Barack Obama Killed Osama Bin Laden. Period.

The right wing gave President Obama no credit when bin Laden was killed. None. And they are giving him no credit now. But you can bet your sweet %#& that if it had been GWB, his praises would have been sung to the high heavens. And you can take that to the damn bank!!!

you are a moron and a liar. I personally gave Obama credit for giving the go ahead from day 1. Look back in this thread, multiple righties gave him credit for making the right call.

again, you're a liar and a moron.

No, I'm not. It's true and you know it. None of the press could get a Republican to say anything positive about it. As for the righties here, the reaction was far from overwhelmingly positive. So shut up, and get your facts straight before you start calling me a liar, you little twit.

The right wing gave President Obama no credit when bin Laden was killed. None. And they are giving him no credit now. But you can bet your sweet %#& that if it had been GWB, his praises would have been sung to the high heavens. And you can take that to the damn bank!!!

you are a moron and a liar. I personally gave Obama credit for giving the go ahead from day 1. Look back in this thread, multiple righties gave him credit for making the right call.

No, I'm not. It's true and you know it. None of the press could get a Republican to say anything positive about it. As for the righties here, the reaction was far from overwhelmingly positive. So shut up, and get your facts straight before you start calling me a liar, you little twit.

So, you go from 'no credit, none'... to 'far from overwhelmingly positive'..... and you have the nerve to say 'I'm' the liar? You contradicted yourself, and whine that 'I' need to get my facts straight?

When you've decided if it was 'no credit, none', or 'far from overwhelmingly positive', let us know, jackass.

You know...I dont disagree with you...however.....if you were honest, you would agree that if Bush had done it, the left would be all over him for taking credit for it.

Do you agree?

So, you go from 'no credit, none'... to 'far from overwhelmingly positive'..... and you have the nerve to say 'I'm' the liar? You contradicted yourself, and whine that 'I' need to get my facts straight?

When you've decided if it was 'no credit, none', or 'far from overwhelmingly positive', let us know, jackass.

I did not contradict myself. You sure have the right wing double talk down pat. Why don't you show me some links of all of those positive comments from the Republican leadership?? And which righties on this board praised the prez??? Let's have it, twit.

You know...I dont disagree with you...however.....if you were honest, you would agree that if Bush had done it, the left would be all over him for taking credit for it.

Do you agree?

Yes, I do. But I would have acknowledged his accomplishment, truly. When he sent our troops to Afghanistan, I was totally supportive of that action.

It is astounding to me that this silly thread is still active. What a stupid bunch of hanger-oners we have in the desperate Obamabots here....searching wildly for something Obama has done that really deserves applause.

It is astounding to me that this silly thread is still active. What a stupid bunch of hanger-oners we have in the desperate Obamabots here....searching wildly for something Obama has done that really deserves applause.

What are you talking about??? Nobody has to, "search wildly", for something Obama has done that really deserves applause. Well, except for hateful idiots such as yourself. Hate clouds your vision completely. Go soak your head. Maybe it will help.

What are you talking about??? Nobody has to, "search wildly", for something Obama has done that really deserves applause. Well, except for hateful idiots such as yourself. Hate clouds your vision completely. Go soak your head. Maybe it will help.
Every opportunity I get, I soak my head in Single Malt Scotch...as I did this evening at an open air seafood restaurant in Panama City, Florida...and a good time was had by all...watching sailboats and shrimp boats glide into harbor as the sunset provided a picturesque background with gulls and ospreys sailing at the bottom of their ocean of air. A perfect evening of dining and drinking with no thought whatsoever of the goddamned Marxist asshole Obama. I tipped the waitress about 40% and bade my driver to take me home.

Fuck this thread!

Last edited:
Barack Obama’s decision to go after Osama Bin Laden: how the president overruled his advisers in ordering the assassination - Slate Magazine

I don't want to drop this at the tail end of Mud dude's thread (sorry, name escapes me) because I feel it's more newsworthy than that.

Far from the no-brainer that Romney depicts, the secret, high-level discussions leading up to the raid were fraught with intense debate and uncertainty—and Obama’s final decisions, on both whether and how to attack, went against some of his top advisers’ recommendations.

Vice President Joe Biden revealed a few months ago that he had urged Obama not to mount the assault. Bergen and Allison report that Secretary of Defense Robert Gates joined him in the dissent—and they explain why.

In the weeks leading up to the decision, a group of counterterrorism officials, after conducting a “red-team” exercise of what could go wrong in such an attack, estimated that there was only a 40 percent chance Osama Bin Laden was actually in the compound. The CIA put the odds at 60 percent. Bergen quotes Michael Morell, the CIA’s deputy director, as telling the president that “the circumstantial case of Iraq having WMD was actually stronger than the circumstantial case that bin Laden is living in the Abbottabad compound.”

Faced with these uncertainties, a president could have been forgiven for holding back. Certainly, a decision to go ahead was no “slam dunk.” More to the point, if Obama had given the order, and it turned out that Bin Laden wasn’t there, it is an absolute sure thing that, one year later, Romney and his allies would still be lampooning Obama for his foolhardy recklessness and accusing him of letting the world’s No. 1 terrorist slip through our fingers, perhaps this time for good.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEyCjN9riiY]General Dwight D. Eisenhower's D-Day Speech - YouTube[/ame]

and......written the night before the landings...

failure-message.gif

quote;

“Our landings have failed and I have withdrawn the troops. My decision to attack at this time and place was based on the best information available. The troops, the air and the Navy did all that bravery could do.

If any blame or fault attaches to the attempt it is mine alone.”

Gen.DD Eisenhower
SHAEF

I don't recall Ike taking any victory laps, engage is smarmy, after the fact hand wringing or credit...:rolleyes:

Every opportunity I get, I soak my head in Single Malt Scotch...as I did this evening at an open air seafood restaurant in Panama City, Florida...and a good time was had by all...watching sailboats and shrimp boats glide into harbor as the sunset provided a picturesque background with gulls and ospreys sailing at the bottom of their ocean of air. A perfect evening of dining and drinking with no thought whatsoever of the goddamned Marxist asshole Obama. I tipped the waitress about 40% and bade my driver to take me home.

Fuck this thread!

Yes, I can see that you feel that way. :doubt:

Forum List

Back