Beck says to abolish public schools.

Department of Education: $555.3 million The cost of running the U.S. Department of
Management Education, with the bulk of funds going to pay
the salaries of its 4,495 employees

That's miniscule. I worked for a law firm that had almost as many employees.

Thanks for proving how small the DoE is :lol::lol:

Department of Education Management : $555.3 million The cost of running the U.S. Department of Management.
Not the DOE just the DOEM
A bloat to manage the bloat.

Head Start
$6.8 billion

129 Head Start and Early Head Start are targeted at
children from birth to age 5.130 The program is
supposed to offer educational, nutritional, comprehensive
health and other services to lowincome
preschool-aged children.131

No, you listed examples of "PROGRAMS" and their budget, not any bureaucracy

Who administers government programs ?

So you don't even know who administers govt pgms??

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!
jrspecial.jpg

BIA Schools
$570.6 million

132 The Bureau of Indian Affairs is involved in 183
elementary and secondary schools in 23 states,
serving approximately 48,000 students. About a
third of the schools are run directly by the
bureau, and the remainder are operated jointly
with tribes or tribal organizations.

BIA Schools
$570.6 million

132 The Bureau of Indian Affairs is involved in 183
elementary and secondary schools in 23 states,
serving approximately 48,000 students. About a
third of the schools are run directly by the
bureau, and the remainder are operated jointly
with tribes or tribal organizations.

We were talking about public schools, not BIA schools

And again, you've shown nothing about a bloated bureacracy.

Glenn Beck is just uh, well, he works for Fox.

The King of Conspiracy is attempting to peddle the piddle that school kids are indoctrinated 24/7 by Washington in the form of the far-reaching liberal media, and by extension what they are taught in school.

Video Ed Show: Glenn Beck says the U.S. should Abolish public schools - Kick! Making Politics Funny - A liberal dose of political comedy

glenn beck, of course, would prefer to brainwash MY children with his OWN beliefs

since I oppose much of what beck says and believes I would prefer to keep public schools in business.

I have been told far too often by conservatives, that private christian/religious/conservative institutions have a RIGHT TO BRAINWASH their students with their beliefs...

I fear that should public schools disappear there would be no choice for any of us but to send our children to private schools funded by/controlled by conservatives/christians
who would endeavor to brainwash MY children with their (hate, ignorance, fear, lies) beliefs

private schools DO have the right to teach whatever they want...they're not under the control of the government. They don't have to answer to the BS criteria. It's WHY they are private. It's why you have to pay money to attend them...and in many cases, pay alot.

If you don't like what private schools are doing, then keep the hell away from them. You have that right. I can't afford to send my kids to private school, but fortunately we live in an area that has great public schools.

The King of Conspiracy is attempting to peddle the piddle that school kids are indoctrinated 24/7 by Washington in the form of the far-reaching liberal media, and by extension what they are taught in school.

Video Ed Show: Glenn Beck says the U.S. should Abolish public schools - Kick! Making Politics Funny - A liberal dose of political comedy

We should have concluded by now that Beck is out to take down Fat Boy Rushbaugh as the most outlandish voice in media. He spits out his lunacy and hate for the ratings. The far right takes the hook and watches this guy religiously. They are making an idiot rich.

The same goes for the far left. Olbermann does the same thing.

The simple absurdity of this could be indicated by determining how many Americans agree with Beck.

I'm guessing 5%. With that in mind, what grossly undemocratic process does Beck propose to accomplish this abolishment? The guy who's always crying about 'tyranny'...

The simple absurdity of this could be indicated by determining how many Americans agree with Beck.

I'm guessing 5%. With that in mind, what grossly undemocratic process does Beck propose to accomplish this abolishment? The guy who's always crying about 'tyranny'...

What is so absurd about it? Public schools are failing our youth. They aren't being educated. I've seen people in graduate school who still don't know the basics of reading and writing. So why not change up the system and do something that actually gets results? Why should we continue to throw money into black holes that never see results?

What is so absurd about it? Public schools are failing our youth.

Speak for yourself. Schools haven't failed my family, which is chock full of college graduates.

Actually, I agree. At this point, our public education system is so bad that I think the only way to fix it is to tear it down and start over.

We have kids that have been sent home for wear t-shirts with flags on it, and kids who marched out of class to demand those kids be suspended that were just allowed back in with a simple assembly, no disciplinary action at all. How can that be good?

And that's only ONE of the points. Then there is the kid who was suspended for having a plastic knife in his backpack that he got from the school cafeteria. He wanted to take it home to show his mom how he could cut his food.

We have the girl who was expelled because she brought a squirt gun to school....nope, I'm just not seeing any reason for public schools at this point. They certainly aren't teaching our kids diddly squat. Heck, in our district they have to pass a 10th grade test to graduate the 12th grade, what the heck is that?

What is so absurd about it? Public schools are failing our youth. They aren't being educated. I've seen people in graduate school who still don't know the basics of reading and writing. So why not change up the system and do something that actually gets results? Why should we continue to throw money into black holes that never see results?

First of all, MOST American public schools do well, and those that don't are not failing because they are public.

Oh, so tell me how one would go about ABOLISHING public schools.

In detail. Please.

Forum List

Back