Atheist 10 Commandments

Another atheist nonsence post.

There is a massive difference between nominal Christians and Jews and active ones. Active Christians and practising Jews have a very much lower divorce rate.

I don't know why numbers are so hard. Active Christians may well have better numbers than inactive, but this clearly shows that Atheists/Agnostics have better numbers than either. That's just the numbers, don't blame me if it doesn't support your position.

I'm not an Atheist, btw.

No actually the stats show that the Active Conservative Protestants and Catholics have more than a 30% lower divorce rate than the religiously non committed and Active Jews a 97% lower rate. However nominal Christians and Jews have a much higher rate. So basically the atheists on this thread are comparing themselves to hypocrites and liberals. Anecdotally I know of only one truly devout and mature Christian who has initiated a divorce out of hundreds that
I know ( I am not including frauds in that and I have known a few of those - because these guys never really were Christians). The Christians that did this did not do it until 5 years after she stopped speaking to him and he has not remarried.

FactChecker Divorce Rate Among Christians TGC The Gospel Coalition

You are comparing Christians to Christians and Jews to Jews. When you compare either, whether active or not, to Atheists/Agnostics the numbers show their divorce rate is higher.

No you have misunderstood the statistics- read the gospel coalitions Editors note. The comparison is with atheists and agnostics ( those with no religious affiliation). All active Conservative Protestants and active Catholics are more than 30% less likely to divorce than atheists / agnostics. Also that is before factors like how many of those who initiated the Christian divorce were only in church on Sunday to please a partner they later fell out with. In my experience real Christians rarely ever divorce though new Christians often do and nominal will rationalise whatever they do to make themselves look good.

I haven't misunderstood them at all. I read the article you refered to. Perhaps you should as well. Atheists and Agnostics aren't even mentioned. Now, if you actually compare the numbers you will see that Atheists and Agnostics have a lower divorce rate. Those are the numbers. I know they aren't the numbers you want, but those are the numbers nonetheless.
No religious affiliation = atheist or agnostic

I don't know why numbers are so hard. Active Christians may well have better numbers than inactive, but this clearly shows that Atheists/Agnostics have better numbers than either. That's just the numbers, don't blame me if it doesn't support your position.

I'm not an Atheist, btw.

No actually the stats show that the Active Conservative Protestants and Catholics have more than a 30% lower divorce rate than the religiously non committed and Active Jews a 97% lower rate. However nominal Christians and Jews have a much higher rate. So basically the atheists on this thread are comparing themselves to hypocrites and liberals. Anecdotally I know of only one truly devout and mature Christian who has initiated a divorce out of hundreds that
I know ( I am not including frauds in that and I have known a few of those - because these guys never really were Christians). The Christians that did this did not do it until 5 years after she stopped speaking to him and he has not remarried.

You are comparing Christians to Christians and Jews to Jews. When you compare either, whether active or not, to Atheists/Agnostics the numbers show their divorce rate is higher.

No you have misunderstood the statistics- read the gospel coalitions Editors note. The comparison is with atheists and agnostics ( those with no religious affiliation). All active Conservative Protestants and active Catholics are more than 30% less likely to divorce than atheists / agnostics. Also that is before factors like how many of those who initiated the Christian divorce were only in church on Sunday to please a partner they later fell out with. In my experience real Christians rarely ever divorce though new Christians often do and nominal will rationalise whatever they do to make themselves look good.

Ah, the "real Christians" meme.

Since we have no objective means to differentiate "real Christians" from the "not really real Christians" and the outright "not real at all, Christians", we can presume that your goofy categories of Christians is meaningless.

I'm not an Atheist, btw.

Since we have no objective means to differentiate "real Christians" from the "not really real Christians" and the outright "not real at all, Christians", we can presume that your goofy categories of Christians is meaningless.

And you should know - being an atheist?
There's no requirement for atheism to make observations about such things. It's an old ploy of religionists to dismiss out of their religion anyone who thinks/does differently than the self-professed "true christian" thinks/does. This is one reason why christianity (and most religions), tend to splinter into many sects and subdivisions. The dynamic is that group-think tends to draw the like-minded into enclaves where the self-professed assemble.

So, your rebuttle should be simple. Show us the objective standards that define tthe "true christian".

There's no requirement for atheism to make observations about such things. It's an old ploy of religionists to dismiss out of their religion anyone who thinks/does differently than the self-professed "true christian" thinks/does. This is one reason why christianity (and most religions), tend to splinter into many sects and subdivisions. The dynamic is that group-think tends to draw the like-minded into enclaves where the self-professed assemble.

So, your rebuttle should be simple. Show us the objective standards that define tthe "true christian".

divorce rate highest in jesusland states

Family Values In Red States Vs. Blue States NPR

Red States Lead the Nation in Divorce - The Wire

What's fueling Bible Belt (jesusland) divorces

Isn't this the place that true
Christians live?

don't they wave their jesus around and tell everyone?

isn't it the place were there is a jebus is lord
church on every corner?

What s fueling Bible Belt divorces - CNN.com

So if you follow the atheist ten commandments does that make you an atheist and if you don't follow the atheist ten commandments can you still be considered an atheist.

I'm not an Atheist, btw.

