Atheism is the believe that something came out of nothing and we're all going nowhere

Everyone's demons are real and tangible. What are yours?
Don't have any fake ass demons.
Given your level of craziness, I would be shocked if you didn't. Do you really believe that you are normal? Seriously?
No, I'm above normal. :D
Is that what your psychiatrist told you?
Don't have one, but it sounds like you do.
You couldn't afford one? Czernobog might do it for free.

Getting into personal insults here. Not good. We're all crazy.

But to understand it from a logical point of view, there's someone believing in some incredible things that cannot be proven, but insisting that they're true, and promoting that all the human casualties that have happened because of his beliefs have been justified by people seeking his "incredible thing". In the face of common sense that says otherwise. And the person who believes in these incredible things, wants more people to believe as he does, and puts down anyone who things differently as an idiot or worse, crazy.

But, the thing is, the Pope disagrees. So he now has to face a whole new onslaught, without the religious king to help him.

He now has to go against his religion, and promote a world where his wanton lust for violence can be satisfied, without the support of the Pope, or people who believe in peace and promotion of humanity.

He must find a way to explain why the extermination and torture of millions upon millions of people are still justified by his "god".

Good luck w that!

Getting into personal insults here. Not good. We're all crazy.

But to understand it from a logical point of view, there's someone believing in some incredible things that cannot be proven, but insisting that they're true, and promoting that all the human casualties that have happened because of his beliefs have been justified by people seeking his "incredible thing". In the face of common sense that says otherwise. And the person who believes in these incredible things, wants more people to believe as he does, and puts down anyone who things differently as an idiot or worse, crazy.

But, the thing is, the Pope disagrees. So he now has to face a whole new onslaught, without the religious king to help him.
Of course it can be proven. I have already don that. Your problem is that there is no proof you will accept. Please tell me exactly what proof you are seeking.

He now has to go against his religion, and promote a world where his wanton lust for violence can be satisfied, without the support of the Pope, or people who believe in peace and promotion of humanity.

He must find a way to explain why the extermination and torture of millions upon millions of people are still justified by his "god".

Good luck w that!
Actually I don't. I understand this world. You are the one who doesn't understand it.

Then why, in all that's good in this world, would you promote your religion?

You can't even have a peaceful conversation here, without whipping out insults of how stupid or crazy we are for not believing in the same thing...

What benefit do you gain from the stuff you post?

And to edit: I seek proof in history, ding. Why is your way better than everyone else's? Why should we follow your birth-given belief?

Last edited:
Because if you were born Buddhist, you would be singing a totally different song. And if you were born Jewish, you'd be suing us by now.

Your belief is dictated by what you born into.

Not what you figured out later when you became an adult. You believe in stuff that was crammed into your brain from infancy.

And you deny anything that contradicts your initial brainwashing.

Like the Earth being older than 6000 years.

Then why, in all that's good in this world, would you promote your religion?

You can't even have a peaceful conversation here, without whipping out insults of how stupid or crazy we are for not believing in the same thing...

Well first of all that is exactly what you are looking for and secondly, you are confusing my stating what you are doing with with an insults. Is it or is it not your mission to subordinate religion? While I am happy that you see what you are doing as an insult, I am sad that you obfuscate.

What benefit do you gain from the stuff you post?

And to edit: I seek proof in history, ding. Why is your way better than everyone else's? Why should we follow your birth-given belief?

I don't gain anything personally. I couldn't care less if you follow my beliefs. I only care that you attempt to subordinate religion.

Because if you were born Buddhist, you would be singing a totally different song. And if you were born Jewish, you'd be suing us by now.

Your belief is dictated by what you born into.

Not what you figured out later when you became an adult. You believe in stuff that was crammed into your brain from infancy.

And you deny anything that contradicts your initial brainwashing.

Like the Earth being older than 6000 years.
You have no idea what tune I would be singing. I have studied Buddhism. I have studied all major religions. Which is why I recognize yours. Funny you should mention brainwashing.

Throughout our nation's history, churches have done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility. Moral and civil individuals are largely governed by their own sense of right and wrong, and hence have little need for external government. This is the real reason the collectivist Left hates religion: Churches as institutions compete with the state for the people's allegiance, and many devout people put their faith in God before putting their faith in the state. Knowing this, the secularists wage an ongoing war against religion, chipping away bit by bit at our nation's Christian heritage.
Dr. Ron Paul

People have tried to stick to a religion, and it has failed every time. Because the religion branches out into groups that think their interpretation of the religion is more accurate than others' interpretations. And then they fight about it. It's happening today with Islam. And has happened countless times in the past. There's a reason...

