Beck says to abolish public schools.

Support Vouchers. Support homeschooling. Encourage private schools. It's not really rocket science.

Ha!

If you abolish the public school system, and yet keep education compulsory, then you'd have the government forcing people to buy a service from a private company,

which you wingnuts say is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Reconcile that!

Ready! Go!!

If you abolish the public school system, and yet keep education compulsory

It's only compulsory right now in the sense that a child is in a public or private school building, or their parent does the proper paperwork to demonstrate the child is home schooled.

Education plays no role in any of this.

If you abolish the public school system, and yet keep education compulsory

It's only compulsory right now in the sense that a child is in a public or private school building, or their parent does the proper paperwork to demonstrate the child is home schooled.

Education plays no role in any of this.

SO you want the govt to track EVERY PARENT and how they're educating their children?

So much for the "small govt" conservatives.

Like I've said before - conservatives have no principles and no moral center. That's why they talk out of both sides of their mouth. One minute they're all "Get the govt out of our lives" and the next they're all "Only the nanny govt can save us!!"

The simple absurdity of this could be indicated by determining how many Americans agree with Beck.

I'm guessing 5%. With that in mind, what grossly undemocratic process does Beck propose to accomplish this abolishment? The guy who's always crying about 'tyranny'...

What is so absurd about it? Public schools are failing our youth. They aren't being educated. I've seen people in graduate school who still don't know the basics of reading and writing. So why not change up the system and do something that actually gets results? Why should we continue to throw money into black holes that never see results?

First of all, MOST American public schools do well, and those that don't are not failing because they are public.

Oh, so tell me how one would go about ABOLISHING public schools.

In detail. Please.
Uh-huh...American test scores a laughing stock of the industrialized world, but there aren't serious over-arching systemic problems with the education system....Wanna buy some prime seaside property in Arizona?

You privatize the system by selling off the buildings and other accouterments to private individuals, like any given bankruptcy proceeding...Which is a quite apropos analogy.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
the video cut him off half way through his sentence....until i see the full quote....

Fine, I will get it for ya...what exactly will you say if it goes the way I already know it will?

Will you finally admit Beck is a nut?

Our schools are over run with liberal brainwashing. They are far better at spreading liberal propaganda then actually teaching kids practical things. Our appalling test scores show that. We spend Billions of dollars so Liberal teachers can fill our heads with BS ideas like "FDR got us out of the depression with the New Deal" when any economist worth his salt knows it was WWII that did that, and the "new deal" might well have prolonged it.

My fucking 4 year old son came home from FUCKING pre school and told me how great Obama was and how he was going to save us from Global warming. HIS FUCKING pre school teacher told him that, and when I asked her why she is pushing her political beliefs on my 4 year kid she said there are plenty of other pre school programs available if I do not like her style. she has a poster of Obama in the room, which would not be a big deal to me, but it says CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE in on it. A FUCKING CAMPAIGN POSTER. Can you tell I have strong FUCKING feelings About FUCKING liberal Asshole filling my kids head with FUCKING propaganda. FUCK YA I DO.

lol

And you guys wonder why conservatives might want school vouchers lol. Pushing propaganda on 4 year olds. Fucking Assholes

Last edited:
the video cut him off half way through his sentence....until i see the full quote....

Fine, I will get it for ya...what exactly will you say if it goes the way I already know it will?

Will you finally admit Beck is a nut?

Our schools are over run with liberal brainwashing. They are far better at spreading liberal propaganda then actually teaching kids practical things. Our appalling test scores show that. We spend Billions of dollars so Liberal teachers can fill our heads with BS ideas like "FDR got us out of the depression with the New Deal" when any economist worth his salt knows it was WWII that did that, and the "new deal" might well have prolonged it.

