Attn. Palin Supporters

THIS was your "comment" to the list provided:

There was a time when you could do better than this. Apparently, you have been hit with a partisan stick. That's a shame.
Ah, so you finally read.

What exactly do you dispute about my comments?

That's what we do in civil discussion - back and forth without getting personal and deflecting.

That's the problem with comments like yours. They are your OPINION. How can I dispute your OPINION? You are allowed to have your OPINION.

Actually according to Obama we aren't.

He sometimes lets us have an opinion but he's openly critical and sarcastic towards anyone who voices one. This is the first time I've ever witnessed such a classless attitude from a President.

President Obama has had a terrible first year. Look for many if not most Democrats running for re-election this year to try to distance themselves from him as much as possible when the campaigns start heating up later in the year. The only ones who will want Obama to campaign for them are those in heavily minority or welfare districts or so wacko leftwing that they won't vote for anything other than a liberal Democrat no matter who he or she is.

Unless the economy drastically improves and Obama can find some way to show that he can command respect, exercise leadership, and get things done--none of which he has demonstrated thus far--I think Hillary could give him a serious run for the money in the 2012 primaries. She has already signaled that she won't serve another term as Secretary of State and realistically this is her last shot.

Sarah meanwhile continues to be the most polarizing figure on the American scene right now. She is a coveted guest EVERYWHERE and a media magnet like I haven't seen in a very long time. And people who don't decide in advance to hate her do like her. She is consistently on message and she has said and has demonstrated that she is studying the issues earnestly. She has signaled that she will answer the call if she is asked to run.

How would she stack up against Obama? I think his regime is plenty worried about it or they wouldn't be falling all over themselves to ridicule her and try to discredit her. But then I think Obama would be worried if his anticipated opponent was Mickey Mouse right now. He certainly would not like another contest with Hillary in it.

How would Sarah stack up against Hillary? I'm not sure. I think it really depends on whether Sarah can win the people's confidence as well as admiration. And that is too soon to tell yet.

How can one judge whether Obama had a "terrible" first year?

Did he keep many of his campaign promises? Yep. Even if you don't agree with him.

Which ones did he keep?
He runs the most transparent operation I can recall. you can see through his bullshit like no one else's

President Obama has had a terrible first year. Look for many if not most Democrats running for re-election this year to try to distance themselves from him as much as possible when the campaigns start heating up later in the year. The only ones who will want Obama to campaign for them are those in heavily minority or welfare districts or so wacko leftwing that they won't vote for anything other than a liberal Democrat no matter who he or she is.

Unless the economy drastically improves and Obama can find some way to show that he can command respect, exercise leadership, and get things done--none of which he has demonstrated thus far--I think Hillary could give him a serious run for the money in the 2012 primaries. She has already signaled that she won't serve another term as Secretary of State and realistically this is her last shot.

Sarah meanwhile continues to be the most polarizing figure on the American scene right now. She is a coveted guest EVERYWHERE and a media magnet like I haven't seen in a very long time. And people who don't decide in advance to hate her do like her. She is consistently on message and she has said and has demonstrated that she is studying the issues earnestly. She has signaled that she will answer the call if she is asked to run.

How would she stack up against Obama? I think his regime is plenty worried about it or they wouldn't be falling all over themselves to ridicule her and try to discredit her. But then I think Obama would be worried if his anticipated opponent was Mickey Mouse right now. He certainly would not like another contest with Hillary in it.

How would Sarah stack up against Hillary? I'm not sure. I think it really depends on whether Sarah can win the people's confidence as well as admiration. And that is too soon to tell yet.

How can one judge whether Obama had a "terrible" first year?

Did he keep many of his campaign promises? Yep. Even if you don't agree with him.

He got the Stimulus passed too.

I dunno what you were trying to say with this:

The only ones who will want Obama to campaign for them are those in heavily minority or welfare districts or so wacko leftwing that they won't vote for anything other than a liberal Democrat no matter who he or she is.

Especially when some of the people most upset with him are Liberals.

The Stock Market has improved under Obama and the amount of job losses is finally hitting near zero overall. We're not out of the woods yet, but getting there.

Meanwhile you prop up Palin to be some perfect figure. And you call Obama's Administration a "Regime".

I think if you take some of the things out of your post, it's not so horribly bias. However, otherwise, it's a joke and out of touch with reality.

Taking your last point first, the stock market has gained only because there is no economic growth, real estate continues to lose value, the dollar continues to lose value making it foolish to depend on any form of interest earnings, and the stock market is the only place left. Evenso, it has remained essentially flat for much of the year and every time it surges ahead a bit, Obama gets on television and says something to spook investors, and we lose a couple of hundred points. This has happened with such regularity, I suspect it is intentional. Perhaps so that he can continue to demonize Wall Street as his villain with impunity?

As for why he has had a really bad year, there is that and. . .

He promised no earmarks and then signed off on an enormous appropriations bill that was loaded with them.

He promised a fully transparent government with open debates and negotiations on C-Span and full disclosure of all legislation before he signed off on it, and then has almost completely ignored that campaign pledge.

