Attendance at Browns/Chargers game yesterday was 25,000...NFL really screwed up.

25,000 isn't bad. That is 93% of their temporary stadium's capacity. For years upon years our Cardinals would get crummy crowds in Sun Devil Stadium. Once their new stadium opened then the whole picture changed.

That's a positive way to look at it. On the other hand, you could look at it and wonder why they can't sell out a stadium with such a low capacity. :dunno:

exactly,the NFL if they indeed were wanting to look at it in a positive way that would be the way to do so but like you said,how come they cant even sell out a stadium with such a low capacity? .:dunno:

I just dont see this being on par with the same situation as the cards were where they had horrible attendance for many years playing in a college facility but once they got a new stadium things changed. again the cards are the only NFL team Arizona has so once they got the new stadium,they were ready to support them. ready for an NFL team.

The chargers are in the same boat that the clippers of the NBA are,no matter how good the clippers are,they are always playing in the shadow of the lakers,alwasy playing second fiddle to them

.Outside of LA,nobody has a clue who the clippers are. Until three years ago,i was never aware of the clippers.I was freaked out when i found out the lakers were not the only NBA team in LA.:biggrin:

The Rams with all their history there in LA,the fans that are still there when they were there cheering them on for so many years,they are not going to all of a sudden abandon them to support some other team who has no history there.:lmao: ESPECIALLY since they are getting good now and the Chargers are going downhill.Gee why would anybody want to give the chargers the time of day?:lol:

when the chargers move in with the rams in the new stadium,what is the NFL and spanos going to do when they still keep drawing crowds of just 25,000? lol. Houston we have a problem.:D

25,000 isn't bad. That is 93% of their temporary stadium's capacity. For years upon years our Cardinals would get crummy crowds in Sun Devil Stadium. Once their new stadium opened then the whole picture changed.

yeah but Phoenix needed an NFL team where LA as everyone knows,doesnt need a second one . Its bad when the majority of the fans are always from the opposing team.The chargers even if they win in LA will never be embraced there.LA has never supported two NFL teams,never will. as I said earlier,The Raiders who have a much bigger fanbase in LA even THEY bombed when they were there. Like i said before,the year the Raiders won the superbowl out there in LA,the next season for their home opener,they only drew a half empty stadium crowd of just over 44,000.:biggrin: they drew those kinds of crowds the same year they won the superbowl.the Oakland Raiders might have won a superbowl out there in LA but nobody cared.:lmao:

you just knew from the kinds of things al davis was saying back then,there was a pretty good chance he would move them back hinting within five years of being there he regretted the decision being quoted in the LA TIMES saying he missed the loud roar of the oakland crowds on gameday sunday.

The Rams are the ONLY team out there that has been embraced.

sure that may be near capacity but what it is NOT saying is the majority of the fans are ALWAYS from the opposing team which was the case with the rams the majority of their time in stank louis.:lmao::haha:

as i posted earlier,the dolphins for the chargers home opener,the dolphin fans outnumbered the charger fans greatly.charger players were quoated as saying it felt like a road game in Miami.:lmao: Rivers was even quoted as saying he had to go to a silent snap count.:rofl:

Having more than one NFL team in LA is a major risk and asking for disaster. the owners dont get it that it doesnt work in LA like it does in NY because in LA they already have USC and UCLA to root for so another team in the NFL other than the Rams is a major gamble and waiting to explode in their faces/

the Chargers will ALWAYS play second fiddle to all three of these teams because of their history.

that was never a good thing for the NFL when the Rams were in ST LOUIS and the opposing fans always greatly outnumbered the home team fans the greatest show on turf years the exception..History is repeating itself all over again.

thats never a good thing for the NFL when on a regular basis the opposing teams fans always greatly outnumber the home team fans. as it stands now,the chargers have and ALWAYS will have 16 road games a year to play.:lmao:

the chargers would have had a much better chance of drawing fans to their games with a move to someplace like Oklahoma or somewhere.They could not have picked a worse city to build a fanbase at.:biggrin:

they will always be second fiddle to the rams as the clippers are to the Lakers in LA. Outside of LA,nobody even knows who the clippers are.I SURE did not until I started following the LA relocating thing a few years ago.:D

if spanos wants to be the team nobody in the country knows about same as the clippers in the NBA are,well okay than.:biggrin:

while in san diego,everybody around the country knew who the chargers were all these years.casual fans wont have any idea they exist in LA same as I never knew most my life there was another NBA team in LA except the Lakers.:biggrin:
The Spanos family has been planning on moving the Chargers back to LA since they bought majority interest from Gene Klein.
It's why nothing ever seemed to get worked out for a stadium in San Diego.
If Gene Klein had known this he never would have sold the team to those assholes.

what I love is that whining dictater threw tantrem fits when he tried to get the FAA to stop allowing planes to fly over the stadium with anti spanos messages.:thup:

I wonder if it even bothers him that most the fans that show up are always going to greatly outnumber charger fans.I doubt it,he is just lookin at the immediate green he gets going to a bigger market.not understanding in the long term,this hurts the NFL down the road as well as him.

