Barack Obama Killed Osama Bin Laden. Period.

Actually Obamination isn't part of the team when he steps into the spotlight and keeps taking the credit for it like he was there. He lost that angle when he twists this into a political gain to show he is a "tough guy."

Giving the ok on a mission that has to be done doesn't make him a hero or a tough guy. :cuckoo:

These young warriors of ST-6 and other Teams ask nothing for their dedication and duty, and put themselves at risk 100's of times a year to defend this nation. Take for instance the Maersk Alabama and the pirates taken out by ST members. It was not the person that sent them there that yielded the result, but the efforts of the ALL of those involved. THUS THE WORD TEAM!!! of which in the case of UBL President Obama was part of a team. Again, taking nothing away from what I am sure was and is a very hard decision to put warriors at risk anywhere in the world, let understand that once that word is given it takes the point end of the spear to actually make the kill once the order is given to do so, and these young people risk their lives so that we may live how we do, to be the point end of that spear. They have my utmost respect and admiration, and a hardy job well done!!!! as does the President as part of the American team that got this job done.

I find the title of this thread not only insulting to warriors who carried out the mission to take out UBL but also EVERY young warrior sent to that turd hole part of the world. While it's right to give the PResident his credit for making what was a very tough decision to enter into another nation and put at risk American lives to take out UBL, please do not forget the warriors who made this happen. THEY are the HERO's here.

That's the kind of thing that goes without saying because the actual ISSUE is people who want so badly to deny that the President gave the order, they will say anything, no matter how irrational.

In other words, people are trying to say the Seal Team would have done it without his say-so. There is not even a glimmer of truth in that allegation. He couldn't have done it without them, and vice-versa.

First ST-6 or any Team would not have acted without command authority to do so. You are talking about entering another nation with American SpecOps troops without invitation. An act like that would need the absolute highest authority to go on. So yes, I believe that the President should be given his due for making what is and was a very tough decision, however, the thread title seems to indicate that the President did so alone and I would suggest to you that all the warriors both Team members and intelligence people who got to the point where he could make the decision need to be given their respect as well, and more so, the warriors who ask little and operate out of view are the ones who we really need to thank here as they daily put their lives at risk for us. In other words it was a Team effort.

The thread title is the title of the article.

I find the title of this thread not only insulting to warriors who carried out the mission to take out UBL but also EVERY young warrior sent to that turd hole part of the world. While it's right to give the PResident his credit for making what was a very tough decision to enter into another nation and put at risk American lives to take out UBL, please do not forget the warriors who made this happen. THEY are the HERO's here.

That's the kind of thing that goes without saying because the actual ISSUE is people who want so badly to deny that the President gave the order, they will say anything, no matter how irrational.

In other words, people are trying to say the Seal Team would have done it without his say-so. There is not even a glimmer of truth in that allegation. He couldn't have done it without them, and vice-versa.

First ST-6 or any Team would not have acted without command authority to do so. You are talking about entering another nation with American SpecOps troops without invitation. An act like that would need the absolute highest authority to go on. So yes, I believe that the President should be given his due for making what is and was a very tough decision, however, the thread title seems to indicate that the President did so alone and I would suggest to you that all the warriors both Team members and intelligence people who got to the point where he could make the decision need to be given their respect as well, and more so, the warriors who ask little and operate out of view are the ones who we really need to thank here as they daily put their lives at risk for us. In other words it was a Team effort.

Quite correct. However, look at the number of people here that absolutely refuse to acknowledge that the President willingly put his Presidency on the line in order to bring justice to Bin Laden. All involved deserve kudos for a good job well done.

Well if the mission failed he would have taken some serious heat for it, as he should have.

No he woudn't. It was all set up before hand. If the mission failed, he would have said it was without authorization by a rogue Admiral. He didn't know anything about it and it wasn't his fault. The only one who risked anything was Admiral McRaven who would have been court martialed if the mission failed.

Are you serious?:confused:

Absolutely!