He pushed through a massive stimulus package that has proved to be quite unpopular once it was discovered that it had been fraudulently represented to the people.

He promised to close GITMO within months of taking office. It is still open. (Actually conservatives like that but his constituency doesn't.)

He ordered government takeovers of financial institutions and the auto industry which has proved to be quite unpopular, especially when he used these as payola for his union buddies and refused to endorse any real reforms that might have made things better.

He has ordered Miranda rights read to terrorists and putting them on trial in U.S. courts which has proved to be unpopular even among much of his own constituency.

He has not been able to convince a single other nation to agree with a single one of his initiatives.

He couldn't get the Olympics.

He couldn't get Cap & Trade passed.

He couldn't get healthcare reform passed.

His poll numbers have been declining almost since day one as it becomes ever apparent that he has no clear convictions (that he dares make public anyway), no leadership ability, no influence on the international scene, and no ability to get done what he promises to do.

He was forced to give a State of the Union address without one major accomplishment that he could point to with pride despite having solid majorities in both houses of Congress and a favorable press unlike anything this country has ever seen.

And if the Democrats take a blood bath at the polls in November, he will be blamed for it.

That, my friend, is a really bad year.

You probably won't understand it since you seem to think I held up Sarah Palin as perfect which I didn't and nobody who was not totally biased would think that I did.

Last edited:
LOL, a Viable candidate?
A lot of us was asking that same question when the Obama was running. Actually, a lot of us are STILL asking.
Palin is certainly more of a "viable" candidate than the Obama , being she was a Mayor first, then elected a Governor. but don't let all that get in your way.:lol:

Irrelevant now (and obviously most Americans thought it was irrelevant from the get go).

Obama will have "executive experience" in 2012, and Palin will have spent her time giving speeches.

did she not say she "wouldn't rule it out"? That is politician for "definitely" imo.

Normally I'd agree with you, but with Palin, the second she announces she is off the proverbial market her stock plummets and she loses money.

The girl knows how to be coy.
Actually, Palin is a grown woman. And, it's more common for a politician to be coy than a 'girl'.

My sexism detector is beeping too frequently with that sort of rhetoric regardless of the political leanings of the woman. No woman deserves that sort of attempted marginalization.

Give me a break. Palin has chosen to be a public persona. That means she suffers the slings and arrows in her attempt at outrageous fortune.

LOL, a Viable candidate?
A lot of us was asking that same question when the Obama was running. Actually, a lot of us are STILL asking.
Palin is certainly more of a "viable" candidate than the Obama , being she was a Mayor first, then elected a Governor. but don't let all that get in your way.:lol:

Irrelevant now (and obviously most Americans thought it was irrelevant from the get go).

Obama will have "executive experience" in 2012, and Palin will have spent her time giving speeches.

Sarah can't go it alone and win, and it is too early to tell whether she will have enough support to enter the primaries. It is also too early to tell whether the people will see her as ready or the best choice. But if Barack Obama's approval ratings continue to plumment over the next three years as they did in the first, especially if they start affecting his likeability numbers, Barack Obama will lose to almost ANYBODY running against him. If somebody like Hillary smells a great deal of vulnerability, he or she could challenge him in the primary and he might not even get the nomination for a second term.

Executive experience that sucks.....well it will be seen as executive experience that sucks. At least Palin's executive experience didn't suck.

Last edited:
Normally I'd agree with you, but with Palin, the second she announces she is off the proverbial market her stock plummets and she loses money.

The girl knows how to be coy.
Actually, Palin is a grown woman. And, it's more common for a politician to be coy than a 'girl'.

My sexism detector is beeping too frequently with that sort of rhetoric regardless of the political leanings of the woman. No woman deserves that sort of attempted marginalization.

Give me a break. Palin has chosen to be a public persona. That means she suffers the slings and arrows in her attempt at outrageous fortune.
Dude, your hatred of her is laughable. Most likely because your boy is proving to be such a failure.

And, you put her down for quitting her job as governor so, let me ask you this:

YOU QUIT!..you quit the military so, just what the FUCK makes YOU any different than her?

Bottom line, you're no different. YOU QUIT!.....YOU ARE A QUITTER!.....No difference whatsofucking ever!

And you hate quitters?..........LMFAO!:lol:

If you are a republican and are thinking of voting for Palin in the primaries, can you explain to us how you think she can beat Obama?

Well now that should not be hard at all. You are kidding aren't ya??
Broken promises and this is just one year.

1. Transperency.
2. Earmarks.
3. The quadrupling of the national debt.
4. The no stimulus stimulus bill, in which 2 billion just went overseas to create jobs over there on a wind turbine plant. More to come on that front.:lol::lol:
5. Unemployment will not go above 8%.
6. The reading of miranda rights to the underwear bomber.
7. The civilian trial for the 9-11 master mind.
8. Back room deals on health care, the corn husker kick back, the louisianna purchase, the union deal, the buy out on Florida for the medicare fund.
9. And today he is " agnostic" about raising taxes on the middle class, after he pledged over and over and over again that he would not raise taxes on anyone making less than $250,000. For all of you who do not know what agnostic means, it's a big word for " I don't know."

