Atheist 10 Commandments

Behold atheists new Ten Commandments - CNN.com

1. Be open-minded and be willing to alter your beliefs with new evidence.

2. Strive to understand what is most likely to be true, not to believe what you wish to be true.

3. The scientific method is the most reliable way of understanding the natural world.

4. Every person has the right to control of their body.

5. God is not necessary to be a good person or to live a full and meaningful life.

6. Be mindful of the consequences of all your actions and recognize that you must take responsibility for them.

7. Treat others as you would want them to treat you, and can reasonably expect them to want to be treated. Think about their perspective.

8. We have the responsibility to consider others, including future generations.

9. There is no one right way to live.

10. Leave the world a better place than you found it.

So you are not an atheist, I thought you were.
Why not?

Cause atheism is the ultimate denial of reality and to be an atheist is to live a lie.
Atheism is the ultimate denial of reality?

You somehow missed the point of atheism being absent appeals to magic and supernaturalism which are basic elements of religious belief.

You don't want to recognize that the postulation of your gods raises unresolvable paradoxes. You don’t seem to understand that the acknowledgement of reality is the only mechanism available to recognize and to address the paradox. Is there a supernatural reality that we can access to address supernatural paradoxes?

The truly pitiable part of your ideological cowardice is that you require an unsolvable paradox to exist because that relieves you of the burdensome task of taking responsibility for your actions and the world you create. It requires you to abdicate reason in the face of fear. Any gawds who reward fear over reason are not worthy of worship.

Seems it is atheists who have a grasp of reality....not those who believe in magical creatures

No that is only a pile of shit grasped in your hand. Reality is larger and better than that.
Look at me!

I believe in fairies and unicorns......I have FAITH

There are no fairies and unicorns in scripture, the natural world has no trace of them. Faith like that is sick and deluded. Faith is actually about taking a risk to trust someone you have good reason to believe is credible. I trust what Christ and the scriptures he affirms say about the unseen world but I do not trust someone who says he knows better than God. By definition a finite, mortal and imperfect man ( or even a large scientifically inclined group of them) cannot know better than an infinite perfect and Eternal God.
Talking snakes? Angels?

no different than believing in Santa

Santa was most probably a creation of Coca Colas marketing machine crossed with St Nicolas and the Russian story of Father Winter. People do not really believe in him even if they spend too much at Christmas time.

Why is it so hard to believe that there are beings smarter and more gifted than ourselves in this universe. One day we will probably be able to rig up a chimpansee with some electrical wires and computer chips to produce intelligent sounds with their existing vocal equipment. Yet you cannot believe in the capacity of alternate beings to speak through creatures more feeble minded and less gifted than themselves.

You yourself mouth the views of dead atheists to whom you are indebted without even being aware of it and they were a bunch of morons!
"Alternate beings"?

These must be the alternate beings who inhabit the alternate reality you dwell in.

It's time to prescribe some alternate medications for your ailments.

ten-commandments.jpg

The only 10 Commandments I recognize. The OP is to mock Christians and religion itself. Typical in this day and age.
You notice how the ignore the questions about following them, because to claim they do so, automatically makes them all hypocrites.

They want to cherry pick what the choose to and choose not to follow.
If you don't believe in the first four, why wouldn't you cherry pick

God had a chance at his commandments and he blew them

I was talking about the atheist ten commandments, how many of those do you follow?

ten-commandments.jpg

The only 10 Commandments I recognize. The OP is to mock Christians and religion itself. Typical in this day and age.
You notice how the ignore the questions about following them, because to claim they do so, automatically makes them all hypocrites.

I was talking about the atheist ten commandments, how many of those do you follow?
Pretty much all of them......how many do you follow

ten-commandments.jpg

On this board, I see you ignore one and seven.

Why is that?

2. Strive to understand what is most likely to be true, not to believe what you wish to be true.

3. The scientific method is the most reliable way of understanding the natural world.

5. God is not necessary to be a good person or to live a full and meaningful life.

6. Be mindful of the consequences of all your actions and recognize that you must take responsibility for them.

7. Treat others as you would want them to treat you, and can reasonably expect them to want to be treated. Think about their perspective.

Why not?

Cause atheism is the ultimate denial of reality and to be an atheist is to live a lie.

You somehow missed the point of atheism being absent appeals to magic and supernaturalism which are basic elements of religious belief.

You don't want to recognize that the postulation of your gods raises unresolvable paradoxes. You don’t seem to understand that the acknowledgement of reality is the only mechanism available to recognize and to address the paradox. Is there a supernatural reality that we can access to address supernatural paradoxes?

The truly pitiable part of your ideological cowardice is that you require an unsolvable paradox to exist because that relieves you of the burdensome task of taking responsibility for your actions and the world you create. It requires you to abdicate reason in the face of fear. Any gawds who reward fear over reason are not worthy of worship.

I make no appeal to magic.

