Back surgery

What about the laser surgery in the commercial on TV. A little 1 inch incision, a bandaid and it's off to the golf course. Personally, I have a chiropractor who has a license for acupuncture and is a kinesiologist.

I would try to avoid being cut open at all costs if possible. A lot of secondary complications from being cut open, like scar tissue, infection, chronic pain afterwards, problems healing, and back surgery is especially risky. One wrong move . . .

Sorry, don't mean to worry you. It works out well more often than not. Don't mind me! I'm just a wimp when it comes to pain and stuff, and I've never had a surgery before, so that would freak me out! Lol! :D Best of luck to you. Hope you make a quick recovery!

Has anyone experienced it?
Getting two and three vertebrae fused on Friday.
these days any good orthopod wouldn't do a fuse job until it got so bad you were crawling into his/her office on your belly because it's the only locomotion you're capable of.

Spinal Fusion Is It Worth It? More Research Says No... - Regenexx®

Classic Papers in Orthopaedics

Alternatives;

Spinal Fusion Alternatives

I would get a second, third, forth, fifth, sixth, seventh, etc ad nauseum opinion before I submitted myself to spinal fusion.

What about the laser surgery in the commercial on TV. A little 1 inch incision, a bandaid and it's off to the golf course. Personally, I have a chiropractor who has a license for acupuncture and is a kinesiologist.
Laser surgery only works on soft tissue, most back pain is due to non soft tissue degeneration so is worthless. There's a reason it's not covered by insurance, snake oil salesmen.

Laser surgery only works on soft tissue, most back pain is due to non soft tissue degeneration so is worthless. There's a reason it's not covered by insurance, snake oil salesmen.
He may be talking about the discectomy. It is a very quick recovery and very small incisions. It worked to help return function, but weakness is creeping back after 7 years. I couldn’t even wash my own hair, cut my own meat, etc before my cervical one. It was a life saver, in a way, and has bought me time.

Ask about a coflex device. They put one in me and I am extremely satisfied. You can look up the whole surgery on utube. Ask about all your options.

I am also a fan of acupuncture if done by a true professional. Would suggest you incorporate the needle lady with recovery. It is not a cure all but some of the results are mind boggling.
How long have you had it, Shrimpbox?

He may be talking about the discectomy. It is a very quick recovery and very small incisions. It worked to help return function, but weakness is creeping back after 7 years. I couldn’t even wash my own hair, cut my own meat, etc before my cervical one. It was a life saver, in a way, and has bought me time.

That is terrible. You poor thing. :(

Yes, a soft tissue procedure so it's quite applicable, the problem is they advertise for pretty much every medical back issue which is for all intent and purposes a lie.

Thanks, Chris, not looking for sympathy though, just been there, done that. I feel blessed after the accidents I was in to still be walking, and finding the right doctor.

That is terrible. You poor thing. :(

Not necessary. Go see the Chinese acupunture/acupressure people.

Went through physical therapy and injections and none of it worked. Threw in the kiropraktor for good measure and came up empty handed.

I bet the upside-downy thingy would fix it.

Surgery is generally bad unless absolutely necessary.

I've tried everything.
As it stands I wake up after four hours in bed with excruciating pain that doesnt go away for anywhere from four to eight hours of sitting up right.

My father had back surgery back in the 50s when he was middle aged. He had a 'missing disk.' I don't know what they did to repair it as I was a little kid, but I do know it was successful and he had few problems for the rest of his life. He was never on pain meds (except maybe right after the surgery). He sometimes did back stretches. A few times in the early days he wore a brace (a girdle type thing around his lower back) but didn't keep that up. He lived to be 80, and his back was never a big problen throughout his life. I think if they can do such a good job with back surgery back then, it must be a great deal improved by this time, and you shouldn't have any problems or be aprehensive. Good luck.

Went through physical therapy and injections and none of it worked. Threw in the kiropraktor for good measure and came up empty handed.

I've tried everything.
As it stands I wake up after four hours in bed with excruciating pain that doesnt go away for anywhere from four to eight hours of sitting up right.

Have you tried the upside-downy thing? What I did to fix my back pain (the one that used to hit 5 mins after laying down) was grabbed a solid porch post and had my ogre helper pull my leg the other way. It fixed it!

It was really bad for 3 months and I feel for you.

In my case they're putting a small device between the second and third vertebrae that encourages bone growth and putting a few screws in to hold it together until it heals.

I've tried everything.

Have you tried the upside-downy thing? What I did to fix my back pain (the one that used to hit 5 mins after laying down) was grabbed a solid porch post and had my ogre helper pull my leg the other way. It fixed it!

It was really bad for 3 months and I feel for you.

Yeah it's a real bitch.
It's weird to have back problems that make your leg and buttocks hurt.
I have no actual pain in my back at all just nerve pain that runs down my right leg from my right upper buttock to just past my knee.
When I first get out of bed I need a walker left over from my hip replacement to make it to the bathroom.

In my case they're putting a small device between the second and third vertebrae that encourages bone growth and putting a few screws in to hold it together until it heals.
That sounds reasonable. Probably similar to what my dad had.

Don't know much about back surgery except my brother had it last year and he is a new man today.
He has a big scar and went through some rehab after but everything went well...hope the same goes for you.

I would try to avoid being cut open at all costs if possible. A lot of secondary complications from being cut open, like scar tissue, infection, chronic pain afterwards, problems healing, and back surgery is especially risky. One wrong move . . .

Sorry, don't mean to worry you. It works out well more often than not. Don't mind me! I'm just a wimp when it comes to pain and stuff, and I've never had a surgery before, so that would freak me out! Lol! :D Best of luck to you. Hope you make a quick recovery!

The surgeon said I shouldnt have a problem since it's a simple matter of pressure on the nerve.

Forum List

Back