that explains why he never once tried to get anything done in SD.the thing that pisses me is the city of SD is just taking this lying down,they should be doing the same thing that oakland has done where they have a group of anti trust lawyers ready to sue them if they try and leave oakland.Because in both cases.spanos and davis broke NFL relocation rules that have been in place ever since the mid 90's where stan kroneke did not.

oakland had way too much passion for their team hense why they have not taken the relocation sittng down and are prepared to go all the way to the supreme court if it comes down to that.:thup:

they heard about this expert in nfl anti trust lawsuits and THEY unlike SD,snatched him up in a heartbeat.:thup:

One of those attorneys is James Quinn, who is like kryptonite to the NFL.
San Diego Politician Exploring Lawsuit Against Chargers, NFL

He has been krptonite against the NFL in lawsuits going 6 for 6 in previous lawsuits against them.will go 7 for 7 if oakland trys to relocate.everbody thinks that vegas is a done deal but that could not be any further from the truth at all.

again a sad thing that SD just threw their shoulders up and shrugged saying -"oh well" where oakland did not take the same stand and is prepared to take this all the way to supreme court if they try and go there..
The problem with SD is there's too many liberals and Hispanics living there that have no interest in American Football.

Yes SD has a bunch of Hispanics living there but because of our corrupt government funding them all the time,they got the money to go to these games and always packed them in.Here is a game in sept 2014 against the seahawks. as you can see,a packed house,not an empty seat in the house.

they gave up having regular everyday sunday crowds like this each sunday,for crowds like this they now have in LA which was ALSO against the seahawks in their first game in LA since leaving SD.they gave up those kinds of crowds in SD for this below?:rolleyes:

DHJhe6bU0AA9lom.jpg

Last edited:
Trouble with 2 LA NFL teams is they now have 4 major programs: Rams, Chargers, USC and UCLA. And with Chip Kelly coming to town that has to have UCLA fans excited. If I recall things properly Miami had same trouble accepting the AFL expansion Dolphins in the 60's due to college football. It wasn't until Don Shula came down from Baltimore that the Dolphins got on track with the fans. But again, that's just from my memory when I was a young'n just outside of Cleveland.

I'll take a guess and say with a new stadium the Chargers will attract at least double what they're pulling in now. What gets me about NFL is that they'll demand new stadiums and then pull games from these venues to play over in London. I'm not boycotting games but I sure don't mind seeing the league being slapped because for a good while now it has acted too big for its britches, as folks used to say.

Trouble with 2 LA NFL teams is they now have 4 major programs: Rams, Chargers, USC and UCLA. And with Chip Kelly coming to town that has to have UCLA fans excited. If I recall things properly Miami had same trouble accepting the AFL expansion Dolphins in the 60's due to college football. It wasn't until Don Shula came down from Baltimore that the Dolphins got on track with the fans. But again, that's just from my memory when I was a young'n just outside of Cleveland.

I'll take a guess and say with a new stadium the Chargers will attract at least double what they're pulling in now. What gets me about NFL is that they'll demand new stadiums and then pull games from these venues to play over in London. I'm not boycotting games but I sure don't mind seeing the league being slapped because for a good while now it has acted too big for its britches, as folks used to say.

That sure was the biggest scoop for Miami in luring Shula there.yeah the chargers will always play second fiddle not only to the rams,but to UCLA and USC as well and especially UCLA.

Unless the chargers fortunes reverse like the Rams have,i dont see that happening in attendance with them in the new stadium.

Fred Roggin of NBCLA,he is about the only media source i know of who is reliable and not in it just for viewership like all the others. so I trust him when he said on his radio show out there that he does think that with two teams,you can fill the luxary boxes.

He is a very credible guy.He was about the ONLY media guy out there who called it correctly on the LA relocation. many were buying into the mainstream medias crap they were pushing that it was going to be the chargers and raiders in carson. EVERY media person had those two teams being in LA in 2016.

Roggin said dont believe any of it.That his contacts with NFL owners have told them t would be the Rams and Chargers in Inglewood.

who was right on that? .all the other media or roggin? i thought so.:biggrin:

so you can take it to the bank when he says you wont be able to sell many luxary boxes with two teams. Luxary boxes of course generate a good portion of the revenue for the NFL.Not good for the NFL.:biggrin: this is backfiring on the NFL in so many bad ways just as i said it would.:biggrin:

same will happen in vegas if the raiders got there,count on it.:biggrin:

yeah but Phoenix needed an NFL team where LA as everyone knows,doesnt need a second one . Its bad when the majority of the fans are always from the opposing team.The chargers even if they win in LA will never be embraced there.LA has never supported two NFL teams,never will. as I said earlier,The Raiders who have a much bigger fanbase in LA even THEY bombed when they were there. Like i said before,the year the Raiders won the superbowl out there in LA,the next season for their home opener,they only drew a half empty stadium crowd of just over 44,000.:biggrin: they drew those kinds of crowds the same year they won the superbowl.the Oakland Raiders might have won a superbowl out there in LA but nobody cared.:lmao:

you just knew from the kinds of things al davis was saying back then,there was a pretty good chance he would move them back hinting within five years of being there he regretted the decision being quoted in the LA TIMES saying he missed the loud roar of the oakland crowds on gameday sunday.

