Attendance at Browns/Chargers game yesterday was 25,000...NFL really screwed up.

It was a game against THE BROWNS... a team that hasn't won a game all season. That's why the attendance sucked.

uh they have not been able to sell out a game since they got there.:lmao:

you obviously have not watched a chargers game because if you had,you would notice they are having the exact same problems the Rams had while in st louis for the majority of their years except the greatest show on turn brief stint,that the majority of their time there,they could not fill the stadium and most the fans that showed up were always the opposing fans greatly outnumbering the home town fans.:lmao: same as how st louis always felt like road games for the rams,same exact same thing is happening with the chargers. what i cant fathem is that owners were this stupid not to see this coming.:rolleyes:

25,000 isn't bad. That is 93% of their temporary stadium's capacity. For years upon years our Cardinals would get crummy crowds in Sun Devil Stadium. Once their new stadium opened then the whole picture changed.

It was a game against THE BROWNS... a team that hasn't won a game all season. That's why the attendance sucked.

uh they have not been able to sell out a game since they got there.:lmao:

you obviously have not watched a chargers game because if you had,you would notice they are having the exact same problems the Rams had while in st louis for the majority of their years except the greatest show on turn brief stint,that the majority of their time there,they could not fill the stadium and most the fans that showed up were always the opposing fans greatly outnumbering the home town fans.:lmao: same as how st louis always felt like road games for the rams,same exact same thing is happening with the chargers. what i cant fathem is that owners were this stupid not to see this coming.:rolleyes:

It has nothing to do with a sell out, nor did I say anything about a sell out. You just built up an extreme strawman...

The game had such poor attendance however because it was the 0'fer BROWNS. No one wants to watch that crap game.

25,000 isn't bad. That is 93% of their temporary stadium's capacity. For years upon years our Cardinals would get crummy crowds in Sun Devil Stadium. Once their new stadium opened then the whole picture changed.
Everybody just likes watching the NFL on TV.

While obviously that's not true, with the cost of seeing an NFL game nowadays, it's not something people are as likely to just up and do on a whim as they used to be.

While obviously that's not true, with the cost of seeing an NFL game nowadays, it's not something people are as likely to just up and do on a whim as they used to be.
It's also something to do with the pain in the ass traffic situation.
Notice in blowouts the stands are 3/4ths empty by the 4th Quarter because everyone is trying to beat traffic.
Nashville had a great idea by opening satellite lots for people to park their cars. Then they bus people to the stadium. Very few of them can park next to the stadium. I usually parked at Opry Mills and took a steamboat up the river. Going to a Titans game was an all day undertaking. Going to Chargers games wasn't. You parked at the Murf and the only problem you had was getting home after the game. The incentive was that the game had to be sold out 72 hours before gametime for them to televise the game locally. A televised NFL game removes any incentive to attend.

yeah but Phoenix needed an NFL team where LA as everyone knows,doesnt need a second one . Its bad when the majority of the fans are always from the opposing team.The chargers even if they win in LA will never be embraced there.LA has never supported two NFL teams,never will. as I said earlier,The Raiders who have a much bigger fanbase in LA even THEY bombed when they were there. Like i said before,the year the Raiders won the superbowl out there in LA,the next season for their home opener,they only drew a half empty stadium crowd of just over 44,000.:biggrin: they drew those kinds of crowds the same year they won the superbowl.the Oakland Raiders might have won a superbowl out there in LA but nobody cared.:lmao:

you just knew from the kinds of things al davis was saying back then,there was a pretty good chance he would move them back hinting within five years of being there he regretted the decision being quoted in the LA TIMES saying he missed the loud roar of the oakland crowds on gameday sunday.

The Rams are the ONLY team out there that has been embraced.

sure that may be near capacity but what it is NOT saying is the majority of the fans are ALWAYS from the opposing team which was the case with the rams the majority of their time in stank louis.:lmao::haha:

as i posted earlier,the dolphins for the chargers home opener,the dolphin fans outnumbered the charger fans greatly.charger players were quoated as saying it felt like a road game in Miami.:lmao: Rivers was even quoted as saying he had to go to a silent snap count.:rofl:

Having more than one NFL team in LA is a major risk and asking for disaster. the owners dont get it that it doesnt work in LA like it does in NY because in LA they already have USC and UCLA to root for so another team in the NFL other than the Rams is a major gamble and waiting to explode in their faces/

the Chargers will ALWAYS play second fiddle to all three of these teams because of their history.

that was never a good thing for the NFL when the Rams were in ST LOUIS and the opposing fans always greatly outnumbered the home team fans the greatest show on turf years the exception..History is repeating itself all over again.