I haven't misunderstood them at all. I read the article you refered to. Perhaps you should as well. Atheists and Agnostics aren't even mentioned. Now, if you actually compare the numbers you will see that Atheists and Agnostics have a lower divorce rate. Those are the numbers. I know they aren't the numbers you want, but those are the numbers nonetheless.
No religious affiliation = atheist or agnostic

It doesn't say that, nor does that article even provide supporting data. I'm sorry if the actual numbers don't support your position.

ten-commandments.jpg

The only 10 Commandments I recognize. The OP is to mock Christians and religion itself. Typical in this day and age.

ten-commandments.jpg

The only 10 Commandments I recognize. The OP is to mock Christians and religion itself. Typical in this day and age.
You notice how the ignore the questions about following them, because to claim they do so, automatically makes them all hypocrites.

They want to cherry pick what the choose to and choose not to follow.

ten-commandments.jpg

You notice how the ignore the questions about following them, because to claim they do so, automatically makes them all hypocrites.
To each his own. If you don't believe then so be it. I stated my opinion, and in my opinion the OP is just another attack against religion. The OP always like to ditch any religion. That is his right as it is mine to state my beliefs whether or not your types like it.

Takes one to know one and you ain't. Read the bible starting with the gospels when you are in a more receptive frame of mind.

divorce rate highest in jesusland states

Family Values In Red States Vs. Blue States NPR

Red States Lead the Nation in Divorce - The Wire

Yeh right like the whole world is America.

But did you actually read what you posted. They suggested that a low marriage age and pregnancy age was the real issue with divorce. Liberal East coast families do not do shot gun weddings and rather urge their daughters to use contraception or even abort the child. The final age of marriage is therefore later and when more financial resources are in place to support a family and the passions of youth are more under control.

Of course Liberal states are not devoid of true Christians and Bible Belt states have a large number of nominal Christians. That the general pressure on young people to get established in careers and to experiment in multiple sexual relationships has never been stronger and the media itself contributes to this pressure. That there is a problem with a large part of the religious culture that has often turned a blind eye to the hetrosexual activity of its youngsters and not found realistic ways to deal with the pressures of being young and single in a world that is ever more ruthless in the job and marriage markets.

These surveys did not deal with the difference between nominal and active believers. But they did add an extra list of considerations to the discussion

Behold atheists new Ten Commandments - CNN.com

1. Be open-minded and be willing to alter your beliefs with new evidence.

2. Strive to understand what is most likely to be true, not to believe what you wish to be true.

3. The scientific method is the most reliable way of understanding the natural world.

4. Every person has the right to control of their body.

5. God is not necessary to be a good person or to live a full and meaningful life.

6. Be mindful of the consequences of all your actions and recognize that you must take responsibility for them.

7. Treat others as you would want them to treat you, and can reasonably expect them to want to be treated. Think about their perspective.

8. We have the responsibility to consider others, including future generations.

9. There is no one right way to live.

10. Leave the world a better place than you found it.

So you are not an atheist, I thought you were.
Why not?

2. Strive to understand what is most likely to be true, not to believe what you wish to be true.

3. The scientific method is the most reliable way of understanding the natural world.

5. God is not necessary to be a good person or to live a full and meaningful life.

6. Be mindful of the consequences of all your actions and recognize that you must take responsibility for them.

7. Treat others as you would want them to treat you, and can reasonably expect them to want to be treated. Think about their perspective.

Why not?

Cause atheism is the ultimate denial of reality and to be an atheist is to live a lie.

ten-commandments.jpg

If you don't believe in the first four, why wouldn't you cherry pick

God had a chance at his commandments and he blew them

Why not?

Cause atheism is the ultimate denial of reality and to be an atheist is to live a lie.
Seems it is atheists who have a grasp of reality....not those who believe in magical creatures

Why not?

Seems it is atheists who have a grasp of reality....not those who believe in magical creatures

No that is only a pile of shit grasped in your hand. Reality is larger and better than that.

Why not?

No that is only a pile of shit grasped in your hand. Reality is larger and better than that.
Look at me!

I believe in fairies and unicorns......I have FAITH

Why not?

Look at me!

There are no fairies and unicorns in scripture, the natural world has no trace of them. Faith like that is sick and deluded. Faith is actually about taking a risk to trust someone you have good reason to believe is credible. I trust what Christ and the scriptures he affirms say about the unseen world but I do not trust someone who says he knows better than God. By definition a finite, mortal and imperfect man ( or even a large scientifically inclined group of them) cannot know better than an infinite perfect and Eternal God.

Look at me!

There are no fairies and unicorns in scripture, the natural world has no trace of them. Faith like that is sick and deluded. Faith is actually about taking a risk to trust someone you have good reason to believe is credible. I trust what Christ and the scriptures he affirms say about the unseen world but I do not trust someone who says he knows better than God. By definition a finite, mortal and imperfect man ( or even a large scientifically inclined group of them) cannot know better than an infinite perfect and Eternal God.
Talking snakes? Angels?

no different than believing in Santa

Look at me!

Talking snakes? Angels?

no different than believing in Santa

Santa was most probably a creation of Coca Colas marketing machine crossed with St Nicolas and the Russian story of Father Winter. People do not really believe in him even if they spend too much at Christmas time.

Why is it so hard to believe that there are beings smarter and more gifted than ourselves in this universe. One day we will probably be able to rig up a chimpansee with some electrical wires and computer chips to produce intelligent sounds with their existing vocal equipment. Yet you cannot believe in the capacity of alternate beings to speak through creatures more feeble minded and less gifted than themselves.

You yourself mouth the views of dead atheists to whom you are indebted without even being aware of it and they were a bunch of morons!

Forum List

Back