Barack Obama Killed Osama Bin Laden. Period.

He gave the order.

As he should have, and I credit him for doing so. Fact remains, he did not personally kill Bin Laden, SEAL TEAM 6 did.

If the thread title said 'Obama order resulted in the death of bin Laden', it would be 100% correct. It didn't say that. It gives Obama personal credit for killing bin Laden, which is inaccurate.

You are pretty much right, I'm glad he gave the order cause there are some politicians who were scared to violate Pakistani sovereignty.

Yeah, back in what, 2007? I'd bet Obama would fall into that category back in 2007 as well. Between 2007 and the time SEAL TEAM 6 killed bin Laden, a lot changed.

He gave the order.

We're gonna go all the way tonight..... :dance:
Let me sleep on it..... Let me sleep on it.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NTDHjVKQyo&feature=related]Meat Loaf - Paradise By The Dashboard Light (Live @ OGWT) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
He gave the order.

:eek: An order, you say?

Wow!

How brave!

I am in awe.

No.... seriously. I am not being sarcastic. :eusa_whistle:

Well if the mission failed he would have taken some serious heat for it, as he should have.

From me, he would not have taken heat... depending on why the mission failed. I just don't think all this high fiving of any politician for doing the job we pay them to do is that big a deal.

Remember how the Libs derided Rudy for his handling of 911, how they made it like he was a One Note Samba that he was "noun verb + 911"

Well isn't Obama "Noun verb I Killed bin laden"?

As he should have, and I credit him for doing so. Fact remains, he did not personally kill Bin Laden, SEAL TEAM 6 did.

If the thread title said 'Obama order resulted in the death of bin Laden', it would be 100% correct. It didn't say that. It gives Obama personal credit for killing bin Laden, which is inaccurate.

You are pretty much right, I'm glad he gave the order cause there are some politicians who were scared to violate Pakistani sovereignty.

Yeah, back in what, 2007? I'd bet Obama would fall into that category back in 2007 as well. Between 2007 and the time SEAL TEAM 6 killed bin Laden, a lot changed.

I thought Obama said before he was elected he would go into Pakistan to get Bin Laden if he had to? I remember Pakistans President at the time Masharrif getting all pissed at that comment.

He gave the order.

Wow!

How brave!

I am in awe.

Well if the mission failed he would have taken some serious heat for it, as he should have.

No he woudn't. It was all set up before hand. If the mission failed, he would have said it was without authorization by a rogue Admiral. He didn't know anything about it and it wasn't his fault. The only one who risked anything was Admiral McRaven who would have been court martialed if the mission failed.

All who actually read the article before knee-jerk reacting, raise your hand.

immaterial. The thread title is a lie. Obama did not personally pull the trigger, fire the fatal shot, so he did not kill bin Laden.

His go ahead allowed SEAL TEAM 6 to pull the trigger, fire the fatal shot, and kill bin Laden.

The thread title is a lie.PERIOD.

Speaking of periods, you seem to be wearing your crabby pants today.

Obama never killed anybody. The Seal Team 6 killed Bin Laden. All Obama has done is make a political issue out of it. Obama said there would be no spiking of the football. Instead, politically, he's shoving that football up our asses.

Obama never killed anybody. The Seal Team 6 killed Bin Laden. All Obama has done is make a political issue out of it. Obama said there would be no spiking of the football. Instead, politically, he's shoving that football up our asses.

Obama = noun, verb + I killed bin laden

I thought Obama said before he was elected he would go into Pakistan to get Bin Laden if he had to? I remember Pakistans President at the time Masharrif getting all pissed at that comment.

And McCain mocking him in a serious fashion.

Anybody want me to go get the video? I would LOVE to go get the video.

SEAL TEAM 6 killed Bin Laden, not Obama. He did not pull the trigger, so the thread title is a lie. Color me surprised... not.

Let's all be sure to remember this benchmark the next time someone tries to blame Obama for something someone else did.

I'm sure Obama would be happy to know that you guys are not going to hold him accountable for anything that happens on his watch that he did not actually do himself. That must be a huge load off his shoulders.

Last edited:
HE made the decision before he was ever even President.

From 2008.

Remember back during the 2008 election when John McCain — and Hillary Clinton — pummeled Barack Obama for saying he would go into Pakistan to get Osama bin Laden if the Pakistani government wouldn’t?

We do…
It began with comments Obama made in August, 2007 that if elected, he would make U.S. aid to Pakistan conditional: “Pakistan must make substantial progress in closing down the training camps, evicting foreign fighters, and preventing the Taliban from using Pakistan as a staging area for attacks in Afghanistan.”

He continued:

I understand that President Musharraf has his own challenges. But let me make this clear: There are terrorists holed up in those mountains who murdered 3,000 Americans. They are plotting to strike again. It was a terrible mistake to fail to act when we had a chance to take out an al Qaeda leadership meeting in 2005. If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf will not act, we will.

FLASHBACK 2008: McCain, Clinton Slam Obama For Saying He’d Go Get Bin Laden In Pakistan (VIDEO) | TPMDC

Wow!

How brave!

I am in awe.

No he woudn't. It was all set up before hand. If the mission failed, he would have said it was without authorization by a rogue Admiral. He didn't know anything about it and it wasn't his fault. The only one who risked anything was Admiral McRaven who would have been court martialed if the mission failed.

Are you serious?:confused:

HE made the decision before he was ever even President.

From 2008.

Remember back during the 2008 election when John McCain — and Hillary Clinton — pummeled Barack Obama for saying he would go into Pakistan to get Osama bin Laden if the Pakistani government wouldn’t?

We do…
It began with comments Obama made in August, 2007 that if elected, he would make U.S. aid to Pakistan conditional: “Pakistan must make substantial progress in closing down the training camps, evicting foreign fighters, and preventing the Taliban from using Pakistan as a staging area for attacks in Afghanistan.”

He continued:

I understand that President Musharraf has his own challenges. But let me make this clear: There are terrorists holed up in those mountains who murdered 3,000 Americans. They are plotting to strike again. It was a terrible mistake to fail to act when we had a chance to take out an al Qaeda leadership meeting in 2005. If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf will not act, we will.

FLASHBACK 2008: McCain, Clinton Slam Obama For Saying He’d Go Get Bin Laden In Pakistan (VIDEO) | TPMDC

I remember than, the Pakistani President at the time was pissed that Obama said that.

And what politicians say in public is not necessarily what they say in private. Public outrage from politicians is often more for their domestic audience than anything else. One would do well to remember that. We were not the only ones who wanted OBL dead... an awful lot of leaders in the region did too.

SEAL TEAM 6 killed Bin Laden, not Obama. He did not pull the trigger, so the thread title is a lie. Color me surprised... not.

But he gave the order that his advisers advised against. There was only a 40-60% chance OBL was actually in there.

The title came from the article. Sorry it made you cranky.

Libtard lies make me cranky. Get over it.

Obama's decision-making on bin-Laden raid - how it ought to work
And when the president went around the table of top national security advisors, two of them - the Vice President and Secretary of Defense - advised against launching the assault.
Two out of how many???

Forum List

Back