Beck invokes the Holocaust in Fox News/Obama Administration "War"

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

I didn't see this before and I haven't seen this on the board.

"When they're done with Fox, and you decide to speak out on something. The old, 'first they came for the Jews, and I wasn't Jewish'...When they're done with Fox and talk radio, do you really think they're going to leave you alone if you want to ask a tough question."

- Glenn Beck, Glenn Beck Program (October 13)

So Beck has already invoked Godwin's law for us. Question is, does he make a valid point or is this just over-the-top rhetoric?

I'm going with over-the-top rhetoric. I feel this disrespects the holocaust survivors and the victims of the holocaust for him to invoke this in his petty little bullshit. He should apologize for making such comments.

Bullshit.
He makes a valid point. Suppression of free speech is suppression of free speech. It doesn't matter if it is conservative, liberal, Islamic, Nazi or any other. Once you start, it doesn't stop.
There was an op-ed today in the WSJ about Yale's censoring a book on the Muhammad cartoons. The impressive thing was how little thought the faculty gave to the idea.
It has nothing to do with Godwin. Get over it.

Bullshit.
He makes a valid point. Suppression of free speech is suppression of free speech. It doesn't matter if it is conservative, liberal, Islamic, Nazi or any other. Once you start, it doesn't stop.
There was an op-ed today in the WSJ about Yale's censoring a book on the Muhammad cartoons. The impressive thing was how little thought the faculty gave to the idea.
It has nothing to do with Godwin. Get over it.

You have to prove that there is suppression of free speech in the first place. The fact that Glenn Beck can make such comments is proof that there is free speech.

Besides, you need to get off your Islam hate. Also, the whole context of that statement goes far beyond just freedom of speech. Hitler wasn't just bringing these people to detention centers where they couldn't speak, he was killing them.

Last edited:
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

I didn't see this before and I haven't seen this on the board.

"When they're done with Fox, and you decide to speak out on something. The old, 'first they came for the Jews, and I wasn't Jewish'...When they're done with Fox and talk radio, do you really think they're going to leave you alone if you want to ask a tough question."

- Glenn Beck, Glenn Beck Program (October 13)

So Beck has already invoked Godwin's law for us. Question is, does he make a valid point or is this just over-the-top rhetoric?

I'm going with over-the-top rhetoric. I feel this disrespects the holocaust survivors and the victims of the holocaust for him to invoke this in his petty little bullshit. He should apologize for making such comments.

It's Saturday night. Why aren't you studying, young man? Huh? Huh? ;)

My last full weekend here. Besides, my weekend ritual is starting in an half hour and I was studying earlier. Though I did just clean my room. :lol:

My last full weekend here. Besides, my weekend ritual is starting in an half hour and I was studying earlier. Though I did just clean my room. :lol:

Aha. Another twenty something know it all.
I'm sorry. I actually took you seriously there. Now that I know this I'll know I can dismiss any thoughts your pimply little ass comes up with.
Now get your hands off your keyboard and back into the books.

I'm sorry. I actually took you seriously there. Now that I know this I'll know I can dismiss any thoughts your pimply little ass comes up with.

I know more at 18 than you have ever and will ever know. Age has nothing to do with knowledge. Knowledge, something by the way that you are clearly lacking.

I think most people would just laugh at such an ignorant statement from your mouth.

Your argument fails in this thread and your other argument in the other thread fails. Go back to the drawing board. Besides, how much "older and wiser" are you than me? :rofl:

Besides, if someone who is older then you made the same argument, by your standards, they would be right.

Last edited:

I know more at 18 than you have ever and will ever know. Age has nothing to do with knowledge. Knowledge, something by the way that you are clearly lacking.

I think most people would just laugh at such an ignorant statement from your mouth.

Your argument fails in this thread and your other argument in the other thread fails. Go back to the drawing board. Besides, how much "older and wiser" are you than me? :rofl:

Eighteen years old. Thinks he knows everything. Where have we seen that before??

Eighteen years old. Thinks he knows everything. Where have we seen that before??

Again, you have failed to address my arguments. You think Age = Wisdom which is completely off. If someone who was older than you made the same statement, by your standards, wouldn't they be right?

Or would you say it has to go with Wisdom? Your a hypocrite, a fool, and a waste of space on this board.

Edit: By the way, I don't know everything. However, one thing I do know is in both these threads I am correct unlike you. How do I know this? I use things you don't use, which is common sense and concrete evidence.

Last edited:

Again, you have failed to address my arguments. You think Age = Wisdom which is completely off. If someone who was older than you made the same statement, by your standards, wouldn't they be right?

Or would you say it has to go with Wisdom? Your a hypocrite, a fool, and a waste of space on this board.

Aww, isn't he cute? It's like the the little engine that could.

When you have a family to support and have earned a paycheck come back and post here, sonny. Then maybe someone will take your pimply ass seriously. Until then, hasta la vista.

When you have a family to support and have earned a paycheck come back and post here, sonny. Then maybe someone will take your pimply ass seriously. Until then, hasta la vista.

Except this topic is not relevant to such knowledge. Having a family and a paycheck has nothing to do with this topic. So therefore, it's irrelevant. Though if it hurts you to know, I have a job and therefore receive a paycheck.

So again, your points are irrelevant and I'm waiting for some evidence.

Except this topic is not relevant to such knowledge. Having a family and a paycheck has nothing to do with this topic. So therefore, it's irrelevant. Though if it hurts you to know, I have a job and therefore receive a paycheck.

So again, your points are irrelevant and I'm waiting for some evidence.
See, there you go again, as anotehr great American you dont remember said.

That makes absolutely no sense. If you like, we can bring this little argument to the attention of the board. Your ignorance and dodging is quite obvious.

By the way, you spelled another wrong. So much for that wisdom of yours huh? :lol:

That makes absolutely no sense. If you like, we can bring this little argument to the attention of the board. Your ignorance and dodging is quite obvious.

By the way, you spelled another wrong. So much for that wisdom of yours huh? :lol:

It wouldn't make sense to anyone born after 1990. Yet another example of what I'm talking about.
You just make it too easy here, sonny.
And it wasn't a mis-spelling. So you're wrong again.

Forum List

Back