Beer, Cigarettes & Marijuana -- What's the difference?

I don't think marijuana is safe; holding smoke in your lungs can't be healthy; but it's called freedom and personal responsibility, too many can't wrap their heads around that.

What the smuck does "organic" have to do with anything? Nightshade and hemlock are both "organic", but they'll still kill you.

Then, of course--you have a link to anyone--over the decades that has ended up in one of our emergency rooms because of an overdose of marijuana--or one that has died of some kind of lung disease--over long term use of it.

Then maybe--you'll show some credibility.

The facts are: That our forefathers were fined if they did not grow marijuana plants--whose bi-products were used for rope and tents. George Washinton's main crop was the marijuana plant--and our declaration of independence is written on hemp paper.

Yawn.
This took all of 15 seconds. The internet is great.
Marijuana Smokers Face Rapid Lung Destruction -- As Much As 20 Years Ahead Of Tobacco Smokers

Keep searchin', Skippy!!!

If you want to get down to "facts" on this subject, none of the three things mentioned are any good for you the way MOST people actually use them.
Agreed!!

Even Willy's moved-on to using a Vaporizer.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU-Prh3F0jQ]YouTube - WILLIE NELSON SMOKED WEED BEFORE HIS INTERVIEW WITH LARRY KING!!![/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iqhPUfODNU[/ame]​

/sigh...

Even as a Monthly/Social Weed smoker it's ridiculous to say there are 0 deaths caused by Weed..

I know 1 person who has actually gotten severely injured under the use of Pot.. Not to mention the people i know telling me stories about people who have died under the use.
There are unlimited sources for bullshit....if you look long-and-hard-enough.

FAUX Noise would be a good start.​

Then, of course--you have a link to anyone--over the decades that has ended up in one of our emergency rooms because of an overdose of marijuana--or one that has died of some kind of lung disease--over long term use of it.

The facts are: That our forefathers were fined if they did not grow marijuana plants--whose bi-products were used for rope and tents. George Washinton's main crop was the marijuana plant--and our declaration of independence is written on hemp paper.

Yawn.
Marijuana Smokers Face Rapid Lung Destruction -- As Much As 20 Years Ahead Of Tobacco Smokers

That study was conducted with a sample of 10 patients. This is not a misprint.
Bullous lung disease due to marijuana

HII SW, TAM JDC, THOMPSON BR, NAUGHTON MT. Respirology 2008; 13: 122-127 Background and objective: 

In contrast to the well-described effects of tobacco smoking upon pulmonary emphysema, with ∼15% of smokers being affected at the age of 65 years, the effects of marijuana smoking are rarely reported and poorly understood. Methods: 

We report a series of 10 patients (mean age 41 ± 9 years, eight male, two female), who presented over a period of 12 months to our respiratory unit with new respiratory symptoms, and who admitted to regular chronic marijuana smoking (>1 year continuously). Symptoms on presentation were dyspnoea (n = 4), pneumothorax (n = 4) and chest infection (n = 2). Results: 

Would suck to be one of them.

Yawn.

Yeah--I figured you would link up to another site--that was paid for by big pharmacutical--congrats. Kind of like looking at global warming stats--LOL.

You still have not brought up the NAME of one single individual that has ended up in the emergency room--and or that has actually DIED of long term use of marijuana.
Factoids, like that, are usually covered with "Everybody knows....".

:rolleyes:

Yawn.

Yeah--I figured you would link up to another site--that was paid for by big pharmacutical--congrats. Kind of like looking at global warming stats--LOL.

You still have not brought up the NAME of one single individual that has ended up in the emergency room--and or that has actually DIED of long term use of marijuana.

Just to let you know people have been smoking marijuana for centuries.

People have been smoking tobacco for centuries too.

So a study that "only" has 10 people is not credible. But unless I can find the name of ONE person who died the argument isn't credible either??
How much have you been smoking, junior?

It's a well known fact that nicotine is the MOST addictive drug--out of any other narcotic--including heroin, crack/cocain.

But does it cause perception alteration to the point where you can cause harm to others like alcohol and marijuana can?? That was the point of this thread, wasn't it??

The answer to your question:

Ask any cop: Do you have more problems with alcohol related crime or marijuana users?

I think you already know the answer to this.
Even a lot o' COPS (finally) "get it".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icoYTCIhXGY]YouTube - Cops Say Legalize Drugs![/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0hV2jRAduc&feature=related]YouTube - Former Fed Tells CNN Why Drugs Must Be Legalized[/ame]​

/sigh...

Even as a Monthly/Social Weed smoker it's ridiculous to say there are 0 deaths caused by Weed..

I know 1 person who has actually gotten severely injured under the use of Pot.. Not to mention the people i know telling me stories about people who have died under the use.