Greed.

While I have no doubt you have read about other religions, I seriously doubt you have an understanding of the overall picture, because you are fixated on your own birth-religion as being right and laughing the rest off. Otherwise you would likely come to the same conclusion upon study: Religions are lies used by hungry leaders to control people for money and power.

They are NOT intended to bring you closer to God, or teach you the way to salvation, nor are they to promote peace and harmony among the human race. They are the opposite. They are intended to produce people willing to donate and die, to help the rulers get even richer and even more powerful. And they use very wrong ways of achieving that, including genocide, rape, and slavery.

The Pope has apologized. I can respect that. I do think some people need a religion because they're not intelligent enough to figure out stuff for themselves, as long as they can remain harmless. And the ideal of Jesus is a great way to follow, among many others.

I also have no problem with people who have faith in something bigger than ourselves. I have a problem when people believe they need to kill or hurt others to promote their religion. I think you're just a few steps away from joining the latter ranks, when the shit hits the fan. And that's why I'm arguing this and trying to make you see the truth.

Last edited:
People have tried to stick to a religion, and it has failed every time. Because the religion branches out into groups that think their interpretation of the religion is more accurate than others' interpretations. And then they fight about it. It's happening today with Islam. And has happened countless times in the past. There's a reason...

Greed.

While I have no doubt you have read about other religions, I seriously doubt you have an understanding of the overall picture, because you are fixated on your own birth-religion as being right and laughing the rest off. Otherwise you would likely come to the same conclusion upon study: Religions are lies used by hungry leaders to control people for money and power.

They are NOT intended to bring you closer to God, or teach you the way to salvation, nor are they to promote peace and harmony among the human race. They are the opposite. They are intended to produce people willing to donate and die, to help the rulers get even richer and even more powerful. And they use very wrong ways of achieving that, including genocide, rape, and slavery.

The Pope has apologized. I can respect that. I do think some people need a religion because they're not intelligent enough to figure out stuff for themselves, as long as they can remain harmless. And the ideal of Jesus is a great way to follow, among many others.

I also have no problem with people who have faith in something bigger than ourselves. I have a problem when people believe they need to kill or hurt others to promote their religion. I think you're just a few steps away from joining the latter ranks, when the shit hits the fan. And that's why I'm arguing this and trying to make you see the truth.
Let's see since I left my birth religion at 18 your argument falls apart.

Secondly, the reasons religions diversify is not because of what you claim. They diversify for the same reason that every other system on this planet has diversified... it is the natural order. It is no different than the technology cycle.

There has only been one revealed religion where God sought man, no other religion makes this claim. The others are men seeking God. That is not to say that revelations about God can not come from this way.

The truth you are trying to make me see exists independent of religion and is a condition of man, not religion. You are throwing the baby out with the bathwater so to speak.

You left your birth religion at 18? And joined a new one? Really... There's no difference. You never learned from the first one.

Religions branch out because people realize they can make money and power by saying something a little different than the norm, and then getting people to follow them, donate to them, and give their lives for them. They're like, "hey, this guy is doing it, and getting laid and rich, why can't I?" So you end up with the endless iterations of religions, based on followers who decided to not follow anymore, and get the good stuff for themselves.

Religion = Greed (money X power) / Morals (being good)

I don't care about your "one revealed religion" that you just made up. Because it follows the principle above if it is a known religion. Religions cannot continue to exist for an extended period of time, unless greed is greater than morals.

And once you realize that, you would realize that it's probably not something to follow.

Last edited:
This is how religion works... :)

But most people aren't true like our heroes.

You left your birth religion at 18? And joined a new one? Really... There's no difference. You never learned from the first one.

Religions branch out because people realize they can make money and power by saying something a little different than the norm, and then getting people to follow them, donate to them, and give their lives for them. They're like, "hey, this guy is doing it, and getting laid and rich, why can't I?" So you end up with the endless iterations of religions, based on followers who decided to not follow anymore, and get the good stuff for themselves.

Religion = Greed (money X power) / Morals (being good)

I don't care about your "one revealed religion" that you just made up. Because it follows the principle above if it is a known religion. Religions cannot continue to exist for an extended period of time, unless greed is greater than morals.

