Zone1 Should a religion that doesn't believe in paying taxes be recognized? LOL

Nope. "as long as they give all of them us equal treatment its not giving special recognition,, its leaving them alone,
because religion has a seperate carve out in the constitution we have to discuss them seperately as a single issue,,

the people have a long list of other rights being protected that a church wont have,,

of course I am for the very smallest amount of taxs for everyone,,

"that would mean they would have to pay the state to exist"
because religion has a seperate carve out in the constitution we have to discuss them seperately as a single issue,,

the people have a long list of other rights being protected that a church wont have,,

of course I am for the very smallest amount of taxs for everyone,,

because religion has a seperate carve out in the constitution we have to discuss them seperately as a single issue,
It's not a special "carve out". It's a prohibition on the state, to prevent them from to regulating religion. Which is what they're doing when they give some religions special tax breaks, but not others.

It's not a special "carve out". It's a prohibition on the state, to prevent them from to regulating religion. Which is what they're doing when they give some religions special tax breaks, but not others.
as I said,,

they should give all of them equal treatment,,

have you read the 1st amendment??

as I said,,

they should give all of them equal treatment,
No, they should give all of US equal treatment. The Constitution isn't about handing out perks and "carve outs".
have you read the 1st amendment??
Have you?
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
It's pretty straight forward.

No, they should give all of US equal treatment. The Constitution isn't about handing out perks and "carve outs".

Have you?

It's pretty straight forward.
whats the very next part after what you highlighted???

"or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; "

whats the very next part after what you highlighted???

"or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; "
If the tax laws violate the free exercise of religion, then they should be struck down. Not modified to give special exemptions. That violates equal protection.

If the tax laws violate the free exercise of religion, then they should be struck down. Not modified to give special exemptions. That violates equal protection.
at this point I think we need to be specific about which taxs we are talking about,,,

some taxs like personal property taxs should be paid,, but their shouldnt be any taxs on donations to the church or anything that money goes to pay for as long as its connected to church activity,,

at this point I think we need to be specific about which taxs we are talking about,,,

some taxs like personal property taxs should be paid,, but their shouldnt be any taxs on donations to the church or anything that money goes to pay for as long as its connected to church activity,,
Whatever. As long as they follow the same rules as the rest of us.

I realize the Court has adopted your view, and treats the religion clause of the First Amendment as "special rights for special people", as a carve out. It's one of the many ways they've erred over the years.

Whatever. As long as they follow the same rules as the rest of us.

I realize the Court has adopted your view, and treats the religion clause of the First Amendment as "special rights for special people", as a carve out. It's one of the many ways they've erred over the years.
it does mean special rights for different people,,
thats why they wrote a whole seperate clause,,
not everyone is religious,,

it does mean special rights for different people,,
thats why they wrote a whole seperate clause,,
not everyone is religious,,
No. They wrote it because they didn't want the state dictating religious practices.

Last edited:
The first amendment simply guarantees that the federal government cannot establish a single religion and make that one religion the STATE RELIGION. This nation was founded because the people were fleeing Europe and its State Mandated religion of Roman Catholicism....where the governments were controlled from Rome. The people were running from such noble endeavors as the Spanish Inquisitions and the Crusades. Acts that cannot be authorized from any doctrine found in the Holy Scriptures. Thus, its no wonder the 1st amendment to the US Constitution guarantees religious freedom and the free exercise thereof......."Congress shall make no law............"

There would be no United States of America void of religious freedom.

The first amendment simply guarantees that the federal government cannot establish a single religion and make that one religion the STATE RELIGION. This nation was founded because the people were fleeing Europe and its State Mandated religion of Roman Catholicism....where the governments were controlled from Rome. The people were running from such noble endeavors as the Spanish Inquisitions and the Crusades. Acts that cannot be authorized from any doctrine found in the Holy Scriptures. Thus, its no wonder the 1st amendment to the US Constitution guarantees religious freedom and the free exercise thereof......."Congress shall make no law............"

There would be no United States of America void of religious freedom.
or prohibit the free exercise there of,,

how is it free exercise if they are subject to paying taxs or be punished by the government,

Forum List

Back