Atheist Stand to Lose the Most.

"I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the kind that we experience in ourselves. Neither can I nor would I want to conceive of an individual that survives his physical death; let feeble souls, from fear or absurd egoism, cherish such thoughts. I am satisfied with the mystery of the eternity of life and with the awareness and a glimpse of the marvelous structure of the existing world, together with the devoted striving to comprehend a portion, be it ever so tiny, of the Reason that manifests itself in nature."

Albert Einstein

☭proletarian☭;1827778 said:
Of course it's a conscious decision.

Why are people so quick to conclude they cant chose who they are?

Why do you argue something other than my rebuttal?

It's very dishonest on your part.

I am arguing your very point. You claim you cant chose to be a believer or a non-believer. You act as though you have no say in who you are. I think that's ridiculous.

Test out the concept for a moment, Avatar.

For one day--try NOT to believe in GOD.

If i'm wrong about God, when i die i lose nothing.But when the atheist dies if they're wrong they lose it all.

why are you so worried about what other people believe? i'd think if you believe in the rightness of your religious dogma, that should be sufficient.

If you are wrong about God you will be severely punished. Chances are you believe in the wrong God or else some religious principle that offends God.

Only people who belong to the right religion make it to heaven. Chances are overwhelming that your religion is wrong

If i'm wrong about God, when i die i lose nothing.But when the atheist dies if they're wrong they lose it all.

why are you so worried about what other people believe? i'd think if you believe in the rightness of your religious dogma, that should be sufficient.

If you are wrong about God you will be severely punished. Chances are you believe in the wrong God or else some religious principle that offends God.

Only people who belong to the right religion make it to heaven. Chances are overwhelming that your religion is wrong

Ok, which religion is correct? They all claim to be.

if im wrong, as an atheist, i get to go to hell instead of being dead and nothing else.

ill be punished by the devil for not having known that god existed during my life.
by eternal torture.
man that would suck. i wander if there's any way out of there once your in.
do i really have to burn alive and be poked by sharp needles forever then? :(

If im dead and there's nothing else it won't matter but if i'm right i wont be suffering an eternity in hell fire.
First of all, to "suffer" you must have some level of awareness, and the bible says the dead are conscious of nothing.

Ecclesiastes 9:5; For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all

And second, if you make it to heaven you will suffer the eternal loneliness of heaven. The whole concept of "Original Sin" is predicated upon Adam representing ALL mankind.

Chronologically, Adam was not separated from God by sin until AFTER Eve was created. So before Eve was created, Adam was in a heavenly state of physical perfection, without sin, in paradise, and one with God.

So how could Adam have been so "alone" it was "not good" BEFORE he was separated from God by sin??????
God saw Adam was lacking a mate and created Eve, but how could Adam have been lacking anything while he was without sin and one with God??????

Gen 2: 18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

The bible says in heaven we will have no mate, so heaven will be the eternal loneliness of being one with God.

Matthew 22: 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Friends will keep you sane, Love could fill your heart, A lover can warm your bed, But lonely is the soul without a mate.
- David Pratt

Heaven will be no heaven to me if I do not meet my wife there.
Andrew Jackson

Last edited:
There was a certain man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate full of sores, and desiring to be fed the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table, moreover, the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died, and was buried. And in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, "Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, "Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receiveth thy good tidings, and likewise Lazarus evil things: But now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that they which would pass from hence to you, cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence." Then he said, "I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldst send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren: that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment." Abraham said unto him, "They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them." And he said, "Nay, father Abraham: But if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent." And he said unto him, "If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rose from the dead." Luke 16:19-31

@Froggy - can u read? and if so, do u have the power of comprehension? let me spell it out for u. u can't believe just to cover your ass. either u truly and wholly believe or u don't. if u truly believe, then u wouldn't be hedging your eternity on "Pascal's Wager", nor would u feel the need to post it here. u are a fence-sitter who thinks he is smarter than his all-knowing god. when u die, your god will know that u just used your faith (phony belief) as an insurance policy to try to trick HIM into granting you access to Heaven. see u in Hell :evil:

I just give you the cold, hard, truth what you do with it is your will. But Satan has got a new trick going his way, and using the atheist to do his work. hes got them telling the world there is no god. So atheist may deny it,but their service to satan is dedicated.

I serve satan?

Ahh that old binary logic again.

I chose a 3rd option. No god or Satan. Not believieng in either sort of naturally goes together.

There was a certain man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate full of sores, and desiring to be fed the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table, moreover, the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died, and was buried. And in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, "Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, "Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receiveth thy good tidings, and likewise Lazarus evil things: But now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that they which would pass from hence to you, cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence." Then he said, "I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldst send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren: that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment." Abraham said unto him, "They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them." And he said, "Nay, father Abraham: But if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent." And he said unto him, "If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rose from the dead." Luke 16:19-31
If your God knew that someone who rose from the dead would not be very persuasive, why did he torture and crucify his son??? Just to get his kicks watching his son suffer? Did he want most people to suffer in hell so he deliberately chose the least persuasive method of salvation he could think of?

@Froggy - can u read? and if so, do u have the power of comprehension? let me spell it out for u. u can't believe just to cover your ass. either u truly and wholly believe or u don't. if u truly believe, then u wouldn't be hedging your eternity on "Pascal's Wager", nor would u feel the need to post it here. u are a fence-sitter who thinks he is smarter than his all-knowing god. when u die, your god will know that u just used your faith (phony belief) as an insurance policy to try to trick HIM into granting you access to Heaven. see u in Hell :evil:

I just give you the cold, hard, truth what you do with it is your will. But Satan has got a new trick going his way, and using the atheist to do his work. hes got them telling the world there is no god. So atheist may deny it,but their service to satan is dedicated.

What is the work of the devil in your religion, froggy? How will I know it when I see it?

What is the work of the devil in your religion, froggy? How will I know it when I see it?
Cant read huh, when you tell the world there is no God, your serving him well, and don't even know it.

Cant read huh, when you tell the world there is no God, your serving him well, and don't even know it.

No, brother. I read just fine. I am asking you what your opinion is.

Forum List

Back