And once you realize that, you would realize that it's probably not something to follow.
No. I just left religion. Kind of blows your argument out of the water, doesn't it?

BTW, you sound exactly like Karl Marx. You couldn't be a bigger dumbass.

...in order to charm the golden birds, out of the pockets of his dearly beloved neighbours in Christ. He puts himself at the service of the other’s most depraved fancies, plays the pimp between him and his need, excites in him morbid appetites, lies in wait for each of his weaknesses – all so that he can then demand the cash for this service of love. (Every product is a bait with which to seduce away the other’s very being, his money; every real and possible need is a weakness which will lead the fly to the glue-pot. General exploitation of communal human nature, just as every imperfection in man, is a bond with heaven – an avenue giving the priest access to his heart; every need is an opportunity to approach one’s neighbour under the guise of the utmost amiability and to say to him: Dear friend, I give you what you need, but you know the conditio sine qua non; you know the ink in which you have to sign yourself over to me; in providing for your pleasure, I fleece you.)

Karl Marx
Economic and Philosophical Manuscripts of 1844
3rd paragraph

Human Requirements and Division of Labour, Marx, 1844

If that's the case, then he's right! In that idea at least...

What exactly would you argue against that?

Religions are comprised of people feasting on your need to believe in something to make your life more meaningful. They use you and those needs, and lead you down false paths.

If there is one TRUE religion, then the rest are doing exactly that. If there isn't a TRUE religion, then they're ALL doing exactly that...

How does the understanding of that logical principle make me a dumbass?

And btw, I seriously doubt you are religion-free. You are probably the biggest fanatic in these discussions, arguing for and supporting things that defy common sense, logic, science, and just plain being good.

Religions are comprised of people feasting on your need to believe in something to make your life more meaningful. They use you and those needs, and lead you down false paths.

If there is one TRUE religion, then the rest are doing exactly that. If there isn't a TRUE religion, then they're ALL doing exactly that...

And btw, I seriously doubt you are religion-free. You are probably the biggest fanatic in these discussions, arguing for and supporting things that defy common sense, logic, science, and just plain being good.
I see. So you probably agree with the Communist Party of China too.

The Communist Party of China (CPC) is letting its members know that the party’s official adherence to militant atheism has not changed; Party members are not allowed to be Christians, or to hold any other religious beliefs. That is the clear message sent by a top Party official in an editorial published on November 14 in the Global Times, the international version of People’s Daily, the official newspaper and mouthpiece of the CPC.

The editorial, written by Zhou Weiqun, chairman of the Committee on Ethnic and Religious Affairs of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, blasted Chinese academics who suggest that Communist Party members can also adhere to any religion. This prohibition against religion has been a “consistently upheld principle” since Mao Zedong, the founder of the People’s Republic of China, declared Zhou. “It’s impossible to have another choice besides the dialectical materialist worldview.”

China’s Communist Party Reaffirms Marxism, Maoism, Atheism

Absolutely not. You see, you're jumping to conclusions there...

What Karl Marx said in that paragraph is absolutely true. But it doesn't mean it takes me to the CPC.

Ok, I guess your religion is McCarthyism. Wow!!!!

I get it now.

Geez dude, you're better off with Catholicism!

You're a total wreck....

The Communist Party of China (CPC) is letting its members know that the party’s official adherence to militant atheism has not changed; Party members are not allowed to be Christians, or to hold any other religious beliefs. That is the clear message sent by a top Party official in an editorial published on November 14 in the Global Times, the international version of People’s Daily, the official newspaper and mouthpiece of the CPC.

The editorial, written by Zhou Weiqun, chairman of the Committee on Ethnic and Religious Affairs of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, blasted Chinese academics who suggest that Communist Party members can also adhere to any religion. This prohibition against religion has been a “consistently upheld principle” since Mao Zedong, the founder of the People’s Republic of China, declared Zhou. “It’s impossible to have another choice besides the dialectical materialist worldview.”

Why should even truer communists, take deists seriously, if they cannot obey, simple Commandments from a god, and need secular and temporal, Government (by fellow men)?

Why should even truer communists, take deists seriously, if they cannot obey, simple Commandments from a god, and need secular and temporal, Government (by fellow men)?
Then don't. Problem solved.

Then don't. Problem solved.
don't complain about the Muslim Religion; be Patriotic, we have a First Amendment.

Forum List

Back