That there is more to reality that just what our senses can perceive or minds deduce is obvious to any thinking person. The desire to eliminate these unknowns and squeeze our reality into tight little constructs of our own making is reductionist and a major limiting factor on our fuller humanity. The supernatural reality by which we can authoritatively measure our understanding of the wider universe is the God who has revealed himself in scripture. That he has demonstrated what these scriptures mean in human history and continues to transform individuals and societies even today is the major scientific proof of the value of this revelation. Theologically and philosophically favourable comparisons can be made with alternate world views such as Liberal Progressive atheism, Marxist atheism, Nietzschean atheism, Sunni / Shia / Sufi Islam etc. The atheist ten commandments that Rightwinger presented are fairly easy to rip apart as is evidenced by the fact that no atheist here has dared respond to my critique of them earlier in this OP. Nor for that matter answered the questions of integrity relating to how many of these commandments they actually keep raised by others.

Not sure what you mean by unsolvable paradoxes. God makes sense to me even if I will never fully understand Him to the extent that He exhaustively understands me. Maybe you have an example in mind?

Your last point about ideological cowardice seems unfair to me since I live in Europe where the culture has been post Christian for a while and can be contrasted with that in the USA where there may be more of a cultural advantage in being a Christian. Moreover I have spent decades witnessing to people from Communist East Europe, Islam and modern Liberal Progressive Europe in often hostile circumstances. Maybe it would be more fitting to make this accusation in a Christian dominated culture but I think it would be unfair there too as true Christians do not declare their commitment out of fear of their culture but rather in response to the reality of Christ. Here I stand with the experiences that I have had of a living God. I can do no other.

ten-commandments.jpg

Why is that?

Why is that?

Why would you think that?

Having spent twenty years as a Republican, I don't see where you can say I am not open to new beliefs. I have also altered my position on gay rights and gay marriage

I follow this tenet religiously when I post on this board. Those posters who debate respectfully on this board receive respective replies. Those who are here to post smack get smack in return

Freakin' hilarious, that atheists would issue commandments, Christian-style. Atheists do indeed have a religion, just not one they want people to be aware of because it is so filled with hypocrisy and hate, bent on destroying any other, "opposing" religion...oh, wait...just like so many other religions, isn't it?

Why is that?

Why is that?

Having spent twenty years as a Republican, I don't see where you can say I am not open to new beliefs. I have also altered my position on gay rights and gay marriage

I follow this tenet religiously when I post on this board. Those posters who debate respectfully on this board receive respective replies. Those who are here to post smack get smack in return

You slam others beliefs if you disagree with them.

As far as number 7, you treat other how YOU want to be treated not how others treat you, so you miss the spirit of the law.

Why is that?

Why is that?

You slam others beliefs if you disagree with them.

As far as number 7, you treat other how YOU want to be treated not how others treat you, so you miss the spirit of the law.

You obviously don't understand why we have a message board. Of course you slam beliefs you don't believe in. Doesn't mean I have not adjusted my beliefs over time

I treat others on this board as they deserve to be treated....yourself included
If I am acting like an ass, I expect to be treated like an ass

Atheists are deluded liars who can't accept the reality and truth of God. They are mentally insane and really believe that their lies are actually truths.

Atheists live in a small mental jail cell with bars made from lies. They are cowards that refuse to truly seek truth. Atheists call themselves free thinkers because their thinking is free from truths and logic.

Atheists are deluded liars who can't accept the reality and truth of God. They are mentally insane and really believe that their lies are actually truths.

Atheists live in a small mental jail cell with bars made from lies. They are cowards that refuse to truly seek truth. Atheists call themselves free thinkers because their thinking is free from truths and logic.
Or maybe we just saw the mystical world you live in, laughed to ourselves and went on with our lives

Or maybe we just saw the mystical world you live in, laughed to ourselves and went on with our lives

Nope. The hardcore atheists are insane.

There's a segment of sane atheists, people who were gullible enough to believe lies from insane atheists.

A minor portion of these sane atheists are dedicated truth seekers. These atheists will always convert to Christianity once they learned the truth of Jesus Christ.

There's a segment of sane atheists, people who were gullible enough to believe lies from insane atheists.

A minor portion of these sane atheists are dedicated truth seekers. These atheists will always convert to Christianity once they learned the truth of Jesus Christ.
Obviously you're unaware of how ridiculous this is.

Why not?

Insane Hollie spouting the typically atheist stupid lies and nonsense ideas. The moron too stupid to read books.

One of the truths I've learned about you hyper-religious types is that hate; (self-hate, hate for the out group and hate of the very precepts you falsely claim to embrace) is a core element of what drives your maladjusted personality.

Why not?

Insane Hollie spouting the typically atheist stupid lies and nonsense ideas. The moron too stupid to read books.

And in typical fashion, you're unable to address any of the salient points in my comments.

You cult groupies are a danger to yourselves and others.

He doesn't understand... that he doesn't understand.

Insane atheists think truths are ridiculous. They choose to believe lies instead of truths. That's why they're insane.

There is no 'god' as perceived by theists – there is no omnipotent extra-terrestrial entity that hears prayers, intercedes on the behalf of humans, and issues edicts that must be obeyed, where transgressors are subject to some sort of postmortem punishment.

If one wishes to perceive 'god' as the collective goodness of humankind or the natural process of life on Earth, fine; but religion, gods, and their subsequent theological dogma are all creations of man.

Forum List

Back