Zone1 Should a religion that doesn't believe in paying taxes be recognized? LOL

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
Some say Satanists should be allowed to be considered a valid religion. But no, Satanists believe in doing whatever the hell you want, whatever it takes to get ahead and so they are lawless. Mostly they shouldn't be validated by a civil society (not that we in the US are that...) because they believe in sacrificing animals and humans (if they can get away w/ it).

I mean, what if someone invented a religion (there are now something like 65,000 different "Christian" ones :oops:) that taught that it was an egregious sin to pay taxes!

I think the govt would have a problem with that...

I think the taxpayers would resent it also

:)

I thought that they all had a aversion to paying taxes. :dunno:

well, I frankly don't think churches should be exempt from paying them, but don't quote me because I have not given it too much thought until recently.

priests and pastors of other churches are not allowed to speak on political matters from the pulpit (when they are tax exempt)

VERY BAD!

so there's that

well, I frankly don't think churches should be exempt from paying them, but don't quote me because I have not given it too much thought until recently.

priests and pastors of other churches are not allowed to speak on political matters from the pulpit (when they are tax exempt)

VERY BAD!

so there's that
It just irks me no end the free ride that they get.

The next county over from me has a 1200 acre Catholic retreat that has not been used in decades. A former NYPD cop and his wife are the caretakers.....The county does not get anything in taxes on it.

The next county over from me has a 1200 acre Catholic retreat that has not been used in decades. A former NYPD cop and his wife are the caretakers.....The county does not get anything in taxes on it.
Well, I'm not the Catholic to argue with on the crazy, freaky, wasteful stuff going on in the Church.

Still, the Church is the Church Christ founded. And I think we can assume Jesus knows all about what is going on.

It's like anything else in the world: things won't be "sorted out" until

they are. Many of us say that Jesus is coming back. I say He has to (but that's just me?) I mean, how long is this insanity going to be allowed to continue?

Inquiring minds want to know

Some say Satanists should be allowed to be considered a valid religion. But no, Satanists believe in doing whatever the hell you want, whatever it takes to get ahead and so they are lawless. Mostly they shouldn't be validated by a civil society (not that we in the US are that...) because they believe in sacrificing animals and humans (if they can get away w/ it).
By that criteria, the Trump Cult should not be recognized either. It fits like a glove except for the animal sacrafice part. Humans though? Lots!

But as far as we know Trump never sacrafices an animal, but they are no animal lovers either, ( When was the last time an a president did not have a pet?) and son Eric ( Bevis of Bevis and Butthead) is a big game trophy hunter. Just as bad.

I ask for no special treatment....Just give me the same deal that churches get.

I mean, what if someone invented a religion (there are now something like 65,000 different "Christian" ones :oops:) that taught that it was an egregious sin to pay taxes!

If 10% is good enough for God...............it should be good enough for big brother.

What is "Religion? The Constitution prohibits only the government from establishing a religion (church). People are free to establish what ever religion they choose to follow. However, if it were up to Baptists, only Baptists would enjoy the freedom of religion. Same with Catholics as they have the history of controlling governments. Jews as well and Muslims as well.
So, is there a Satanist religion? I'd say there are many. Do they have a right to establish their religion where they believe god is Satan? Yes they do. What about Atheists? They claim to have no religion. Yet, they too have organizations and thus a belief in nothing. Nothing is their god, which is something.

they should be hailed apon high and encouraged,,,

in fact we should all do what ever it takes to pay as little in taxs as legally possible and those that arent that you can get away with,,

VERY BAD!

so there's that
Everything in your post is dead wrong.

"The Church" must not be taxed, and the government can be allowed NO SAY in what they preach

Carl... In... Ann Arbor

The government shouldn't be in the business of "recognizing" religions, nor giving them special perks. Doing so is a direct violation of the First Amendment.

Everything in your post is dead wrong.

"The Church" must not be taxed, and the government can be allowed NO SAY in what they preach

Carl... In... Ann Arbor
the governemnt can say no to what they preach,, but they dont have to listen to them,,

any church can speak on politics as much as they would like,,

The government shouldn't be in the business of "recognizing" religion, nor giving them special perks. Doing so is a direct violation of the First Amendment.
not paying taxs isnt a perk,, to impose a tax would violate their rights because that would mean they would have to pay the state to exist,,

just like we shouldnt be paying taxs on anything related to the 2nd amendment,,

The entire gist of separation of church/state resides on them not politicizing themselves on the rest of us

so, if they seek this road, let them pay their tax way.....

~S~

Call it whatever you want. It's special treatment offered to "recognized" religions. That puts government in the position of deciding which religions are valid and which aren't. A direct violation of the First.
as long as they give all of them equal treatment its not giving special recognition,, its leaving them alone,,

its the taxs and other oversight that caused churchs to drift from their original mission of being a servant to the community and switched ot to the government,,

Forum List

Back