What 'Gutsy Call'?: CIA Memo Reveals Admiral Controlled bin Laden Mission - Page 2

The memo puts all control in the hands of Admiral McRaven – the “timing, operational decision making and control” are all up to McRaven. So the notion that Obama and his team were walking through every stage of the operation is incorrect. The hero here was McRaven, not Obama. And had the mission gone wrong, McRaven surely would have been thrown under the bus.

Most of what has come out of the white house has been bunk. obama hurried on television to announce his greatness was premature all by itself.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

OSAMA BIN LADEN was killed within 90 seconds of the US Navy Seals landing in his compound and not after a protracted gun battle, according to the first account by the men who carried out the raid. The operation was so clinical that only 12 bullets were fired.

The Seals have spoken out because they were angered at the version given by politicians, which they see as portraying them as cold-blooded murderers on a “kill mission”. They were also shocked that President Barack Obama announced bin Laden's death on television the same evening, rendering useless much of the intelligence they had seized.

obama couldn't even tell the truth about the Seal's code name for Bin Laden. It wasn't Geronimo as in great and powerful warrior. It was BERT as in muppet.

Seals Tell of Killing ‘Bert’ Laden | FrontPage Magazine

Geronimo was the word used to mean eyes on target. obama didn't know any of this because he didn't see it, he didn't order it and his "big stick" is a limp wet noodle.

What makes all this so hilarious is that every single rightwinger on this board is stupid enough to believe that they can honestly turn the killing of Bin Laden into a negative against President Obama.

That is how far removed from normal America these people are.

Well, progressives act like Obamafuck killed OBL himself and was the mastermind behind the operation.

ST-6 killed OBL NOT Obama.

What makes all this so hilarious is that every single rightwinger on this board is stupid enough to believe that they can honestly turn the killing of Bin Laden into a negative against President Obama.

Interesting, since MOST of the right here (myself included) give Obama credit for at least making the right decision on giving the go ahead. That would make that a...positive... for Obama.

Moron.

Well, progressives act like Obamafuck killed OBL himself and was the mastermind behind the operation.

puleeze..... buncha rightwingnut whiners....

what bush's ad would have looked like if his admin off'd bin laden:

Video - Jon Stewart asks how Republicans would have reacted had Bush killed bin Laden - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com

I heard a preview of an interview Brian Williams had with Obama, I'm not sure when it plays, but anyhow,

in it the President graciously gives ample credit to President Bush for his administrations part in the effort.

If the rightwing nuts around here were capable of being embarassed over their idiocy, that would do it.

Of course it won't.

I heard a preview of an interview Brian Williams had with Obama, I'm not sure when it plays, but anyhow,

in it the President graciously gives ample credit to President Bush for his administrations part in the effort.

If the rightwing nuts around here were capable of being embarassed over their idiocy, that would do it.

Of course it won't.

So...Obama agrees with the right that Bush administration efforts led to the ability of Obama to give the go ahead... and he is correct, but the right is not?

Are you high?

Video - Jon Stewart asks how Republicans would have reacted had Bush killed bin Laden - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com

"He honestly I think thanked everybody but Harvey Weinstein. Unbelievable!"

Actually Obamination isn't part of the team when he steps into the spotlight and keeps taking the credit for it like he was there. He lost that angle when he twists this into a political gain to show he is a "tough guy."

Giving the ok on a mission that has to be done doesn't make him a hero or a tough guy. :cuckoo:

These young warriors of ST-6 and other Teams ask nothing for their dedication and duty, and put themselves at risk 100's of times a year to defend this nation. Take for instance the Maersk Alabama and the pirates taken out by ST members. It was not the person that sent them there that yielded the result, but the efforts of the ALL of those involved. THUS THE WORD TEAM!!! of which in the case of UBL President Obama was part of a team. Again, taking nothing away from what I am sure was and is a very hard decision to put warriors at risk anywhere in the world, let understand that once that word is given it takes the point end of the spear to actually make the kill once the order is given to do so, and these young people risk their lives so that we may live how we do, to be the point end of that spear. They have my utmost respect and admiration, and a hardy job well done!!!! as does the President as part of the American team that got this job done.

