Barack Obama Killed Osama Bin Laden. Period.

Barack Obama’s decision to go after Osama Bin Laden: how the president overruled his advisers in ordering the assassination - Slate Magazine

I don't want to drop this at the tail end of Mud dude's thread (sorry, name escapes me) because I feel it's more newsworthy than that.

Far from the no-brainer that Romney depicts, the secret, high-level discussions leading up to the raid were fraught with intense debate and uncertainty—and Obama’s final decisions, on both whether and how to attack, went against some of his top advisers’ recommendations.

Vice President Joe Biden revealed a few months ago that he had urged Obama not to mount the assault. Bergen and Allison report that Secretary of Defense Robert Gates joined him in the dissent—and they explain why.

In the weeks leading up to the decision, a group of counterterrorism officials, after conducting a “red-team” exercise of what could go wrong in such an attack, estimated that there was only a 40 percent chance Osama Bin Laden was actually in the compound. The CIA put the odds at 60 percent. Bergen quotes Michael Morell, the CIA’s deputy director, as telling the president that “the circumstantial case of Iraq having WMD was actually stronger than the circumstantial case that bin Laden is living in the Abbottabad compound.”

Faced with these uncertainties, a president could have been forgiven for holding back. Certainly, a decision to go ahead was no “slam dunk.” More to the point, if Obama had given the order, and it turned out that Bin Laden wasn’t there, it is an absolute sure thing that, one year later, Romney and his allies would still be lampooning Obama for his foolhardy recklessness and accusing him of letting the world’s No. 1 terrorist slip through our fingers, perhaps this time for good.

No, US Navy Seals killed OBL.........

I'll bet Obama has never shot a gun in his entire life...

"Fired a weapon", dick breath.

What makes all this so hilarious is that every single rightwinger on this board is stupid enough to believe that they can honestly turn the killing of Bin Laden into a negative against President Obama.

That is how far removed from normal America these people are.

Barack Obama’s decision to go after Osama Bin Laden: how the president overruled his advisers in ordering the assassination - Slate Magazine

I don't want to drop this at the tail end of Mud dude's thread (sorry, name escapes me) because I feel it's more newsworthy than that.

No, US Navy Seals killed OBL.........

I'll bet Obama has never shot a gun in his entire life...

"Fired a weapon", dick breath.

Prolly never did that either.

I find the title of this thread not only insulting to warriors who carried out the mission to take out UBL but also EVERY young warrior sent to that turd hole part of the world. While it's right to give the PResident his credit for making what was a very tough decision to enter into another nation and put at risk American lives to take out UBL, please do not forget the warriors who made this happen. THEY are the HERO's here.

That's the kind of thing that goes without saying because the actual ISSUE is people who want so badly to deny that the President gave the order, they will say anything, no matter how irrational.

In other words, people are trying to say the Seal Team would have done it without his say-so. There is not even a glimmer of truth in that allegation. He couldn't have done it without them, and vice-versa.

In 1998, our troops had Osama bin Laden cornered. But the order never came to go in and get him.

For years and years, neo-cons blamed Clinton for 9/11 because of the failure to give the order.

Now a President finally gives the order and OBL is captured and killed. But do the neo-con hypocritcal fucks want to give Obama as much credit as they gave Clinton grief?

Oh, hell no. We can't have that!

"Success has many fathers while failure is an orphan."

This was a great victory for America. We got our man. Assholes.

The real story is that Bush failed. Period.

That's what is really killing you jerks. You aren't fooling anyone.

Since you don't give Obama any credit for something that happens on his watch, I fully expect you not to assign him any blame for anything either.

This is what my GOP has become. A collection of hypocritical, Un-American, sore losers.

What makes all this so hilarious is that every single rightwinger on this board is stupid enough to believe that they can honestly turn the killing of Bin Laden into a negative against President Obama.

Obama = noun, verb + I killed bin Laden

In 1998, our troops had Osama bin Laden cornered. But the order never came to go in and get him.

For years and years, neo-cons blamed Clinton for 9/11 because of the failure to give the order.

Now a President finally gives the order and OBL is captured and killed. But do the neo-con hypocritcal fucks want to give Obama as much credit as they gave Clinton grief?

Oh, hell no. We can't have that!

"Success has many fathers while failure is an orphan."

This was a great victory for America. We got our man. Assholes.

The real story is that Bush failed. Period.

That's what is really killing you sore losers. You aren't fooling anyone.

Since you don't give Obama any credit for something that happens on his watch, I fully expect you not to assign him any blame for anything either.

This is what my GOP has become. A collection of hypocritical, Un-American, sore losers.

I owe you rep.

No he didn't, dumbfuck.

The SEALs that invaded that compound killed him along with the support from the CIA and other US military in CENTCOM and SOCCOM.

Obamination got lucky the intel finally pinpointed where he was and Obamination had to act to get something good on the TV for himself and to avoid someone leaking he didn't approve the operation like what happened under Bill Clinton a handful of times in the 90s. :eusa_whistle:

Far from the no-brainer that Romney depicts, the secret, high-level discussions leading up to the raid were fraught with intense debate and uncertainty—and Obama’s final decisions, on both whether and how to attack, went against some of his top advisers’ recommendations.

Vice President Joe Biden revealed a few months ago that he had urged Obama not to mount the assault. Bergen and Allison report that Secretary of Defense Robert Gates joined him in the dissent—and they explain why.

