Atheist 10 Commandments

Behold atheists new Ten Commandments - CNN.com

1. Be open-minded and be willing to alter your beliefs with new evidence.

2. Strive to understand what is most likely to be true, not to believe what you wish to be true.

3. The scientific method is the most reliable way of understanding the natural world.

4. Every person has the right to control of their body.

5. God is not necessary to be a good person or to live a full and meaningful life.

6. Be mindful of the consequences of all your actions and recognize that you must take responsibility for them.

7. Treat others as you would want them to treat you, and can reasonably expect them to want to be treated. Think about their perspective.

8. We have the responsibility to consider others, including future generations.

9. There is no one right way to live.

10. Leave the world a better place than you found it.

Number 7 sounds a lot like the teaching of Jesus when he said, "Luke 6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.". I would also warn that science is fed from the teat of the government politicians. Those who are funded are in line with what the politicians want. In answer to number 9, Jesus says, "John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.".

2. Strive to understand what is most likely to be true, not to believe what you wish to be true.

3. The scientific method is the most reliable way of understanding the natural world.

5. God is not necessary to be a good person or to live a full and meaningful life.

6. Be mindful of the consequences of all your actions and recognize that you must take responsibility for them.

7. Treat others as you would want them to treat you, and can reasonably expect them to want to be treated. Think about their perspective.

Number 7 sounds a lot like the teaching of Jesus when he said, "Luke 6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.". I would also warn that science is fed from the teat of the government politicians. Those who are funded are in line with what the politicians want. In answer to number 9, Jesus says, "John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.".

Jesus would have written a better Ten Commandments than God did. Jesus had a better understanding of the basic goodness of man while God was more concerned with......you better worship me or else

Jesus would have written a better Ten Commandments than God did. Jesus had a better understanding of the basic goodness of man while God was more concerned with......you better worship me or else

Strange belief there rw.

Strange belief there rw.

If you look at it objectively, God blew his chance at the ten commandments

Moses leads the Jews out of slavery and God didnt even make a commandment condemning slavery?
Four commandments demanding worship or else?
Coveting?

When the Pharisees brought an adulterous woman to Christ to test Christ's mercy vs. Law conundrum, He bent down and with His finger started writing on the stone in the square. He wrote on stone once before that. On Mt. Sinai, with Moses. They were asking Him to break the laws that He actually wrote!
Christ was God, in human form. He was Emanuel, God with us. And He is the same, yesterday, today and tomorrow.
God so loves man that not only was He not a, worship me or else kind of Father, He forgave us while we sinned and provided for us in spite of our conduct. The proof is the Jews in the desert, prior to and after the laws.

God never wanted to be our Judge. Never wanted laws and commandments to forge our relationship with Him. Go back to when the Laws were introduced. Not with Adam, mind you, but with a specific group of people who insisted on laws.
God, hated the Law and in due time, offered them a new, better covenant. The one where He died in our place, with our sin judged and punished on the cross, so we could have our loving forgiving Father back, who remembers our sins no more...
They have yet to take Him up on His offer. Christians have accepted His gift. It is a gift that is free and offered to anyone who wants their eternity to be fulfilling.

Last edited:

Thou shallt not think.......

Thou shallt not think.......

Very true

Better that you fear God.....or else!

Forum List

Back