Atheists

I want to discuss a few things with you. I'm considered an atheist by some, because I don't believe in God.

By atheists, I'm not considered one, because I practice Buddhism, a non-theistic spiritual path.

What is your experience being atheist in America? Bush I said atheists shouldn't be citizens or hold public office. It is doubtful an atheist could be elected POTUS in the US.

Some people say atheism is a religion because of it's non-beliefs.

What do you say?

Atheists don't exist. Those who call themselves Atheists are just lying to themselves.

Fortunately your ability to deceive yourself is not a communicable disease. If I was stuck in a room with a thousand of you people till the day I died there is no chance you could talk me into believing in your god.

I want to discuss a few things with you. I'm considered an atheist by some, because I don't believe in God.

By atheists, I'm not considered one, because I practice Buddhism, a non-theistic spiritual path.

What is your experience being atheist in America? Bush I said atheists shouldn't be citizens or hold public office. It is doubtful an atheist could be elected POTUS in the US.

What do you say?

Atheists don't exist. Those who call themselves Atheists are just lying to themselves.

Fortunately your ability to deceive yourself is not a communicable disease. If I was stuck in a room with a thousand of you people till the day I died there is no chance you could talk me into believing in your god.

No worries. Nobody would try to convince you of anything since you've already made up your mind.

What do you say?

Congrats! You've been nominated for the dumbest post of the week award. This is no small achievement on this site, so be proud of yourself! :clap2:

What do you say?

Congrats! You've been nominated for the dumbest post of the week award. This is no small achievement on this site, so be proud of yourself! :clap2:

:lol: It was meant to infuriate atheists. It was obviously a major success. Thanks for playing. :thup:

:lol: It was meant to infuriate atheists. It was obviously a major success. Thanks for playing. :thup:

LOL, it takes ALOT more then that to get me upset. Trust me on this. It did make me laugh though, so thanks!

Why don't you just tell us the "There are no atheists in foxholes" nonsense

I was raised Catholic and went to church every Sunday. I just reached a point in my early teens where I said...."This stuff doesn't seem real to me". I didn't choose to be an atheist, the choice was made for me

You either have faith or you don't. You may fool those around you but if there is in fact a God, he would know whether you truly believe or just want others to think that you believe

God made you an atheist? How strange!!! :lol:

Maybe not God

But the Catholic Church sure helped

I was Lutheran, and I found that to be tough.
I found God in a non-denomination church, and have never looked back.

I also found that believing in science can be as much a leap of faith as believing in God.

If you believe in anything that is NOT science based (and spiritualism is not science) then you are a BELIEVER.

What I want to know is why atheists are such big whining crybabies?

On the internet there are more atheists posting attacks on believers than believers attacking atheism.

Here's a thought...don't believe if you don't wanna.

How hard is that?

Yeah, you never hear christians playing the victim card.

You never see christians attack atheists for wanting simple things like only science taught in science classes or asking government to stay neutral on religion.

You never hear christians act like "whining crybabies" when the supreme court says you can't teach ID in class or you can't put jesus on a government building on Decemebr 25th.

Those things NEVER EVER happen, only atheists "whine and cry."

Truth is christians are cheered when they whine and cry to no end, and since atheists are immoral and disgusting because we don't buy into a 2,000 year old book than we take issue with something you have a problem with it.

Either you believe, or you don't.

Deep down inside, only you know your own truth to that statement.

If you believe in anything that is NOT science based (and spiritualism is not science) then you are a BELIEVER.

On the internet there are more atheists posting attacks on believers than believers attacking atheism.

How hard is that?

You never see christians attack atheists for wanting simple things like only science taught in science classes or asking government to stay neutral on religion.

You never hear christians act like "whining crybabies" when the supreme court says you can't teach ID in class or you can't put jesus on a government building on Decemebr 25th.

Truth is christians are cheered when they whine and cry to no end, and since atheists are immoral and disgusting because we don't buy into a 2,000 year old book than we take issue with something you have a problem with it.

Yea......but...but....Atheists are trying to take away Christmas!

Either you believe, or you don't.

Deep down inside, only you know your own truth to that statement.

Only God knows deep inside his people and his chosen ones will be changed so they can understand who they are for the first time.

How hard is that?

Even God knows that the 2,000 book of lies has no truth for Christians to find. That's because the religious people who came before them changed many of the scriptures to deceive other people with. No religion was started by God.

Because Atheists are usually hyper-sensitive and full of themselves and it pleases me to piss them off. Now that I've gotten you guys, I'll tell you that another thing I like to post is the study about humans being wired to believe in God and another study about atheists being given a lie detector test and asked if they believe in God (and they all fail the test).

An atheist is a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings. That's huge. So it begs the question, what kind of proof would an atheist require to believe in god?

An atheist is a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings. That's huge. So it begs the question, what kind of proof would an atheist require to believe in god?

Physical undeniable evidence. (not the Virgin Mary appearing in a grilled cheese sandwich)

Because Atheists are usually hyper-sensitive and full of themselves and it pleases me to piss them off. Now that I've gotten you guys, I'll tell you that another thing I like to post is the study about humans being wired to believe in God and another study about atheists being given a lie detector test and asked if they believe in God (and they all fail the test).

Calm down....some people get so testy when told that others do not share their beliefs

Lie Detector?

How about we wire up some Christians and see how deep their faith really is?
We can start with the Bible

Sky let's just say I don't go out of my way to let people at work know that I'm atheist. I'm quite confident it would affect my chances at a promotion and growing within the company.

I'm not really reserved about it outside of work, but certainly not as outspoken as I'd like to be. I'll never be offended by anyone talking up christianity or their belief in God, but you can sure bet the majority of people you walk passed throughout the day would be offended by me talking up my atheism.

I believe you.

What do you say?

first; it is NOT a religion. period. exclamation point.

apparently atheists are the least liked segment of the population (even though we now make up about 15% of the pop.)

apparently people would rather have their daughters marry axe murderers or rush limbaugh than an atheist

here in the north east it isn't an issue

most people here are not very religious.

even those who might say "i'm a protestant" or "a catholic" don't embrace their religion too tightly and few people beat you over the head with their religious convictions.

I have no problem admitting to anyone that I consider myself an atheist/agnostic/apathetic

my daughter, living in S.C., has a different tale to tell...

most everyone down there is VERY religious and they are all trying to get her to go to church with them.

she has not let on that she is atheistic/agnostic/apathetic

Forum List

Back