sure that may be near capacity but what it is NOT saying is the majority of the fans are ALWAYS from the opposing team which was the case with the rams the majority of their time in stank louis.:lmao::haha:

as i posted earlier,the dolphins for the chargers home opener,the dolphin fans outnumbered the charger fans greatly.charger players were quoated as saying it felt like a road game in Miami.:lmao: Rivers was even quoted as saying he had to go to a silent snap count.:rofl:

Having more than one NFL team in LA is a major risk and asking for disaster. the owners dont get it that it doesnt work in LA like it does in NY because in LA they already have USC and UCLA to root for so another team in the NFL other than the Rams is a major gamble and waiting to explode in their faces/

the Chargers will ALWAYS play second fiddle to all three of these teams because of their history.

that was never a good thing for the NFL when the Rams were in ST LOUIS and the opposing fans always greatly outnumbered the home team fans the greatest show on turf years the exception..History is repeating itself all over again.

thats never a good thing for the NFL when on a regular basis the opposing teams fans always greatly outnumber the home team fans. as it stands now,the chargers have and ALWAYS will have 16 road games a year to play.:lmao:

the chargers would have had a much better chance of drawing fans to their games with a move to someplace like Oklahoma or somewhere.They could not have picked a worse city to build a fanbase at.:biggrin:

they will always be second fiddle to the rams as the clippers are to the Lakers in LA. Outside of LA,nobody even knows who the clippers are.I SURE did not until I started following the LA relocating thing a few years ago.:D

if spanos wants to be the team nobody in the country knows about same as the clippers in the NBA are,well okay than.:biggrin:

while in san diego,everybody around the country knew who the chargers were all these years.casual fans wont have any idea they exist in LA same as I never knew most my life there was another NBA team in LA except the Lakers.:biggrin:
The Spanos family has been planning on moving the Chargers back to LA since they bought majority interest from Gene Klein.
If Gene Klein had known this he never would have sold the team to those assholes.

what I love is that whining dictater threw tantrem fits when he tried to get the FAA to stop allowing planes to fly over the stadium with anti spanos messages.:thup:

I wonder if it even bothers him that most the fans that show up are always going to greatly outnumber charger fans.I doubt it,he is just lookin at the immediate green he gets going to a bigger market.not understanding in the long term,this hurts the NFL down the road as well as him.

that explains why he never once tried to get anything done in SD.the thing that pisses me is the city of SD is just taking this lying down,they should be doing the same thing that oakland has done where they have a group of anti trust lawyers ready to sue them if they try and leave oakland.Because in both cases.spanos and davis broke NFL relocation rules that have been in place ever since the mid 90's where stan kroneke did not.

oakland had way too much passion for their team hense why they have not taken the relocation sittng down and are prepared to go all the way to the supreme court if it comes down to that.:thup:

they heard about this expert in nfl anti trust lawsuits and THEY unlike SD,snatched him up in a heartbeat.:thup:

He has been krptonite against the NFL in lawsuits going 6 for 6 in previous lawsuits against them.will go 7 for 7 if oakland trys to relocate.everbody thinks that vegas is a done deal but that could not be any further from the truth at all.

again a sad thing that SD just threw their shoulders up and shrugged saying -"oh well" where oakland did not take the same stand and is prepared to take this all the way to supreme court if they try and go there..
The problem with SD is there's too many liberals and Hispanics living there that have no interest in American Football.

Yes SD has a bunch of Hispanics living there but because of our corrupt government funding them all the time,they got the money to go to these games and always packed them in.Here is a game in sept 2014 against the seahawks. as you can see,a packed house,not an empty seat in the house.

they gave up having regular everyday sunday crowds like this each sunday,for crowds like this they now have in LA which was ALSO against the seahawks in their first game in LA since leaving SD.they gave up those kinds of crowds in SD for this below?:rolleyes:

DHJhe6bU0AA9lom.jpg

Wasn't this a pre-season game?

DHJhe6bU0AA9lom.jpg

Wasn't this a pre-season game?

yes but for a team making its first appearance in a new city it has reolcated to ,that has got to be very discouraging to be welcomed at.lol

contrast that to the Rams least year in their pre season opener where they packed the entire stadium.lol

plus these have been the regular crowds they have had all year long. with the majority of fans being from the opposing team.rivers made a comment to the LA times out there in the season opener against the dolphins that he had to use a silent count because it felt like a road game.hee hee. they now have SIXTEEN road games every year instead of 8.hee hee.

Time for the chargers to turn tail and go back to san diego.Dean Spanos has embarrassed the entire organization with his FIGHT FOR LA slogan that has horribly backfired on him.the best they will do this here is come away with a medicore 9-7 where the Rams are a serious superbowl contender.

Give it up spanos and chargers,you lost your childish fight for LA before you even came up north. go back to SD,you are nobodys team.san diego fans have deserted you and nobody in LA wants you.sell the team dean and take them back to SD where they belong.

21077569_10154602109670981_1045543208121980926_n.jpg

Forum List

Back