Barack Obama Killed Osama Bin Laden. Period.

HE made the decision before he was ever even President.

From 2008.

Remember back during the 2008 election when John McCain — and Hillary Clinton — pummeled Barack Obama for saying he would go into Pakistan to get Osama bin Laden if the Pakistani government wouldn’t?

We do…
It began with comments Obama made in August, 2007 that if elected, he would make U.S. aid to Pakistan conditional: “Pakistan must make substantial progress in closing down the training camps, evicting foreign fighters, and preventing the Taliban from using Pakistan as a staging area for attacks in Afghanistan.”

He continued:

I understand that President Musharraf has his own challenges. But let me make this clear: There are terrorists holed up in those mountains who murdered 3,000 Americans. They are plotting to strike again. It was a terrible mistake to fail to act when we had a chance to take out an al Qaeda leadership meeting in 2005. If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf will not act, we will.

FLASHBACK 2008: McCain, Clinton Slam Obama For Saying He’d Go Get Bin Laden In Pakistan (VIDEO) | TPMDC

Obama was against the Surge too. The change in strategy and tactics that won in Iraq

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_igpyewuzQ]Obama Said The Surge Would Actually Worsen Sectarian Violenc - YouTube[/ame]

it was so good Obama decided to do his own surge in Afghanistan

SEAL TEAM 6 killed Bin Laden, not Obama. He did not pull the trigger, so the thread title is a lie. Color me surprised... not.

Let's all be sure to remember this benchmark the next time someone tries to blame Obama for something someone else did.

I'm sure Obama would be happy to know that you guys are not going to hold him accountable for anything that happens on his watch that he did not actually do himself. That must be a huge load off his shoulders.

SEAL TEAM 6 killed Bin Laden, not Obama. He did not pull the trigger, so the thread title is a lie. Color me surprised... not.

But he gave the order that his advisers advised against. There was only a 40-60% chance OBL was actually in there.

The title came from the article. Sorry it made you cranky.

Luckily for him Seal Team 6 came through....:eusa_whistle:

Barack Obama once said........ "Osama bin Laden is innocent until proven guilty and must be captured alive and given a fair trial".....

....the only reason Barack Obama had a "hard time" with making the decision was weighing the political pros and cons based on whether the team was successful or not....he obviously thought they would be successful and he would use their success to his advantage....

make no mistake.....it was Navy Seal Team 6 that tagged and bagged Osama bin Laden.....

seal-team-62-1024x768.jpg

Obama never killed anybody. The Seal Team 6 killed Bin Laden. All Obama has done is make a political issue out of it. Obama said there would be no spiking of the football. Instead, politically, he's shoving that football up our asses.

Obama = noun, verb + I killed bin laden

go away

Why should he?

We have the right to criticize you punks as much as you guys criticize us and everything we post.

we also have a right to throw idiotic posts all over your stupid threads as well... you guys do it!

Equal rights for the down trodden con$$$
:finger3:

Remember how the Libs derided Rudy for his handling of 911, how they made it like he was a One Note Samba that he was "noun verb + 911"

Well isn't Obama "Noun verb I Killed bin laden"?

no you fucking retard, nobody derided Rudy for 9-11. Everyone makes fun of him because all he would say is 9-11 when he ran for office.

Seriously go play chicken with a bus, do us all a favor.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DteDRD6cbbM]Joe Biden: Noun + Verb + 9/11 = Giuliani Vocabulary - YouTube[/ame]

Barack Obama’s decision to go after Osama Bin Laden: how the president overruled his advisers in ordering the assassination - Slate Magazine

I don't want to drop this at the tail end of Mud dude's thread (sorry, name escapes me) because I feel it's more newsworthy than that.

Far from the no-brainer that Romney depicts, the secret, high-level discussions leading up to the raid were fraught with intense debate and uncertainty—and Obama’s final decisions, on both whether and how to attack, went against some of his top advisers’ recommendations.

Vice President Joe Biden revealed a few months ago that he had urged Obama not to mount the assault. Bergen and Allison report that Secretary of Defense Robert Gates joined him in the dissent—and they explain why.

