Beck invokes the Holocaust in Fox News/Obama Administration "War"

So by citing a poem about the holocaust, he is denying it.

I really do live in Bizzaro world.

My post doesn't contain a non sequitur. It might help if you knew what a non sequitur instead of just throwing around Latin because you think it makes you look smart (it doesn't, it just makes you look like a dumbass with an inflated sense of self instead of just the plain Jane dumbass you are).
LMAO! You haven't even the capacity to see non sequiturs.

To help the insane along (yes, insane persons often see and hear things that are not there), unless Beck actually said that he is the same as a victim of the holocaust, there was nothing direct (see bolded above) involved.

I can't see things that aren't there. Beck made a direct comparison by throwing the paraphrase in there. If an African-American suspect was arrested for committing a crime and said to the officer "It's because I'm black, isn't it?", it's painful obvious to any objective observer than the man being arrested is claiming the cop is arresting him because of the color of his skin. According to your standard though, the suspect isn't claiming that the cop is a racist unless he says "You're a racist" to the cop.

YOUR conclusion that he denied the Holocaust DOES NOT FOLLOW the fact that he paraphrased a poem.

This is where you get screwed over by trying to play games using formal logic. There are steps in the argument that you're leaving out. I'll spell it out for you...

- Beck claims that the plight of Fox News is similar to victims of the Holocaust.
- The plight of Fox News (having someone say something unfriendly about them) is not the same as what occurred to victims of the Holocaust (slavery and mass murder).
- Therefore, Beck's statement is not true.
- Making a false comparison of your plight to that of victims of the Holocaust is a form of Holocaust denial.
- Since Beck made such a claim and knew it was false when he made it, he engaged in Holocaust denial.

YOUR conclusion that another does not know history DOES NOT FOLLOW the fact that they pointed out your logical fallacies.

You claimed he didn't reference the Holocaust when he referenced a poem that's clearly about the Holocaust. It's therefore logical to state that you are ignorant of the history surrounding the poem.

I think we can all agree that he paraphrased a poem that relates to the holocaust. That poem has been used time and time again as a reason why it is important to stand up for people who you may disagree with when others seek to silence them. While the poem is about the holocaust, it is also about the importance of standing up for the freedoms of others.

Now, given the above, I see this whole 'argument' as a stick with which to beat someone who some of us disagree with politically. Here's my point, if it had been used by someone whose politics I disagree with, would I be accusing that person of 'invoking the holocaust to make his point'. No. I absolutely would not. I would not because I would understand the POINT he was making and not looking at what he said for something to twist and spin against him.

This poem, by the way, is a mantra to many, many media people as an example of the importance of 'freedom of the press'. Are they all invoking the holocaust? I've been to a CNN office where that poem is framed on a wall in an editors office. Is he too invoking the holocaust? No. He's reminding himself of the importance of his job. Pity that more journalists don't do likewise.

Personally, I think everyone whose claimed this 'invoking the holocaust' shit is following their partisan views instead of thinking for themselves.

The Nazis "came" more than Ron Jeremy on a working holiday.

But when they "came" for Moma Russia they got fucked back.

I have no idea where you get Holocasut denail from Glenn Beck. have you watched or listened to his shows???

Any intelligent individual would understand what Beck was saying. I never thought I'd say that Beck should dumb down but maybe he needs to do just that! Because some people - maybe because they are seeking a stick with which to beat him - seem to be able to conjure Holocaust denial from a analogy.

What Beck meant, of course, was that other media should speak out in defense of Fox - because if this Administration were to be successful in silencing Fox - who would be next on their list? However, apparently that obvious conclusion is a tad too deep for the intellectually challenged.

You can usually spot these unfortunate souls quite easily, they drool.

I have no idea where you get Holocasut denail from Glenn Beck. have you watched or listened to his shows???

Any intelligent individual would understand what Beck was saying. I never thought I'd say that Beck should dumb down but maybe he needs to do just that! Because some people - maybe because they are seeking a stick with which to beat him - seem to be able to conjure Holocaust denial from a analogy.

What Beck meant, of course, was that other media should speak out in defense of Fox - because if this Administration were to be successful in silencing Fox - who would be next on their list? However, apparently that obvious conclusion is a tad too deep for the intellectually challenged.

Beck is just the latest Demon-dejoir or target for their hatred according to the left. When you say it like it is this is what you get. They fear Change.

Bush was for the longest, Rush, Sarah Palin most recently, and now Glenn Beck.

Beck is just the latest Demon-dejoir or target for their hatred according to the left. When you say it like it is this is what you get. They fear Change.

It makes me laugh. You give them Becks clips - unedited - and ask them to point out just one point that is factually inaccurate and they cannot do it. Yet, because they are instructed to by their masters, they continually scream about Beck. Based on absolutely nothing. I wonder if they realize how completely fucking stupid they look?

It makes me laugh. You give them Becks clips - unedited - and ask them to point out just one point that is factually inaccurate and they cannot do it. Yet, because they are instructed to by their masters, they continually scream about Beck. Based on absolutely nothing. I wonder if they realize how completely fucking stupid they look?
I sincerely doubt that they do. Gone are the days where discussion involved reason, logic or even a touch of intelligence.

OMGS! BECK BROKESES DE GODWIN"S LAW!!!!!!

glenn-beck.jpg

TEH HORRORSSS!

I sincerely doubt that they do. Gone are the days where discussion involved reason, logic or even a touch of intelligence.

True dat.

Well, Beck is a fat tub of lard that's also a heroine addict......oh wait. That's Rush.

Well, he wants to burn books because he's a Christian.....no wait. That's Sarah Palin.

Well, he got us into Iraq and we never found any WMDs.....no wait. That's Bush.

Well, he used to own Halliburton and gave them no-bid contracts....no wait. That's Cheney.

Shit I can't remember what Glenn Beck is.

Oh, now I remember....HE'S A FAT WHITE GUY.......yeah...that's the ticket.:banghead:

Forum List

Back