File:US Navy organization.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't think I implied it made him a hero or "tough guy", what I did say however, that as CIC and part of the the USN Command Structure and where JSOC reports to and as such any operation like the one kill or capture UBL would require the "go no go" from the CIC and as such of course making a decision to send young American warriors into harms way is no easy decision , this one especially. All of those involved in this operation were part of the same team from the CIC on down to the "Operator" in ST-6. So as I said before the only hero's here, are the young people at the tip of the spear and all those warriors in that turf hole part of the world that made this possible. It does not however take away from what was a very hard decision on the Presidents part nor should it.

Sure it does. President Obama now ranks up there with those great military commanders... Churchill, Patton,
MacArthur, Eisenhower, Montgomery.

Look how lazy you are - is proper grammar that difficult???...

Sure it does. President Obama now ranks up there with those great military commanders... Churchill, Patton, MacArthur, Eisenhower, Montgomery.

OK, now let's see if you can tell us the difference between Obama and each of the men on your list (skin color is NOT it).

Oh, you're still here. We're mocking your absence in the Flame Zone, Minute Man.

Do you really think I care??

I have absolutely ZERO interest in meaningless babble....

I'm not Twelve-teen and this isn't a high school.

Quite correct. However, look at the number of people here that absolutely refuse to acknowledge that the President willingly put his Presidency on the line in order to bring justice to Bin Laden. All involved deserve kudos for a good job well done.

Rocks, I would submit to you that as CIC and President one of the responsiblites a person accepts as part of the job is that at some point in time they will be in a position where the decisions they make will effect lives both American and the lives of others. I tend to think that a President who would shy away from such a thing should not be in the White House and in that this President accepted his role as CIC as have many other Presidents before him, some much to their chagrin. Former President Carter comes to mind there, however, each time I engage in that debate I am always reminded not of the decision the President had to make, but the sacrifice several Americans made in the desert of Iran in the effort. So yes again, the President made a very tough decision but to say UBL is one man's trophy would be a slap in the face to all those young people who made that sacrifice. I would like to see the President each time he speaks on this focus his attention on that, much more so than the conversations he or his staff had during the raid in my humble opinion.

Barack Obama’s decision to go after Osama Bin Laden: how the president overruled his advisers in ordering the assassination - Slate Magazine

I don't want to drop this at the tail end of Mud dude's thread (sorry, name escapes me) because I feel it's more newsworthy than that.

Far from the no-brainer that Romney depicts, the secret, high-level discussions leading up to the raid were fraught with intense debate and uncertainty—and Obama’s final decisions, on both whether and how to attack, went against some of his top advisers’ recommendations.

Vice President Joe Biden revealed a few months ago that he had urged Obama not to mount the assault. Bergen and Allison report that Secretary of Defense Robert Gates joined him in the dissent—and they explain why.

In the weeks leading up to the decision, a group of counterterrorism officials, after conducting a “red-team” exercise of what could go wrong in such an attack, estimated that there was only a 40 percent chance Osama Bin Laden was actually in the compound. The CIA put the odds at 60 percent. Bergen quotes Michael Morell, the CIA’s deputy director, as telling the president that “the circumstantial case of Iraq having WMD was actually stronger than the circumstantial case that bin Laden is living in the Abbottabad compound.”

Faced with these uncertainties, a president could have been forgiven for holding back. Certainly, a decision to go ahead was no “slam dunk.” More to the point, if Obama had given the order, and it turned out that Bin Laden wasn’t there, it is an absolute sure thing that, one year later, Romney and his allies would still be lampooning Obama for his foolhardy recklessness and accusing him of letting the world’s No. 1 terrorist slip through our fingers, perhaps this time for good.

dang! and here I thought all along it was the Navy Seals who did the deed..

Forum List

Back