Attn. Palin Supporters

Currently on Intrade, the odds of Palin announcing she is a candidate are a bit more than 60%, the odds of her winning the nomination are about 25%, and the odds of the Republicans winning in 12 are 40%.

FWIW, the odds of Obama being challenged in the primaries are a bit better than one in three.

Intrade Prediction Markets

did she not say she "wouldn't rule it out"? That is politician for "definitely" imo.

Normally I'd agree with you, but with Palin, the second she announces she is off the proverbial market her stock plummets and she loses money.

The girl knows how to be coy.
Actually, Palin is a grown woman. And, it's more common for a politician to be coy than a 'girl'.

My sexism detector is beeping too frequently with that sort of rhetoric regardless of the political leanings of the woman. No woman deserves that sort of attempted marginalization.

Yeah, I don't read minds - only words on a forum. I'd apologize, but there really is no reason to do so.

I figured the :razz: and the whole "100% of Democrats" would give it away.

I'm not asking for a apology, but just saying lighten up.

President Obama has had a terrible first year. Look for many if not most Democrats running for re-election this year to try to distance themselves from him as much as possible when the campaigns start heating up later in the year. The only ones who will want Obama to campaign for them are those in heavily minority or welfare districts or so wacko leftwing that they won't vote for anything other than a liberal Democrat no matter who he or she is.

Unless the economy drastically improves and Obama can find some way to show that he can command respect, exercise leadership, and get things done--none of which he has demonstrated thus far--I think Hillary could give him a serious run for the money in the 2012 primaries. She has already signaled that she won't serve another term as Secretary of State and realistically this is her last shot.

Sarah meanwhile continues to be the most polarizing figure on the American scene right now. She is a coveted guest EVERYWHERE and a media magnet like I haven't seen in a very long time. And people who don't decide in advance to hate her do like her. She is consistently on message and she has said and has demonstrated that she is studying the issues earnestly. She has signaled that she will answer the call if she is asked to run.

How would she stack up against Obama? I think his regime is plenty worried about it or they wouldn't be falling all over themselves to ridicule her and try to discredit her. But then I think Obama would be worried if his anticipated opponent was Mickey Mouse right now. He certainly would not like another contest with Hillary in it.

How would Sarah stack up against Hillary? I'm not sure. I think it really depends on whether Sarah can win the people's confidence as well as admiration. And that is too soon to tell yet.

And I'm saying I don't read minds, only words on a forum. You have an issue with that, obviously.

I never said you do read minds and I don't have an issue with that. I'm just saying lighten up. :eusa_eh:

President Obama has had a terrible first year. Look for many if not most Democrats running for re-election this year to try to distance themselves from him as much as possible when the campaigns start heating up later in the year. The only ones who will want Obama to campaign for them are those in heavily minority or welfare districts or so wacko leftwing that they won't vote for anything other than a liberal Democrat no matter who he or she is.

Unless the economy drastically improves and Obama can find some way to show that he can command respect, exercise leadership, and get things done--none of which he has demonstrated thus far--I think Hillary could give him a serious run for the money in the 2012 primaries. She has already signaled that she won't serve another term as Secretary of State and realistically this is her last shot.

Sarah meanwhile continues to be the most polarizing figure on the American scene right now. She is a coveted guest EVERYWHERE and a media magnet like I haven't seen in a very long time. And people who don't decide in advance to hate her do like her. She is consistently on message and she has said and has demonstrated that she is studying the issues earnestly. She has signaled that she will answer the call if she is asked to run.

How would she stack up against Obama? I think his regime is plenty worried about it or they wouldn't be falling all over themselves to ridicule her and try to discredit her. But then I think Obama would be worried if his anticipated opponent was Mickey Mouse right now. He certainly would not like another contest with Hillary in it.

How would Sarah stack up against Hillary? I'm not sure. I think it really depends on whether Sarah can win the people's confidence as well as admiration. And that is too soon to tell yet.

How can one judge whether Obama had a "terrible" first year?

Did he keep many of his campaign promises? Yep. Even if you don't agree with him.

He got the Stimulus passed too.

I dunno what you were trying to say with this:

The only ones who will want Obama to campaign for them are those in heavily minority or welfare districts or so wacko leftwing that they won't vote for anything other than a liberal Democrat no matter who he or she is.

Especially when some of the people most upset with him are Liberals.

The Stock Market has improved under Obama and the amount of job losses is finally hitting near zero overall. We're not out of the woods yet, but getting there.

Meanwhile you prop up Palin to be some perfect figure. And you call Obama's Administration a "Regime".

I think if you take some of the things out of your post, it's not so horribly bias. However, otherwise, it's a joke and out of touch with reality.

Wow, still having issues with the fact that I read words and not your mind, eh?

Lighten up, kid.

I don't need to lighten up, I am quite happy with myself and my life at the moment. I am not feeling the greatest due to being sick all day, however I otherwise have great health. I have great friends, great family, and I get to be in college where many others do not have the opportunity for various reasons.

Your problem however, I have no idea. I'm just saying you don't need to be so serious all the time on here is all.

How can one judge whether Obama had a "terrible" first year?

Did he keep many of his campaign promises? Yep. Even if you don't agree with him.

Which ones did he keep?

If you are a republican and are thinking of voting for Palin in the primaries, can you explain to us how you think she can beat Obama?

Obama is beating himself...he is his own worst enemy...every time he opens his mouth to read the teleprompter about Obamacare...the furter his polls go down the toilet.

That's a fact Jack.

Wow, still having issues with the fact that I read words and not your mind, eh?

Lighten up, kid.

I don't need to lighten up, I am quite happy with myself and my life at the moment. I am not feeling the greatest due to being sick all day, however I otherwise have great health. I have great friends, great family, and I get to be in college where many others do not have the opportunity for various reasons.

Your problem however, I have no idea. I'm just saying you don't need to be so serious all the time on here is all.
STILL having issues with the fact that I read words and not your mind?

Wow. You need to really lighten up. Perhaps focus on something realistic and not get so upset when a poster can't read your mind?

STILL having issues with the fact that I read words and not your mind?

Wow. You need to really lighten up. Perhaps focus on something realistic and not get so upset when a poster can't read your mind?

Oh, I get it. You're trolling. :lol:

Kerry on. :thup:

LOL. Those are some unimpressive 'promises' he kept. Most of them were so vague during the campaign that he could burp and the left would interpret that as a kept promise anyway.

Welcome to the world of politics! Would you like a tour of the place?

Seriously though, he wasn't always specific in the campaign on what he wanted to do. However, there are plenty of specific campaign promises he kept. Many of which were able to occur through the Stimulus.

Also, I wouldn't call Politifact a "left" site or even a biased one.

Last edited:
LOL. Those are some unimpressive 'promises' he kept. Most of them were so vague during the campaign that he could burp and the left would interpret that as a kept promise anyway.

Welcome to the world of politics! Would you like a tour of the place?
From you? :lol:

"Hope and Change"

And you bought it.

.... Seriously though, he wasn't always specific in the campaign on what he wanted to do. However, there are plenty of specific campaign promises he kept. Many of which were able to occur through the Stimulus.
Like what?

Forum List

Back