Despite all the nice talk, partisanship reigns

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Despite all the nice talk, partisanship reigns

WASHINGTON – Partisanship is reaching new heights in Washington, even as President Barack Obama makes almost daily pleas to get along. He's scheduled a bipartisan health care summit, and just Tuesday he hosted GOP leaders at the White House for the first time in two months.

But he often undercuts his overtures with his own jabs at Republicans. And there's little indication the GOP is taking his comments as anything but political.

Despite all the nice talk, partisanship reigns - Yahoo! News

the only people who don't see obama's call for nice talk or stop petty politics as meadowmuffins are his forever loving worshippers....nice to see folks in the AP catching on to obama's bs...i called this over a week ago

Give and take means exactly that, it doesn't mean secret bills drawn up at night that nobody reads that you are ordered to vote for.

One party rule went to Barry's head, and even with it he couldn't get anything done.

He had best learn to stop the jibes and insults, or he can forget about passing anything else.

What the hell is wrong with partisanship anyway? I like it. It means you've made up your mind.

I don't want the GOP making any deals with the dems on healthcare. I want the dems to be defeated soundly and finally. Gridlock is good.

My thoughts exactly. Just look at the NRA. They did not compromise one bit for the last thirty years and now they are poised to finally win the argument about the 2nd amendment. We need more partisanship...not less. This way we get well etched out ideas spoken and if your idea is in the minority then that is the way it is but at least you have an opinion that is your own and not some collective hybrid of everyone elses.

Last edited:
What the hell is wrong with partisanship anyway? I like it. It means you've made up your mind.

I don't want the GOP making any deals with the dems on healthcare. I want the dems to be defeated soundly and finally. Gridlock is good.

It's interesting you should say that Because my opinion is that partisanship doesn't mean engaging in the same failed policies that resulted in the president getting 365 electoral votes.

And if he'd remember that, his approval ratings would go up.

No. Gridlock isn't good. But neither is giving in and following failed policies in the name of "bi-partisanship".

It's interesting you should say that Because my opinion is that partisanship doesn't mean engaging in the same failed policies that resulted in the president getting 365 electoral votes.

No. Gridlock isn't good. But neither is giving in and following failed policies in the name of "bi-partisanship".

Chimpola had a health care bill?

And it was a failed policy?

love ya jillian....but you can't honestly go around and blame only bush or repubs for all the troubles in the economy etc...obama was a senator, he is also to blame, it is a complete hack to say ONLY republicans or bush caused all the failed policies

you're better than this

my how quickly threads that don't appeal to libs are ignored on this board

maybe i should start a bush thread

The way Obama seems to think about BiPartisanship is that Bi means two, and if partisanship is good, and bi means too, bipartisanship is excessive partisanship.

That little stunt he did last week with the Republicans got him brownie points from his base, but made the Republicans just that much more pissed.

He really does need to engage in active listening, rather than in middle school taunt sessions.

Barry doesn't know how to compromise, that is the problem.

He hasn't yet figured out that the GoP gains NOTHING from giving him anything, so they simply won't.

He has to make it worth their while and he's unwilling to do it.

Barry doesn't know how to compromise, that is the problem.

He hasn't yet figured out that the GoP gains NOTHING from giving him anything, so they simply won't.

He has to make it worth their while and he's unwilling to do it.

So is it your contention that during all of the negotiations up to this point there were no concessions or at least attempts at concesions towards the opposition?

The only concessions were to the drug and insurance industry after 700 million in lobbying cash in Democrat pockets.

Maybe the Democrats were paid to come up with a bill so bad it never had a chance at passing...........

The health care bill had nothing to do with Republicans, and neither did porkulus.

You cannot be serious.

Your kind of mindset will usher in a new Banana Republic.

We might as well pattern ourselves after Venezuela.

Gee. OL'BO and the Dems didn't want to hear anything the Reps had to offer when they were in the back room concocting the bs healthcare bill. In fact, We Won. Shut the Fuck up was pretty much the only conversation they wanted to have with the Reps.

Now, after getting their asses kicked in MA, VA and other places, they want input from the Reps??Gee. Nothing like being glaringly obvious doncha know????

Bipartisanship. Another word for self preservation????

Last edited:
The only concessions were to the drug and insurance industry after 700 million in lobbying cash in Democrat pockets.

Maybe the Democrats were paid to come up with a bill so bad it never had a chance at passing...........

The health care bill had nothing to do with Republicans, and neither did porkulus.

The Senate bill had a number of Republican amendments.

Funny thing about that "porkulus", though: a number of of GOoPers who voted against it had no problem publicly celebrating the benefits it brought to their districts.

Forum List

Back