Atheists want God out of Ky. homeland security

Why? In my study of Eastern Religions, seeking a higher truth is a noble and necessary goal in one's path to enlightenment and self-actualization. To me, this has parallels to the concept of God in Western Religions. I realize that you embrace Buddhism so I was trying to find common ground.

We have common ground. I'm sorry. Sometimes I get technical about terminology.

We do talk about truth in Buddhism. Relative truth and absolute truth--or ordinary thinking mind and awareness itself.

There are some parallels to God in Buddhism. The place where common ground often breaks down is in terminology. We refer to 'that which cannot be imagined or described' to refer to Buddha nature.

God, for most folks, has a completely different connotation, with powers and personality and with duality. As if there is a real God 'out there'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I grew up in Seattle.

Then get back here and help us push out the invaders. Even if we disagree with ideals, all the transplants who don't remember the beauty our city was once famous for have ruined it.

However, back on topic, then you should also know better than all that if such a message was ever posted in our political documents, most of us would be very upset and probably replace every one involved without hesitation (I used lynch as a turn of phrase).

Pink and white are fine. Do you at least listen to decent music?

Rock and Grunge mostly, though I love Marylin Mansons music (the lyrics are hard hitting but so honest and true). I listen to a few newer bands but rarely anything after 2000. I like Gorillaz, they are just a crazy bunch with some cool vids and decent lyrics. So yeah, I guess I do.

Rock and Grunge mostly, though I love Marylin Mansons music (the lyrics are hard hitting but so honest and true). I listen to a few newer bands but rarely anything after 2000. I like Gorillaz, they are just a crazy bunch with some cool vids and decent lyrics. So yeah, I guess I do.

I like rock and grunge, and a lot of goth stuff. Anything really. Well, not much rap, but anything else. Some good goth/metal acts out of Sweden.

Of course you like Grunge, you are from where it started!:razz:
I love Grunge also and still have some of my orginal Nirvana,Pearl Jam CD's. I have had to replace many and now have an IPOD for all that but I am throwing away the ones I bought when I was thirteen and Coban was still alive.
I still remember exactly what I was doing when I found out he died!

Of course you like Grunge, you are from where it started!:razz:
I love Grunge also and still have some of my orginal Nirvana,Pearl Jam CD's. I have had to replace many and now have an IPOD for all that but I am throwing away the ones I bought when I was thirteen and Coban was still alive.
I still remember exactly what I was doing when I found out he died!

Correction, I grew up during the grunge fad in the home of the grunge fad, so yeah, it's probably a predisposition. But when I move away (at 19) and came back several years ago the area has changed a lot, and most are not for the better. It's no longer emerald, it's gray.

Correction, I grew up during the grunge fad in the home of the grunge fad, so yeah, it's probably a predisposition. But when I move away (at 19) and came back several years ago the area has changed a lot, and most are not for the better. It's no longer emerald, it's gray.

You should look at the thread I started in Music and click on the song "Cain." You might like it.

atheists have a right to be there. jewish gods are not covered in "we the people"

It is a historical fact that when nations lose their perspective and reliance on God that nation dies. The United States is next. It always happens and we are doomed.

That is OK. The book of Revelation predicts what could best be described as a global nuclear war within one generation of the rebirth of the nation of Israel. I don't know how long God thinks a generation is, but I figure that war is going to be pretty soon. Having rejected God, the United States is damned.

It is a historical fact that when nations lose their perspective and reliance on God that nation dies. The United States is next. It always happens and we are doomed.

That is OK. The book of Revelation predicts what could best be described as a global nuclear war within one generation of the rebirth of the nation of Israel. I don't know how long God thinks a generation is, but I figure that war is going to be pretty soon. Having rejected God, the United States is damned.

Oookay ... can we say historical retardation?

One, the UK recently pushed religion out of it's government, and is working to rid their schools of it, but it is doing much better than us since. That's just the most recent. In reality it's generally the exact opposite, regardless of which religion any country that becomes exclusive eventually fractures and then becomes like ... well the Middle Eastern countries.

Oookay ... can we say historical retardation?

One, the UK recently pushed religion out of it's government, and is working to rid their schools of it, but it is doing much better than us since. That's just the most recent. In reality it's generally the exact opposite, regardless of which religion any country that becomes exclusive eventually fractures and then becomes like ... well the Middle Eastern countries.

Actually, England had its heyday when they were in the midst of Christian growth and global evangelism. It culminated in Victorian England. After Victoria the fall off in religiosity in England has been proportional to their societal decay. England is a mess now with their society deteorating morally and spiritually.

We are following England's example. Morality is dying rapidly in this country. Consequently people are dying because of that decline in morality.

That is funny but sad. That is exactly what happend in Ancient Israel when God decided that his covenant with the Israeli's was broken because of their lack of belief. Once that happened they were swept off of the land and carried away to bondage. God preserved the land for their future use.

Actually, England had its heyday when they were in the midst of Christian growth and global evangelism. It culminated in Victorian England. After Victoria the fall off in religiosity in England has been proportional to their societal decay. England is a mess now with their society deteorating morally and spiritually.

We are following England's example. Morality is dying rapidly in this country. Consequently people are dying because of that decline in morality.

That is funny but sad. That is exactly what happend in Ancient Israel when God decided that his covenant with the Israeli's was broken because of their lack of belief. Once that happened they were swept off of the land and carried away to bondage. God preserved the land for their future use.

Um really ... you are just proving that you don't pay attention to current events either.

You are exactly right.

Also, Baptists were the ones who held out for a separation of church and state when our country was developing.

All right, specifics. England has actually improved LOT since they started purifying the schools and government of religious singularity (booting out the christian influence).

Also, during the time that there was a christian influence their science and technology were stagnant, remember the Dark Ages. The US had less religious influence in the government at first, at which time we became the technological leaders ... almost. Japan which has almost never had any religious control has maintained leadership in the tech industry for so many decades. The more our country add religious influence into our government the worse we are getting. Since the banning of sex ed in many schools by the religious right those schools now have a much higher rate of teen pregnancy and STDs. So ... there is enough proof.

Back on topic anyone?

No, English children actually are not educated as well as they were, and England has become a pathetic shadow of itself.

It used to be the #1 world power.

Shows what you know about history.

Um ... you do realize they only recently started ridding the country of the christian influence in the government and schools, right? Talking REALLY recent. That decline was while they were still praying and teaching creationism in schools, because of the purifying being still pretty new the complete effects will take some more time to notice, but the most recent improvements are already better than anyone could have hoped for. Is your concept of time very accurate, because it seems to me you don't realize just how recent these changes were and that they still have a long way to go before becoming as pure as the US once was.

Just for how recent, the creationism was still taught in 2003 and the conversion to teaching true science instead is still not complete: BBC NEWS | Education | Fears over teaching creationism

May as well add the link for the story that started it all ... in 2002:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2002/mar/09/schools.religion

Last edited:
No, they didn't. They started ridding the country of that influence, as was already stated, long before that, and it's been one long downhill roll for them ever since.

Nice try, but you're not holding up well. Perhaps you need some sleep.

*sighs* Ignorance mus be bliss. Luckily most people are not as ignorant as you. The downhill roll started earlier, before the US was even formed. Learn your history better.

Forum List

Back