In the weeks leading up to the decision, a group of counterterrorism officials, after conducting a “red-team” exercise of what could go wrong in such an attack, estimated that there was only a 40 percent chance Osama Bin Laden was actually in the compound. The CIA put the odds at 60 percent. Bergen quotes Michael Morell, the CIA’s deputy director, as telling the president that “the circumstantial case of Iraq having WMD was actually stronger than the circumstantial case that bin Laden is living in the Abbottabad compound

Faced with these uncertainties, a president could have been forgiven for holding back. Certainly, a decision to go ahead was no “slam dunk.” More to the point, if Obama had given the order, and it turned out that Bin Laden wasn’t there, it is an absolute sure thing that, one year later, Romney and his allies would still be lampooning Obama for his foolhardy recklessness and accusing him of letting the world’s No. 1 terrorist slip through our fingers, perhaps this time for good.

So I guess you now must support Bush for going to war against Irag now, right?

But he gave the order that his advisers advised against. There was only a 40-60% chance OBL was actually in there.

The title came from the article. Sorry it made you cranky.

So you've got the Obama White House desperately pumping up the Bin Laden raid as much as they possibly can to try and give the poor guy SOMETHING to run for reelection on but you're buying Joe Biden's song and dance about how Obama "went against his advisors"? That's laughable, Boop. First of all "if" the White House's resident idiot, Joe Biden, advised against it...that's almost a sure sign that it was the RIGHT thing to do. Secondly if only two advisors advised against that means that there were probably ten that advised to go ahead with it. Tough call there...

Barack Obama gets full credit for giving the order. He did however, what I think it's pretty safe to say, EVERY President we've had from Kennedy right on up to W. would have done. But trying to make THAT the watershed moment of his Presidency...the moment that he PROVED his mettle amounts to farce.

But I guess when the rest of your term has been one disappointment after another you take whatever DID go right...no matter how little you actually did to make that happen...and play it up for all you're worth. What else is he going to do...talk about the 117,000 private sector jobs created last month when they were predicting 175,000? Barry is in the Oval Office telling his troops to get him SOMETHING...ANYTHING...that will take the voter's minds off the economy.

Last edited:

Yeah, but Dear Leader showed the great courage and conviction to nod his head in the affirmative when asked if he would let the SEAL team take out OBL.

What courage it takes to nod. In the same situation, no more than 329.9999999999999999 million of the 330 million Americans would have done the same.

Such courage.

Next thing you know, he might even kill a spider himself, instead of screaming while standing on the toilet, and waiting for Michelle....

I find the title of this thread not only insulting to warriors who carried out the mission to take out UBL but also EVERY young warrior sent to that turd hole part of the world. While it's right to give the PResident his credit for making what was a very tough decision to enter into another nation and put at risk American lives to take out UBL, please do not forget the warriors who made this happen. THEY are the HERO's here.

Why should he?

We have the right to criticize you punks as much as you guys criticize us and everything we post.

we also have a right to throw idiotic posts all over your stupid threads as well... you guys do it!

Equal rights for the down trodden con$$$
:finger3:

Pussball is a pissy little girl, perpetually in wet panties.

He pisses himself anytime anyone criticizes his Messiah®.

Best to ignore him, he has zero influence.

Barack Obama’s decision to go after Osama Bin Laden: how the president overruled his advisers in ordering the assassination - Slate Magazine

I don't want to drop this at the tail end of Mud dude's thread (sorry, name escapes me) because I feel it's more newsworthy than that.

Far from the no-brainer that Romney depicts, the secret, high-level discussions leading up to the raid were fraught with intense debate and uncertainty—and Obama’s final decisions, on both whether and how to attack, went against some of his top advisers’ recommendations.

Vice President Joe Biden revealed a few months ago that he had urged Obama not to mount the assault. Bergen and Allison report that Secretary of Defense Robert Gates joined him in the dissent—and they explain why.

In the weeks leading up to the decision, a group of counterterrorism officials, after conducting a “red-team” exercise of what could go wrong in such an attack, estimated that there was only a 40 percent chance Osama Bin Laden was actually in the compound. The CIA put the odds at 60 percent. Bergen quotes Michael Morell, the CIA’s deputy director, as telling the president that “the circumstantial case of Iraq having WMD was actually stronger than the circumstantial case that bin Laden is living in the Abbottabad compound.”

Faced with these uncertainties, a president could have been forgiven for holding back. Certainly, a decision to go ahead was no “slam dunk.” More to the point, if Obama had given the order, and it turned out that Bin Laden wasn’t there, it is an absolute sure thing that, one year later, Romney and his allies would still be lampooning Obama for his foolhardy recklessness and accusing him of letting the world’s No. 1 terrorist slip through our fingers, perhaps this time for good.

No, US Navy Seals killed OBL.........

I'll bet Obama has never shot a gun in his entire life...

Forum List

Back