thats never a good thing for the NFL when on a regular basis the opposing teams fans always greatly outnumber the home team fans. as it stands now,the chargers have and ALWAYS will have 16 road games a year to play.:lmao:

the chargers would have had a much better chance of drawing fans to their games with a move to someplace like Oklahoma or somewhere.They could not have picked a worse city to build a fanbase at.:biggrin:

they will always be second fiddle to the rams as the clippers are to the Lakers in LA. Outside of LA,nobody even knows who the clippers are.I SURE did not until I started following the LA relocating thing a few years ago.:D

if spanos wants to be the team nobody in the country knows about same as the clippers in the NBA are,well okay than.:biggrin:

while in san diego,everybody around the country knew who the chargers were all these years.casual fans wont have any idea they exist in LA same as I never knew most my life there was another NBA team in LA except the Lakers.:biggrin:

Last edited:
If your team wins, fans will come.
My Vikings are winning and are packing the stadium and have great TV ratings.
TV ratings in from Vikings' Thanksgiving win over Lions
2017 NFL Attendance Data | Pro-Football-Reference.com

that dont work in LA.Just ask the Raiders who constantly drew half empty crowds there EVEN the year they won the superbowl. :biggrin: The next season after they won the superbowl out there in LA,for the home opener the next season,they only drew a crowd of just over 44,000.:biggrin: the Oakland Raiders might have won a superbowl out there in LA but obviously nobody in LA cared.:lmao:

Al Davis even hinted in words to the LA times after being out there in five years they he regretted moving the raiders out of oakland telling that reporter he missed the loud roars of the Oakland crowds.:D

There are 100 times more Raider fans in LA than than there are in Charger fans out there and most the SD fans have made it clear they have divorced them,props to them.:thup: if the RAIDERS bombed out there in LA for 13 years and were never even embraced EVEN WHEN THEY WERE GREAT,what kind of prayer do the chargers have?:lmao::haha:

that would be true in any other city but NOT in LA where it is Rams country.

Last edited:

It's also something to do with the pain in the ass traffic situation.
Notice in blowouts the stands are 3/4ths empty by the 4th Quarter because everyone is trying to beat traffic.
Nashville had a great idea by opening satellite lots for people to park their cars. Then they bus people to the stadium. Very few of them can park next to the stadium. I usually parked at Opry Mills and took a steamboat up the river. Going to a Titans game was an all day undertaking. Going to Chargers games wasn't. You parked at the Murf and the only problem you had was getting home after the game. The incentive was that the game had to be sold out 72 hours before gametime for them to televise the game locally. A televised NFL game removes any incentive to attend.

pretty much why it was the stupiest thing for the chargers to leave SD next to the Rams leaving LA.:rolleyes: the difference between LA and SD is like night and day.I went to SD a couple months ago.i figured being in california the traffic on the highway would be bumper to bumper,but it was no different there than it is here in the midwest. LA you are lucky of you dont find bumper to bumper traffic on the highway,it is extremely rare.In LA you feel overwhelmed by the crowds,there,its like new york. SD? you NEVER have any of those problems of congestion.

yeah but Phoenix needed an NFL team where LA as everyone knows,doesnt need a second one . Its bad when the majority of the fans are always from the opposing team.The chargers even if they win in LA will never be embraced there.LA has never supported two NFL teams,never will. as I said earlier,The Raiders who have a much bigger fanbase in LA even THEY bombed when they were there. Like i said before,the year the Raiders won the superbowl out there in LA,the next season for their home opener,they only drew a half empty stadium crowd of just over 44,000.:biggrin: they drew those kinds of crowds the same year they won the superbowl.the Oakland Raiders might have won a superbowl out there in LA but nobody cared.:lmao:

you just knew from the kinds of things al davis was saying back then,there was a pretty good chance he would move them back hinting within five years of being there he regretted the decision being quoted in the LA TIMES saying he missed the loud roar of the oakland crowds on gameday sunday.

sure that may be near capacity but what it is NOT saying is the majority of the fans are ALWAYS from the opposing team which was the case with the rams the majority of their time in stank louis.:lmao::haha:

as i posted earlier,the dolphins for the chargers home opener,the dolphin fans outnumbered the charger fans greatly.charger players were quoated as saying it felt like a road game in Miami.:lmao: Rivers was even quoted as saying he had to go to a silent snap count.:rofl:

Having more than one NFL team in LA is a major risk and asking for disaster. the owners dont get it that it doesnt work in LA like it does in NY because in LA they already have USC and UCLA to root for so another team in the NFL other than the Rams is a major gamble and waiting to explode in their faces/

the Chargers will ALWAYS play second fiddle to all three of these teams because of their history.

that was never a good thing for the NFL when the Rams were in ST LOUIS and the opposing fans always greatly outnumbered the home team fans the greatest show on turf years the exception..History is repeating itself all over again.

thats never a good thing for the NFL when on a regular basis the opposing teams fans always greatly outnumber the home team fans. as it stands now,the chargers have and ALWAYS will have 16 road games a year to play.:lmao:

the chargers would have had a much better chance of drawing fans to their games with a move to someplace like Oklahoma or somewhere.They could not have picked a worse city to build a fanbase at.:biggrin:

they will always be second fiddle to the rams as the clippers are to the Lakers in LA. Outside of LA,nobody even knows who the clippers are.I SURE did not until I started following the LA relocating thing a few years ago.:D

if spanos wants to be the team nobody in the country knows about same as the clippers in the NBA are,well okay than.:biggrin:

while in san diego,everybody around the country knew who the chargers were all these years.casual fans wont have any idea they exist in LA same as I never knew most my life there was another NBA team in LA except the Lakers.:biggrin:
The Spanos family has been planning on moving the Chargers back to LA since they bought majority interest from Gene Klein.
It's why nothing ever seemed to get worked out for a stadium in San Diego.
If Gene Klein had known this he never would have sold the team to those assholes.