Thanks for playing the Ignorant game, come back next week for more.

If there were someone/anyone that the Federal Government and the Pharmacutical industry could get a name on that actually died from long term use of marijuana--they would have a 24/7 advertisement against it. You know it--I know it.

As far as you know someone that got "severely injured"--give me a freaking break. Now go talk to your drunk neighbor that fell off of his porch and broke his leg---:lol::lol:

Ignorance at it's best.

Sure, no one has died due to Overdose.. But being under the effect of it? Sure.. I've been there, saw it myself.

So you've decided not to participate.

No prob.

Ya' got any problem with lettin' everyone-else makin' that decision, for themselves?​

Why are two of the above legal but the one isn't?
- 75000 die a year from alcohol related incidents.
- 0 die a year from Marijuana related incidents.
Why the hell can you drink as much alcohol as you want in America but a person can't smoke a joint without worrying about doing jail time? Simple question, please answer to the point.

WRONG!!!!!

Factor in how many thugs are killed in drug deals gone bad, and you'll have the correct number of weed related deaths.
....Yeah....related to PROHIBITION!!

But does it cause perception alteration to the point where you can cause harm to others like alcohol and marijuana can?? That was the point of this thread, wasn't it??

The answer to your question:

Ask any cop: Do you have more problems with alcohol related crime or marijuana users?

I think you already know the answer to this.

I was one for 8 years in Atlanta. I'll answer it.

The total number of problems from alcohol users and weed users? About the same. True, 99% of DUI's are from alcohol. Seldom if ever from weed. Sometimes heroin, crack, prescrips, etc. DUI is an alcohol problem, no doubt.

But, you said "problems", not DUI's. Problems stemming from weed use include unemployment, car break ins, larceny, burglary, shoplifting, etc. Basically stealing shit to get money because they can't keep a job.

So, I basically think weed makes you more of whatever you already are. Lazy, smart, criminal, theif, artist, whatever.

Why the hell can you drink as much alcohol as you want in America but a person can't smoke a joint without worrying about doing jail time? Simple question, please answer to the point.

Get your facts straight and then maybe we can talk. No one died from a marijuana related incident? Really? Link please.

Can you link us to any site that documents death by marijuana?

His assertion was based on a lack of evidence to the contrary.

But if you have evidence that refutes his, I'd like to see it, please.

What do cigarettes have to do with this? Are you claiming they are also a perception altering substance??

lol of course they are

nicotine's mood-altering effects are different by report: in particular it is both a stimulant and a relaxant.
....Much like alcohol.

Initially, it's a stimulant (I always figured your body was workin' to eliminate it), and, then.....a depressant (when your body says...."Aw, screw it! I've had enough.").​

Some thoughts on the legalization of marijuana:
1. There exists an untapped black market of marijuana in the billions of dollars
2. Enforcement of laws against the possession and use of marijuana are costly
3. As was pointed out above, people under the influence of MJ are rarely violent, the same is not true of those under the influence of alcohol.
4. MJ is a schedule I drug, therefore it has (per the definition of Schedule I) no medical value; because MJ is a schedule I drug clinical trials have been few and far between.
5. Those who really support states rights, support the reclassification of MJ to the same status as alcohol and nicotine...regulated by the state.
6. Wiith the ability to tax, federal and state government could generate substantial revenue if MJ were reclassified.
7. All in all the war on drugs is an abject failure.
8. As noted above, MJ is not addictive, though it is habit forming. Alcohol and nicotine are addictive.
9. The alcohol and big pharma lobby is opposed to removing MJ from schedule I.
And, 10, as usual ignorance & ideology limit an intelligent debate on the issue.

The difference between alcohol tobacco and marijuana?

Serious alcohol and tobacco habits are more expensive that being a stoner, for one thing.

And this despite the fact that majiuna is illegal and tobacco and alcohol are not.

So for those of you stoners who think that legalization and taxation are a good thing?

Consider it carefully.

It's a really good thing if stoners are allowed to grow their own without taxation.

Last edited:
why are two of the above legal but the one isn't?
- 0 die a year from marijuana related incidents.
Why the hell can you drink as much alcohol as you want in america but a person can't smoke a joint without worrying about doing jail time? Simple question, please answer to the point.

wrong!!!!!

Factor in how many thugs are killed in drug deals gone bad, and you'll have the correct number of weed related deaths.

:lol::lol::lol:

So if someone was shot during a bank robbery i get to blame it on money?
bingo!!!!!!!!!!

*facepalm*

The connection between marijuana (smoking) and cancer is well-established
....Maybe by FAUX Noise.....but, they lie about everything.

Forum List

Back