.

Only drink at weddings & funerals. And then, only when toasting.

Only drink at weddings & funerals. And then, only when toasting.

To each their own.

I like my scotch.

Agree 100%. In fact, the biggest lobbyist in Washington DC against the use of medical marijuana is in fact, the pharmacutical industry in this country--that has bought and paid for decades of propoganda against a completely organic plant.

This while they're PUSHING on us all their new drugs which is the primary reason why our medical insurance rates have gone through the roof. New drugs for restless leg syndrome, and all of the other syndromes, including erectile dysnfunction. You get a 10 second description of what this new pill is for, then a 45 second warning of the side effects, which include: death, suicidal thoughts, weight gain, musle and joint pain, etc. etc. ect. Yet--the Federal Government still does not recognize an organic plant--with no long term side effects-while we're spending billions of dollars each year to prosecute and lock up the marijuana user.

Of course, all of this paranoia over something you could grow in your backyard that could wipe out half of your medicine cabinet.

Our Federal GOVERNMENT at work!!!:clap2: Did I forget to mention that I am a conservative--and active tea party member?

What the smuck does "organic" have to do with anything? Nightshade and hemlock are both "organic", but they'll still kill you.

Then, of course--you have a link to anyone--over the decades that has ended up in one of our emergency rooms because of an overdose of marijuana--or one that has died of some kind of lung disease--over long term use of it.

The facts are: That our forefathers were fined if they did not grow marijuana plants--whose bi-products were used for rope and tents. George Washinton's main crop was the marijuana plant--and our declaration of independence is written on hemp paper.

Yawn.
This took all of 15 seconds. The internet is great.
Marijuana Smokers Face Rapid Lung Destruction -- As Much As 20 Years Ahead Of Tobacco Smokers

If you want to get down to "facts" on this subject, none of the three things mentioned are any good for you the way MOST people actually use them. To see them go on and on about the burden they bear from the laws is quite immature and selfish as near as I can see.

If you want to get down to "facts" on this subject, none of the three things mentioned are any good for you the way MOST people actually use them. To see them go on and on about the burden they bear from the laws is quite immature and selfish as near as I can see.

Most things are not good for people the way they use them. That is an insane measure of what should and should not be legal.

They are.

It's a well known fact that nicotine is the MOST addictive drug--out of any other narcotic--including heroin-crack/cocain or meth.

Last edited:

The point is--when exactly do you want to STOP spending billions of tax payer dollars in a fruitless effort to save people from themselves?--:cuckoo:

It's a well known fact that nicotine is the MOST addictive drug--out of any other narcotic--including heroin, crack/cocain.

But does it cause perception alteration to the point where you can cause harm to others like alcohol and marijuana can?? That was the point of this thread, wasn't it??

/sigh...

Even as a Monthly/Social Weed smoker it's ridiculous to say there are 0 deaths caused by Weed..

I know 1 person who has actually gotten severely injured under the use of Pot.. Not to mention the people i know telling me stories about people who have died under the use.

Thanks for playing the Ignorant game, come back next week for more.

The facts are: That our forefathers were fined if they did not grow marijuana plants--whose bi-products were used for rope and tents. George Washinton's main crop was the marijuana plant--and our declaration of independence is written on hemp paper.

Yawn.
This took all of 15 seconds. The internet is great.
Marijuana Smokers Face Rapid Lung Destruction -- As Much As 20 Years Ahead Of Tobacco Smokers

Yeah--I figured you would link up to another site--that was paid for by big pharmacutical--congrats. Kind of like looking at global warming stats--LOL.

You still have not brought up the NAME of one single individual that has ended up in the emergency room--and or that has actually DIED of long term use of marijuana.

Just to let you know people have been smoking marijuana for centuries.

Last edited:
/sigh...

Even as a Monthly/Social Weed smoker it's ridiculous to say there are 0 deaths caused by Weed..

I know 1 person who has actually gotten severely injured under the use of Pot.. Not to mention the people i know telling me stories about people who have died under the use.

Thanks for playing the Ignorant game, come back next week for more.

If there were someone/anyone that the Federal Government and the Pharmacutical industry could get a name on that actually died from long term use of marijuana--they would have a 24/7 advertisement against it. You know it--I know it.

As far as you know someone that got "severely injured"--give me a freaking break. Now go talk to your drunk neighbor that fell off of his porch and broke his leg last weekend---:lol::lol:

Last edited:

It's a well known fact that nicotine is the MOST addictive drug--out of any other narcotic--including heroin, crack/cocain.

But does it cause perception alteration to the point where you can cause harm to others like alcohol and marijuana can?? That was the point of this thread, wasn't it??

The answer to your question:

Ask any cop: Do you have more problems with alcohol related crime or marijuana users?

I think you already know the answer to this.

The death on our highways related to alcohol are extreme. The domestic violence related to alcohol are extreme.

It may interest you to know that marijuana was actually legal in the United States on two different occassions. The first being the early 1900's-and then up until WW2 when the war department realised that U.S. soldiers weren't nearly as agressive toward the enemy after smoking MMJ. Since then--it's been illegal.

Currently there are 14 states in this nation that have medical marijuana approval with another 14 states on the verge of approving it. Meaning that over half of this nation will have some kind of medical marijuana approval. Now--you know nothings may continue to want to throw billions of federal tax dollars at chasing down offenders--in a futile effort--to stem a tide that has become the mother height of all incoming Tsunami's--but not me.

I would prefer that our hard earned tax dollars go somewhere else--if only--simply to pay down this enormous deficit.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back