Attention Atheists: Please post irrefutable proof that you are not a douchebag

• Banned
Not you toxic, we all know you take pride in being a douchebag.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Is it me or does it seem that lately the atheists around here seem to be the most insecure in their faith in randomness.

:eusa_whistle:

I concur. I take back all the bad things I have ever said about religious fanatics. The atheists have shown me the error of my ways.

Being Democrat automatically exempts you from douchebaggery.

• Banned
Is it me or does it seem that lately the atheists around here seem to be the most insecure in their faith in randomness.

I concur. I take back all the bad things I have ever said about religious fanatics. The atheists have shown me the error of my ways.

Perhaps they are on my pay-no-mind list, but I honestly can't think of one otherwise mainstream regular that preaches about God or religion here. But there are probably a dozen otherwise mainstream regulars that preach atheism (usually poorly disguised as ridiculing faith).

Perhaps they are on my pay-no-mind list, but I honestly can't think of one otherwise mainstream regular that preaches about God or religion here. But there are probably a dozen otherwise mainstream regulars that preach atheism (usually poorly disguised as ridiculing faith).

You are too accurate there, and the only preachy religious person toned it down after they were informed of why it's a bad idea. I mean, having a grudge is one thing (I did when I first came here) ... but this is just getting to be too much, almost offensive to even me.

• Banned
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's offensive. It's just very telling.

You know, the whole thou doth protest too much thing.

I get the feeling that atheist-evangelists are more trying to convince themselves than anyone else.

I never ridicule anyone's legitimate religious faith. I merely point out that most self-styled atheists really aren't atheists, because they merely substitute traditional religions for those of their own choosing, still working totally on faith in something that cannot be proven, but just as fanatical. These would be the global warming zealots and the Obamaphiles, to name two.

A REAL atheist never substitutes another faith, never ridicules true faiths, and isn't fanatical or militant. REAL atheists don't troll religious forums or threads, picking fights -- instead they ignore those. REAL atheists instead are happy at choices others make, so long as those choices aren't expected of them.

"Aren't expected of them" is the key phrase there.

Last edited:
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's offensive. It's just very telling.

You know, the whole thou doth protest too much thing.

I get the feeling that atheist-evangelists are more trying to convince themselves than anyone else.

Offensive as my opinion, not fact. ;)

I never ridicule anyone's legitimate religious faith. I merely point out that most self-styled atheists really aren't atheists, because they merely substitute traditional religions for those of their own choosing, still working totally on faith in something that cannot be proven, but just as fanatical. These would be the global warming zealots and the Obamaphiles, to name two.

A REAL atheist never substitutes another faith, never ridicules true faiths, and isn't fanatical or militant. REAL atheists don't troll religious forums or threads, picking fights -- instead they ignore those. REAL atheists instead are happy at choices others make, so long as those choices aren't expected of them.

The Athenian describes what it means to a be a REAL Spartan? Entertaining...

Last edited:
Agnostic has become almost as worthless a label as liberal since so many people have conflicting understandings of it's true definition.

Real Athiests do not accept a lie as easily as you do. Your myths are a cancer on our collective thought.

Agnostic has become almost as worthless a label as liberal since so many people have conflicting understandings of it's true definition.

Just because a bunch of dumbasses don't understand what 'agnostic' means (as opposed to atheist, etc.), it doesn't mean that the term is worthless. I'd argue.

Just because a bunch of dumbasses don't understand what 'agnostic' means (as opposed to atheist, etc.), it doesn't mean that the term is worthless. I'd argue.

The value of words resides in their ability to be used to communicate right?

When a word's meaning becomes so disparately understood it's value in this regard diminishes.

The most harmful thing the religious have done in this country from the current, very long list, is promote mysticism over science. The Christian War On Science will turn us into a third world country. It's already working it's "magic".

The most harmful thing the religious have done in this country from the current, very long list, is promote mysticism over science. The Christian War On Science will turn us into a third world country. It's already working it's "magic".

An atheist prophet of doom. How ironic. :lol:

Forum List

Back