Awesome Scenery

You were raised in a motel?

Kinda... My mom built a huge house "for the kids" but finished it after we had all left. I grew up in a much more modest house up behind the one in the link I provided. We started out with no electricity or other amenities. Wood stove.... We did have running water from a spring to a well that was piped to the home...and a septic tank so there was an indoor toilet when we first moved in when I was around 7. I slept in the big house closer to the beach(the one pictured in the link) many times visiting my mom thruout the years. Did much work on it. Replaced the front decks...some interior construction. But ...Ya...that big house was only slightly remodeled and in it's current life is a very nice motel. According to many...the nicest one on the most beautiful Island on the planet.

Muncho Lake mile 437 Alaska Highway:

dsc00596rd.jpg

Yukon River near Marsh Lake:
dsc00274cz.jpg

The Watson Lake "Sign forest"...a.k.a. the world`s largest collection of stolen city property:
dsc00264gx.jpg

dsc00550be.jpg

The Cassiar, going from BC into the YKT:
yukon2.jpg

(That`s where I raised my kids)

dsc00302dp.jpg

This is where I worked:
View from Otter looking at the Tanquary Glacier, Ellesmere Island:
tanquaryglacier3.jpg

"Airforce Valley" Glacier:
airforcevalley4.jpg

My old home town Landsberg am Lech Bavaria:
7810hochwasserll.jpg

Only minutes away on our no speed limit Autobahn from this:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Xivq4eoFQ]Fliegerlied Hackerzelt Wiesn 2009 - YouTube[/ame]

One of my little friends:

Good thing that injured golden eagle chick I found and nursed back to health was a long way from your little friend.
eaglesu.jpg

I had a cat that watched how I was trying to teach him how to feed himself. Every morning that cat went out in that meadow and caught a bunch of field mice and laid them out for "Baron Richthofen's" breakfast.
When he was well he claimed that area as his home and swooped down every time I walked my dog.
A year later he was big enough to eat my German Shepperd for breakfast if he wanted to.

One of my friends in Germany sent me a nice slideshow from his weekend trip to Madeira...I took some screenshots:
sshot2i.png

sshot1el.png

sshot3rf.png

I've been in every State except Hawaii, so I would not be able to tell the difference just from the pictures.
I forgot how much Peter paid for airfare + his Hotel stay, but I remember that it was less than what it costs me to fly from Winnipeg to Minneapolis to do some decent weekend shopping.

East Texas is great in mid March and early April b/c the Bluebonnets bloom. The scene only lasts for about three to seven weeks, so you have to savor it.

texasbluebonnets2.jpg

A foggy morning on the Quinnnipiac Trail, Sleeping Giant State Park, Hamden, Connecticut. My wife or I took this.

2qjc3eq.jpg

A view to the west of Lysefjord, over the Crack, from Preikestolen (Pulpit Rock), Forsand, Ryfylke, Norway. My shot.

2mo6pdw.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back