Atheists want God out of Ky. homeland security

I'm still waiting to hear what it's hurting if most of the people want it to be there anyway.

If they add a name, they can inflate the cost, and using such a title (god is nothing more than a status title not a name) then they can basically set their own price. Ultimately hurting the tax payers because of this. So yeah, it CAN hurt.

I'm still waiting to hear what it's hurting if most of the people want it to be there anyway.

you do get that the Constitution doesn't allow for a state religion for EXACTLY the reason that the majority can't shove things down other people's throats.

It doesn't matter if ONE person doesn't want it. The Consitution says no.

That's the harm.

I would think that lowering your god to the level of "police" would be bad enough for the christians to want it removed anyhow. That just makes it sound more human.

No, you have pseudo-logic not proof.

I don't have any logic at all.

I've felt the change in myself when I realized that I had truly accepted God into my life.

Now I see God's hand in everyday things. I could give you a list of places I saw God today but you'd probably just laugh at me or dismiss it, but it doesn't make it any less real for me.

you do get that the Constitution doesn't allow for a state religion for EXACTLY the reason that the majority can't shove things down other people's throats.

It doesn't matter if ONE person doesn't want it. The Consitution says no.

That's the harm.

God isn't a religion.

I've felt the change in myself when I realized that I had truly accepted God into my life.

Now I see God's hand in everyday things. I could give you a list of places I saw God today but you'd probably just laugh at me or dismiss it, but it doesn't make it any less real for me.

And there is the proof that you are brainwashed, or ignorant.

God can be a generic term. It will be for the courts to decide. Frankly, I don't see the problem.

I think invoking God's help in a State law, or acknowledging the role of God in that law, is out of bounds. There is no good reason to have it in the law in the first place.

And there is the proof that you are brainwashed, or ignorant.

Maybe so, it wouldn't be the first time someone called me either one. But all I said was I had all the proof I needed. Maybe you need more proof or different proof. I don't think some people would believe if God took them to Sunday brunch and explained all the mysteries of his creation.

All I know is that I grew up with religion around me constantly. We were Baptists so this was pretty hardcore hellfire stuff. It never meant much to me, it didn't really click. I did whatever I wanted without even thinking about God. Then one day, click, something fell into place that I never felt before. I don't think anyone brainwashed me, maybe some subliminal message in an Ozzy song finally delivered it's payload, I dunno. I just started thinking about things and I realized that God had been there for me the whole time and was just waiting for me to open my eyes.

I'm not really into religion, though I do go to church because I want to now, I'm into the realization that you don't need religion to know God. I don't adhere religiously (haha) to any religious dogma because I think that misses the point. God is love. Love for everything and everyone without judgement or preconditions. I'm pretty sure I let God down regularly. Every day. Once an hour. Maybe constantly, but I try to get better everyday. And I know God forgives me because that's just how God is, he's really cool that way.

And it will probably sound dopier than everything else I just wrote but I actually started crying writing this, because thinking about God is just so profound that I lose it. It makes me just completely happy and fulfilled to know God can love someone like me. So if this is brainwashed or ignorant, then so be it. I'd rather be happy than smart.

Usually when you begin to have faith in something and practice something on a regular basis it usually shows postive results. And seeing good deeds and believing it is God's way or hand in it is still faith but does not prove he exsists. You never saw what Jesus did but you have faith in what he did, and there is not absolute proof he did most of what is written in the bible. Kind of like Greek Gods which you would consider mythology but to the Greeks it was factual. All religion is mythology but it doesn't mean there isn't some truths to them and that you shouldn't have faith in them.

Last edited:
Maybe so, it wouldn't be the first time someone called me either one. But all I said was I had all the proof I needed. Maybe you need more proof or different proof. I don't think some people would believe if God took them to Sunday brunch and explained all the mysteries of his creation.

All I know is that I grew up with religion around me constantly. We were Baptists so this was pretty hardcore hellfire stuff. It never meant much to me, it didn't really click. I did whatever I wanted without even thinking about God. Then one day, click, something fell into place that I never felt before. I don't think anyone brainwashed me, maybe some subliminal message in an Ozzy song finally delivered it's payload, I dunno. I just started thinking about things and I realized that God had been there for me the whole time and was just waiting for me to open my eyes.

I'm not really into religion, though I do go to church because I want to now, I'm into the realization that you don't need religion to know God. I don't adhere religiously (haha) to any religious dogma because I think that misses the point. God is love. Love for everything and everyone without judgement or preconditions. I'm pretty sure I let God down regularly. Every day. Once an hour. Maybe constantly, but I try to get better everyday. And I know God forgives me because that's just how God is, he's really cool that way.

And it will probably sound dopier than everything else I just wrote but I actually started crying writing this, because thinking about God is just so profound that I lose it. It makes me just completely happy and fulfilled to know God can love someone like me. So if this is brainwashed or ignorant, then so be it. I'd rather be happy than smart.

These are not ignorant sentiments. I do not share them, not being a religious person myself, but you're talking about an area where no one has tangible proof to offer one way or another. So we're left with intangibles, by and large.

Forum List

Back