Awesome Scenery

This is my view of the world... as far as the eye can see.

Flat expansive Illinois farmland. And I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I can visit fancy places, but this is home. And I like it just fine.

land.jpg

Looks a lot like KY. If this is IL, you aren't far from me.

This is my view of the world... as far as the eye can see.

Flat expansive Illinois farmland. And I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I can visit fancy places, but this is home. And I like it just fine.

land.jpg

Looks a lot like KY. If this is IL, you aren't far from me.

I said Kansas; but that makes sense. Most of Kansas is uglier than that.

My neck of the woods (pic found on the net) :

CambriaShores_ocean-view.sm.jpg

This is Moonstone Beach. A section of it.

indian_creek_siuslaw_national_forest_oregon-normal.jpg

My mother grew up in these hills. I live just a tick to the west now, and still see them every day.

holman_vista_creek_north.jpg

I grew up playing along these creeks and bogs...and believe me when I tell you they are dangerous.

I took the kids and the dogs out last spring in this area, and almost lost klaus in a deep water hole that he followed a tiny little stream into then couldn't get out of. The tributary joined the creek shown here, and doesn't even have a name that I'm aware of. Just one of many. I followed the sound of his barking and had to pull him out. He was up to his neck in water, with his chin on a log that went across the west end of the tiny, deep pool (maybe 36" across). His body was stretched vertically because he was trying to purchase with his hind legs...but there was no purchase. The hole was as deep as he was...and the bottom was soft, soft sand. He couldn't get his front legs up onto the bank the way he was positioned...I had to turn him. I think he learned though, and hopefully won't make the same mistake again.

My childhood front yard.

View attachment 25467

Looking South from the head of West Sound, Orcas Island, WA. 160 acres are behind the camera.

Paradise.

Yes It Was and Is.

The place is now called "Pebble Cove Farm". Here is a link where you can enjoy more photos of my home.

Pebble Cove Farm (Orcas Island, WA) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

OOPS! Forgot to add that my former home is "Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Orcas Island".

That says something as Orcas Island has some of the most spectacular views and first class hotels in America.

Forum List

Back