Need more???????????????My local dog catcher could beat him with the ammunition he or she has been gifted with, any one could torpedo that campaign with just using Obama's own words all on U-tube for all to be reminded of come re-election time. It's gonna be so bad he ought to just drop out of the race and save the DNC some money.

Hell, we won't need anyone to run against him he has done a very fine job of killing any chances he has for a second term all by himself.:lol::lol:

Last edited:
If you are a republican and are thinking of voting for Palin in the primaries, can you explain to us how you think she can beat Obama?

Well now that should not be hard at all. You are kidding aren't ya??
Broken promises and this is just one year.

1. Transperency.
2. Earmarks.
3. The quadrupling of the national debt.
4. The no stimulus stimulus bill, in which 2 billion just went overseas to create jobs over there on a wind turbine plant. More to come on that front.:lol::lol:
5. Unemployment will not go above 8%.
6. The reading of miranda rights to the underwear bomber.
7. The civilian trial for the 9-11 master mind.
8. Back room deals on health care, the corn husker kick back, the louisianna purchase, the union deal, the buy out on Florida for the medicare fund.
9. And today he is " agnostic" about raising taxes on the middle class, after he pledged over and over and over again that he would not raise taxes on anyone making less than $250,000. For all of you who do not know what agnostic means, it's a big word for " I don't know."

Need more???????????????My local dog catcher could beat him with the ammunition he or she has been gifted with, any one could torpedo that campaign with just using Obama's own words all on U-tube for all to see.

Hell, we won't need anyone to run against him he has done a very fine job of killing any chances he has for a second term all by himself.:lol::lol:

well at least you came up with reasons.

LOL, a Viable candidate?

Sarah can't go it alone and win, and it is too early to tell whether she will have enough support to enter the primaries. It is also too early to tell whether the people will see her as ready or the best choice. But if Barack Obama's approval ratings continue to plumment over the next three years as they did in the first, especially if they start affecting his likeability numbers, Barack Obama will lose to almost ANYBODY running against him. If somebody like Hillary smells a great deal of vulnerability, he or she could challenge him in the primary and he might not even get the nomination for a second term.

Executive experience that sucks.....well it will be seen as executive experience that sucks. At least Palin's executive experience didn't suck.

I don't think that she will run,why should she, she is making millions doing what she is doing now, she has more power than anyone does just from her facebook account, she is having a great time on the speech circuit stumping for candidates making more money.

It would be crazy to give that up, she is a great motivator and yeilds that power very well. She gets the WH attention every time she sneezes. She is very powerful right where she is and making lots of money, having a great time doing what she is doing.

Here's your candidates.
Mitt Romney
Tim Pawlenty.
Maybe Newt Gingrich.
Rick Santorim.

I would bet my bottom dollar that one of the above is going to be the candidate for President, they are all fiscal conservatives and they are all people very capable of sending Barrach home to Chicago, especially with the warehouse full of ammunition he has provided them with.

I don't think that she will run,why should she, she is making millions doing what she is doing now, she has more power than anyone does just from her facebook account, she is having a great time on the speech circuit stumping for candidates making more money.

It would be crazy to give that up, she is a great motivator and yeilds that power very well. She gets the WH attention every time she sneezes. She is very powerful right where she is and making lots of money, having a great time doing what she is doing.

Here's your candidates.
Mitt Romney
Tim Pawlenty.
Maybe Newt Gingrich.
Rick Santorim.

I would bet my bottom dollar that one of the above is going to be the candidate for President, they are all fiscal conservatives and they are all people very capable of sending Barrach home to Chicago, especially with the warehouse full of ammunition he has provided them with.

she's running and she'll win the nomination.

Spent the afternoon with a friend today who has always been a Dem, Vietnam era vet and an independent business owner with normally over forty employees. Had not seen him for three or more years. I asked him what he thought of Palin. He said he liked her and would vote for her. He like the idea that she has an independent nature. He is also sick of the corruption that is taking this country into the abyss.

Here's your candidates.
Mitt Romney
Tim Pawlenty.
Maybe Newt Gingrich.
Rick Santorim.

You could be right Maple, but we are still two years out before we have to pick a candidate. The only one on your list who doesn't bring a huge amount of accumulated baggage or negatives is Pawlenty, and he has a lot of work to do to build sufficient name recognition to be viable AND convince the Tea Partiers that he is the real deal.

The Tea Partiers have no doubt whether Sarah is the real deal. But is she the best candidate we can put up? I sure do like her but she hasn't convinced me yet that she's ready for the Presidency. She has a lot of time to work on me though. :)

she's running and she'll win the nomination.

You probably have already addressed this Elvis, but my life is pretty crazy right now and I'm having some trouble keeping up in some of these fast moving threads.

Do you see it as a good thing that she runs and wins the nomination?

Forum List

Back