The Spanos family has been planning on moving the Chargers back to LA since they bought majority interest from Gene Klein.
If Gene Klein had known this he never would have sold the team to those assholes.

what I love is that whining dictater threw tantrem fits when he tried to get the FAA to stop allowing planes to fly over the stadium with anti spanos messages.:thup:

I wonder if it even bothers him that most the fans that show up are always going to greatly outnumber charger fans.I doubt it,he is just lookin at the immediate green he gets going to a bigger market.not understanding in the long term,this hurts the NFL down the road as well as him.

that explains why he never once tried to get anything done in SD.the thing that pisses me is the city of SD is just taking this lying down,they should be doing the same thing that oakland has done where they have a group of anti trust lawyers ready to sue them if they try and leave oakland.Because in both cases.spanos and davis broke NFL relocation rules that have been in place ever since the mid 90's where stan kroneke did not.

oakland had way too much passion for their team hense why they have not taken the relocation sittng down and are prepared to go all the way to the supreme court if it comes down to that.:thup:

they heard about this expert in nfl anti trust lawsuits and THEY unlike SD,snatched him up in a heartbeat.:thup:

One of those attorneys is James Quinn, who is like kryptonite to the NFL.
San Diego Politician Exploring Lawsuit Against Chargers, NFL

He has been krptonite against the NFL in lawsuits going 6 for 6 in previous lawsuits against them.will go 7 for 7 if oakland trys to relocate.everbody thinks that vegas is a done deal but that could not be any further from the truth at all.

again a sad thing that SD just threw their shoulders up and shrugged saying -"oh well" where oakland did not take the same stand and is prepared to take this all the way to supreme court if they try and go there..

Last edited:
When the hell was the Chargers any good?

since these days,thats when.
I was a huge fan of the San Diego Chargers. They were my favorite team growing up because John Hadl passed the ball and had bad ass receivers like Lance Alworth and Gary Garrison and their uniforms were bad ass. I don't see any way that Los Angeles will ever support them. I think this move will end up biting them in the ass in a big way.

Granted that has been FORVER but you did say any.lol

just because they never won a superbowl does not mean they were very good at one time.the problem they had was the times they were very good,other teams they could not get past were GREAT.

That's a positive way to look at it. On the other hand, you could look at it and wonder why they can't sell out a stadium with such a low capacity. :dunno:

what I love is that whining dictater threw tantrem fits when he tried to get the FAA to stop allowing planes to fly over the stadium with anti spanos messages.:thup:

I wonder if it even bothers him that most the fans that show up are always going to greatly outnumber charger fans.I doubt it,he is just lookin at the immediate green he gets going to a bigger market.not understanding in the long term,this hurts the NFL down the road as well as him.

that explains why he never once tried to get anything done in SD.the thing that pisses me is the city of SD is just taking this lying down,they should be doing the same thing that oakland has done where they have a group of anti trust lawyers ready to sue them if they try and leave oakland.Because in both cases.spanos and davis broke NFL relocation rules that have been in place ever since the mid 90's where stan kroneke did not.

oakland had way too much passion for their team hense why they have not taken the relocation sittng down and are prepared to go all the way to the supreme court if it comes down to that.:thup:

they heard about this expert in nfl anti trust lawsuits and THEY unlike SD,snatched him up in a heartbeat.:thup:

One of those attorneys is James Quinn, who is like kryptonite to the NFL.
San Diego Politician Exploring Lawsuit Against Chargers, NFL

He has been krptonite against the NFL in lawsuits going 6 for 6 in previous lawsuits against them.will go 7 for 7 if oakland trys to relocate.everbody thinks that vegas is a done deal but that could not be any further from the truth at all.

again a sad thing that SD just threw their shoulders up and shrugged saying -"oh well" where oakland did not take the same stand and is prepared to take this all the way to supreme court if they try and go there..
The problem with SD is there's too many liberals and Hispanics living there that have no interest in American Football.

Hey now, come on, the Browns were good, in the 1950's and '60's...

And the 40's too. Well from their start in 1946-1949 when they and the 49'ers were members of the All-American Football Conference. Their arrival was one of the reasons that caused the Rams to pack up and move to LA.

Forum List

Back