My fucking 4 year old son came home from FUCKING pre school and told me how great Obama was and how he was going to save us from Global warming. HIS FUCKING pre school teacher told him that, and when I asked her why she is pushing her political beliefs on my 4 year kid she said there are plenty of other pre school programs available if I do not like her style. she has a poster of Obama in the room, which would not be a big deal to me, but it says CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE in on it. A FUCKING CAMPAIGN POSTER. Can you tell I have strong FUCKING feelings About FUCKING liberal Asshole filling my kids head with FUCKING propaganda. FUCK YA I DO.

lol

And you guys wonder why conservatives might want school vouchers lol. Pushing propaganda on 4 year olds. Fucking Assholes

what a stupid post. "liberal brainwashing" has nothing to do with us falling further and further behind the world in the subjects that matter - math, science, and engineering, actually I would think the religious nut pushing of anit-science, inteligent design is hurting us more than any liberal posters of obama

We allow the third world and the other(won't say it) to go to school and they form gangs and destroy the learning environment for all the people that went to learn. I say get rid of forcing people to go to school and make it someones choice, or at least make it only the first 6 years and then make it a choice. To many people don't went to be there and are just in the way of people wanting to advance them selfs. It is not fair and forcing someone by some law just makes them went to make life hard on the people that went to learn and go.

Last edited:
Conservative hatred of public education is consistent with their worldview. Knowledge is dangerous to conservatives as thinking leads to openness and tolerance of diversity and acceptance of all people. I think at this point in history any understanding of the ideology of American conservatives requires one recognize and consider its foundational structure of hierarchy and control. Hierarchy only works if roles are well defined and citizens do not step outside the boundaries set by the corporate structure and social stratification. Public education works to change hierarchy as it levels society and the leveling of society is a taboo to the conservative. Holier than thou is alive and well even though holy today means something different from the Judeo-Christian concept of equality and promise.

Conservatives then get caught in a sort of Freudian projection, they can't say 'keep em stupid and orderly and in chains' so instead they say the system is bad and the solution is homeschoolong, vouchers, and private schools where they can control the curriculum and maintain a system that fits their narrow but privileged worldview. Equality even in education is troublesome in any hierarchical social system.

Education should not mean filling a child's head with an adults hang ups. Believe it or not education is to help you understand, to be able to read and compute, and to reason. It is not simply to repeat pious platitudes and tired cliches. For those on the right side of this issue, the liberal tolerant side, support education fully and thank that teacher who pushed you, who challenged you. That is where progress and civility take hold and continue.

"Governments provide a stable currency to make markets possible. They provide a legal infrastructure and court systems to enforce the contracts that make markets possible. They provide educated workforces through public education, and those workers show up at their places of business after traveling on public roads, rails, or airways provided by government. Businesses that use the "free market" are protected by police and fire departments provided by government, and send their communications - from phone to fax to internet - over lines that follow public rights-of-way maintained and protected by government." Thom Hartmann

"Liberals believe government has a fundamental responsibility to help those who are less fortunate. It is liberals who have supported and continue to support government programs to improve health care, education, social security, job training and welfare for the neediest members of society. It is liberals who maintain that a national community is like a family and that government exists in part to "promote the general welfare." Geoffrey R. Stone What it means to be a liberal - Chicago Tribune

What Is Conservatism and What Is Wrong with It?

"Opposed child labor laws.
Opposed universal free public education. Some of them still do.
Opposed literacy for African-American citizens, in particular.
Supported the legal theory of “separate but equal”, a sham that led to . . .
Supported the establishment of “Jim Crow” in the south.
Opposed state laws guaranteeing minimum wages and restricting working hours for industrial workers.
Opposed the right to vote for women.
Supported prohibition.
Opposed the League of Nations – and continue to oppose US participation in the United Nations."

A Short History of Conservative Obstruction to Progress | Conceptual Guerilla

Last edited:
Ha!

If you abolish the public school system, and yet keep education compulsory, then you'd have the government forcing people to buy a service from a private company,

which you wingnuts say is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Reconcile that!

Ready! Go!!

It would be unconstitutional for the Federal Government to do so. The state government? It wouldn't be unconstitutional in any sense because of the US Constitution. It may violate state consitutional issues, however.

But you miss the larger point. Stop forcing people to go to school. You can't force education down someone's throat. It has to be voluntary. People can go to school and learn absolutely nothing. There are, after all, adults who think there are 57 states in the Union.

Forum List

Back