Back surgery

Not necessary. Go see the Chinese acupunture/acupressure people.

Went through physical therapy and injections and none of it worked. Threw in the kiropraktor for good measure and came up empty handed.

I bet the upside-downy thingy would fix it.

Surgery is generally bad unless absolutely necessary.

I've tried everything.
As it stands I wake up after four hours in bed with excruciating pain that doesnt go away for anywhere from four to eight hours of sitting up right.

Have you tried the upside-downy thing? What I did to fix my back pain (the one that used to hit 5 mins after laying down) was grabbed a solid porch post and had my ogre helper pull my leg the other way. It fixed it!

It was really bad for 3 months and I feel for you.

Yeah it's a real bitch.
It's weird to have back problems that make your leg and buttocks hurt.
I have no actual pain in my back at all just nerve pain that runs down my right leg from my right upper buttock to just past my knee.
When I first get out of bed I need a walker left over from my hip replacement to make it to the bathroom.
When it gets to where you are I guess surgery is the only way... good luck friend and God be with you with your recovery...Keep us up to date as you progress....we can keep you smiling I'm sure...

What about the laser surgery in the commercial on TV. A little 1 inch incision, a bandaid and it's off to the golf course. Personally, I have a chiropractor who has a license for acupuncture and is a kinesiologist.
Laser surgery only works on soft tissue, most back pain is due to non soft tissue degeneration so is worthless. There's a reason it's not covered by insurance, snake oil salesmen.
He may be talking about the discectomy. It is a very quick recovery and very small incisions. It worked to help return function, but weakness is creeping back after 7 years. I couldn’t even wash my own hair, cut my own meat, etc before my cervical one. It was a life saver, in a way, and has bought me time.

Yeah....It hurts like a mofo when I first get up.
Cant even wipe my ass for at least four hours after waking.
As it is I go from the shitter to the shower first thing in the morning.
I call it the big bidet.lol

What about the laser surgery in the commercial on TV. A little 1 inch incision, a bandaid and it's off to the golf course. Personally, I have a chiropractor who has a license for acupuncture and is a kinesiologist.
Laser surgery only works on soft tissue, most back pain is due to non soft tissue degeneration so is worthless. There's a reason it's not covered by insurance, snake oil salesmen.
He may be talking about the discectomy. It is a very quick recovery and very small incisions. It worked to help return function, but weakness is creeping back after 7 years. I couldn’t even wash my own hair, cut my own meat, etc before my cervical one. It was a life saver, in a way, and has bought me time.

I hope your surgery fixes it.

Sorry to hear that I know how much the back can hurt...

Yeah, I try not to shit first thing in the morning or I can't wipe either but every doctor I talked to told me not to even consider fusion until I needed someone to wipe it for me at any time of the day. My back even wakes me up from time to time but I just have the wife rub Voltaren Gel on my back before I go to bed and it helps. I often put a pillow under my back for a while before going to sleep to stretch the back out, hurts like hell at first but eases out as the muscles stretch.

Yeah, I try not to shit first thing in the morning or I can't wipe either but every doctor I talked to told me not to even consider fusion until I needed someone to wipe it for me at any time of the day. My back even wakes me up from time to time but I just have the wife rub Voltaren Gel on my back before I go to bed and it helps. I often put a pillow under my back for a while before going to sleep to stretch the back out, hurts like hell at first but eases out as the muscles stretch.

Yeah...I'm lucky to get four hours of sleep before it becomes to painful to sleep.
We have a sleep number bed that helps a lot. If I go from firm to extremely soft and lay on my right side with a pillow between my legs I can get a few extra hours of sleep.

Has anyone experienced it?
Getting two and three vertebrae fused on Friday.

So sorry to hear! Did you try decompression therapy? It seems that once they start cutting on the back that they always end up going back in when it comes to ruptured discs. Be well and I will hold you up in prayer.
Obviously he hasn't. The dude can't even spell chiropractor. His quack will fix him right up..........if he has good insurance he'll REALLY "fix him up". He'll be on the operating table more often than the Thanksgiving dinner table !

Has anyone experienced it?
Getting two and three vertebrae fused on Friday.

So sorry to hear! Did you try decompression therapy? It seems that once they start cutting on the back that they always end up going back in when it comes to ruptured discs. Be well and I will hold you up in prayer.
Obviously he hasn't. The dude can't even spell chiropractor. His quack will fix him right up..........if he has good insurance he'll REALLY "fix him up". He'll be on the operating table more often than the Thanksgiving dinner table !

That was more of a joke but you appear to be sarcasm impaired.
I'll be sure to take that into account in future responses.
Ah who am I kidding...go fuck yourself you mentally impaired monkey.

TMI

TMI

Just truthing.

I know of two close friends who had surgery on their spine in their neck. The surgeon goes in from the front, by the throat....ouch. However, both had amazing results. In fact one friend who was completely incapacitated by the pain, was golfing within weeks of the surgery.

Forum List

Back