In the weeks leading up to the decision, a group of counterterrorism officials, after conducting a “red-team” exercise of what could go wrong in such an attack, estimated that there was only a 40 percent chance Osama Bin Laden was actually in the compound. The CIA put the odds at 60 percent. Bergen quotes Michael Morell, the CIA’s deputy director, as telling the president that “the circumstantial case of Iraq having WMD was actually stronger than the circumstantial case that bin Laden is living in the Abbottabad compound.”

Faced with these uncertainties, a president could have been forgiven for holding back. Certainly, a decision to go ahead was no “slam dunk.” More to the point, if Obama had given the order, and it turned out that Bin Laden wasn’t there, it is an absolute sure thing that, one year later, Romney and his allies would still be lampooning Obama for his foolhardy recklessness and accusing him of letting the world’s No. 1 terrorist slip through our fingers, perhaps this time for good.

Sorry. You can't show us Obama thumping his chest the way Rudy did about 9/11.

Nice try, but your plagiarism isn't fooling anyone.

No he didn't, dumbfuck.

The SEALs that invaded that compound killed him along with the support from the CIA and other US military in CENTCOM and SOCCOM.

Yes he did, dumbfuck.

Is that how this game is played? Do you call people dumbfuck all the time, or just when you know you're wrong and don't have anything.

Last edited:

Hey dumbass.... Obama is doing that ALL BY HIMSELF.

I think he did the right thing by saying go for it... take him out.
Its how he has handled it since that moment that I am critical of.

Obama is the man for making the call, and no matter how you assholes spin it, we were united in our genuine happiness the night we heard we got him.

Look it up... most everone here was happy.

These young warriors of ST-6 and other Teams ask nothing for their dedication and duty, and put themselves at risk 100's of times a year to defend this nation. Take for instance the Maersk Alabama and the pirates taken out by ST members. It was not the person that sent them there that yielded the result, but the efforts of the ALL of those involved. THUS THE WORD TEAM!!! of which in the case of UBL President Obama was part of a team. Again, taking nothing away from what I am sure was and is a very hard decision to put warriors at risk anywhere in the world, let understand that once that word is given it takes the point end of the spear to actually make the kill once the order is given to do so, and these young people risk their lives so that we may live how we do, to be the point end of that spear. They have my utmost respect and admiration, and a hardy job well done!!!! as does the President as part of the American team that got this job done.

These young warriors of ST-6 and other Teams ask nothing for their dedication and duty, and put themselves at risk 100's of times a year to defend this nation. Take for instance the Maersk Alabama and the pirates taken out by ST members. It was not the person that sent them there that yielded the result, but the efforts of the ALL of those involved. THUS THE WORD TEAM!!! of which in the case of UBL President Obama was part of a team. Again, taking nothing away from what I am sure was and is a very hard decision to put warriors at risk anywhere in the world, let understand that once that word is given it takes the point end of the spear to actually make the kill once the order is given to do so, and these young people risk their lives so that we may live how we do, to be the point end of that spear. They have my utmost respect and admiration, and a hardy job well done!!!! as does the President as part of the American team that got this job done.

You know I highly admire and respect you, so I'm just going to say yes sir, you're right sir, and hopefully that will be good enough.

Roger that.

I find the title of this thread not only insulting to warriors who carried out the mission to take out UBL but also EVERY young warrior sent to that turd hole part of the world. While it's right to give the PResident his credit for making what was a very tough decision to enter into another nation and put at risk American lives to take out UBL, please do not forget the warriors who made this happen. THEY are the HERO's here.

That's the kind of thing that goes without saying because the actual ISSUE is people who want so badly to deny that the President gave the order, they will say anything, no matter how irrational.

In other words, people are trying to say the Seal Team would have done it without his say-so. There is not even a glimmer of truth in that allegation. He couldn't have done it without them, and vice-versa.

ever heard of rubber stamps........? :rolleyes:

You've proven yourself to be the queen of the dumbfucks here.

Oh, I pointed out why you're wrong when I stated the SEALs, CIA and other parts of the military directly supported the death of UBL. Obamination didn't fly a plane, shoot a gun, etc in the operation.....he sat in the White House watching the video while Panetta had a letter ready to cover up the operation if it was Jimmy Carter II.

No he didn't, dumbfuck.

Yes he did, dumbfuck.

Is that how this game is played? Do you call people dumbfuck all the time, or just when you know you're wrong and don't have anything.

Sorry. You can't show us Obama thumping his chest the way Rudy did about 9/11.

Nice try, but your plagiarism isn't fooling anyone.

Rudy highlighted his leadership skills during crisis. He was already the best Mayor NYC ever had, transforming it from a Calcutta style shithole into a one of the Worlds greatest cities.

And then 9/11 happened and his calm leadership helped the city persevere through our worst crisis.

First ST-6 or any Team would not have acted without command authority to do so. You are talking about entering another nation with American SpecOps troops without invitation. An act like that would need the absolute highest authority to go on. So yes, I believe that the President should be given his due for making what is and was a very tough decision, however, the thread title seems to indicate that the President did so alone and I would suggest to you that all the warriors both Team members and intelligence people who got to the point where he could make the decision need to be given their respect as well, and more so, the warriors who ask little and operate out of view are the ones who we really need to thank here as they daily put their lives at risk for us. In other words it was a Team effort.

We killed Bin Laden for giving the orders to create 9-11. We gave him the credit for that atrocity. President Obama deserves the credit for finally bringing justice to Bin Laden.

Forum List

Back